• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04KeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The tennis thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, the most obvious moment where the coach is filmed coaching (which he admit to doing afterwards), camera footage also shows that Serena didn’t notice it at that point. But there will probably have been plenty of other moments as well where she did notice.
That said, the same probably goes for Osaka and her coach.

If anything, it’s time that both the ATP and WTA scrap their “no coaching” rule. It’s outdated and nearly impossible to implement.

The umpire was very strict in his initial ruling, but he has a reputation of being very strict. He was still applying the rules and you can’t fault him for that. Everything after the first decision, Serena brought upon herself. Somehow she expects to be able to insult the umpire and get no penalty for it, screaming “sexism” and “unfairness” when she does get a penalty.
She’s more than old enough to know better than to go off against the umpire. The umpire makes the call and you follow his decision. Going against it will only make things worse.

Serena has anger issues and destroyed what should’ve been the greatest moment of her life for Osaka. Especially considering that Osaka was better throughout the entire match and more than deserved the win (and would have still won easily even without the penalties for Serena). Now it’s all been tainted by Serena’s antics.

What irks me the most is that Serena afterwards proclaimed herself some sort of martyr that would allow other “emotional” players to speak their mind during matches. Is she insane? “Emotional” players should get their shit together and shut their mouth during matches, or else suffer the consequences of going against the rules. Especially at that top level where they’re role models for younger players who will now think of that type of behaviour as “normal and acceptable”.

I wouldn’t mind seeing her banned from playing for a couple of months for unsportsmanlike conduct. And while we’re at it, everyone in the audience that was booing Osaka (who was eventually forced to apologize for winning) should be banned from ever watching a tennis match live.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Btw, I’ve edited the thread title, so it can be a general “talk about tennis” thread like we have for football.

And if doing so also helps in stopping some of those sports thread spammers from appearing, then all the better. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Quite agree, what a display of antics from the supposedly greatest athlete of all time (even called as such by the likes of Federer)
If that is the role model for young tennis players, then I’d rather she’d be banned for a considerable time. Serena had such a great run, something you can also be grateful for, as this isn’t in the card for almost anyone. And then spoil such a moment for your opponent that hasn’t had the pleasure and privilege to be a grand slam winner yet? Inexcusable for a senior and experienced player!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i ve read we say tons of comments and replies all over the net, Youtube matches, FB Pages and i came with an understanding of the situation, and as we say around here “... then the cow fell, and there was nothing but knives & machetes”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top