• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How do you find new adventure games?

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I don’t know if this is common but apart from reading about games on this forum/the main site, I also check Steam/GoG/IsThereAnyDeal sales pages on a daily/weekly basis.

Giving 10% off your game will certainly gain some free exposure for people who do that.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

@Jofog: fantastic advice!!! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 11 October 2018 01:53 PM

I (used to) check this thread and pay attention to what folks have to say - specially Karlok and Oscar because my taste is very similar to theirs and they (used to?) play almost all the new titles and comment them.

What do you know, my favorite ugly mug shot has returned! Smile

Nowadays I post here only when the spirit moves me, which is hardly ever. Four posts in six months, something like that. But there’s one in the making about a recently released game I love. So stay tuned, Zorba.

There also used to be a great (now abandoned) thread where one could see how new (and old) AGs look like.

Those were the days…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Hail to the Queen! Laughing

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zobraks -

hmmm, i know that name!!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey there. As a gamer, mostly reading Adventuregamers, RPS, and hanging out on several discord servers (just realized AG has one a few moments ago, geez); also, twitter, and several facebook groups you can easily look up.

As a fellow dev, if you play adventure games you will naturally gravitate towards those communities - look, you already found this one Smile If your game makes a nice first impression, people will follow it (I know I will), and since good adventure games don’t exactly drop every week, getting the core fans’ attention isn’t that difficult. What you will find is difficult is convincing people who don’t usually play these games to pay attention to you. My advice is to try and see what universal values / hooks your game has, and push those forward. If your game looks like it’s going to be a good one, you already have adventure players on board.

E.g. last week Rami Ismail played my game (huge honor!), and rightfully pointed out that - even though I thought I had made efforts to make my game as accessible as possible - it wasn’t as friendly to non-adventurers as I had thought. We just assume people know to click on the hotspots, open the inventory and drag & drop items… A lot of them don’t. You need to help them understand what they’re dealing with, and this will help both your game, and your genre, if you can convince them point and clicks are fun. Now you just need to apply that to putting your game out there, making sure people understand what it’s about, make them remember stories and characters are things we adore… Sounds simple enough, right? It’s not Smile Best of luck, and feel free to PM me if you think I can help with anything.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This site is the best for me, read the review posted here, then decide to buy or not.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top