• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445OOUSwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

So much drama, yet again.  I don’t understand why everyone can’t just vote for their favorite game and then let things be.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Detective Mosely - 17 August 2018 09:54 PM

So much drama, yet again.  I don’t understand why everyone can’t just vote for their favorite game and then let things be.

it is not drama, its just not organized well:

1st people retracting from there votes shouldn’t have affected the votings count, because its something weird and has never seen at any kind of the voting matters on the planet, anyone can retract from playing or joining the CPT as always, but the vote? hmm, i think it should ve remained.

2nd adding another to different game is totally different from retracting because the voting sys here does not require only one vote per person, as with all the votings matter on the planet, so what i mean this CPT is made to collect all and as much player there and here to join (the more the merrier) so logically votings might have been better if ended when there is no one else here to vote!, say like when 24 hours have passed with no new votings, as the aim here is playing* not voting for presidency.

3rd the cheating prosses that happened had had too much babble about, Dale caught it and whoever he/she is had admitted it and that was before LadyK had even added that vote to the voting score. yes its inappropriate, and shameful no doubt, but i believe it was given too much weight, and again it hasn’t affected the voting process for however .

4th there were never one time before, when a dev of a game in a vote offered his contribution that his game didn’t win, bc of the honor that it adds to the CPT, even Timovieman has been always feeling honored himself and to the site by making sure mentioning the CPT with the dev whom had contributed with any given CPT (at the recommendation thread), and just now when i think about, something doesn’t seem right.
not mentioning not considering my embarrassment at all by the rudeness that had not even let my apology go well to get it out of my sys, but no it has to be described as drama, that was too rude and and somehow hurts.

5 th time!, however, it is, whether GMT or ET or the site timing..etc is very confusing, i never been able really to tell what time it is every time i looked at the timing of posts here, plus the post that ladyK had filled with whatever and 45 min, is strange that things work here with mins and secs, as if its not enough that we live in different Continent! and that led to excluding some one’s vote because he was late 10 mins, i actually can’t believe that, i still think its a joke, and his vote is going to be taken anytime soon

Add: wow i just have known that rtrooney had brought two new people who just registered for one reason only, and that is to make a post which is a vote for Shivers.
come on!, yoo guys, next time dont forget to bring all your family members, friends, and strangers too if you can in here to support whatever game you would like it to win.
seriously this the fishiest CPT votings i had ever witnessed in my time here, and maybe i will never see anything like it again, and all that mayhap because rtrooney who had been nominating Shivers since forever had decided that he is gonna force it this time whatever it takes, an act that is so obvious that doesn’t need single word more to say.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Best thread ever, best crowd ever.
I see two or three new rules emerging!
Please keep up the good work, people. I love you.  Heart

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 17 August 2018 11:19 PM

1st people retracting from there votes shouldn’t have affected the votings count, because its something weird and has never seen at any kind of the voting matters on the planet, anyone can retract from playing or joining the CPT as always, but the vote? hmm, i think it should ve remained.

I completely disagree. It’s organised perfectly well but just not to everyone’s satisfaction! Yes sure, there’s 3 weeks to decide whether you want to take part in a CPT or not but things can change for an individual within that time. A vote for a game is also a commitment to playing it so it is only fair to retract your vote if you are no longer able to /want to, to make way for a CPT with the greatest number of participants who are committed to playing it which is the idea of the voting is it not (as you’ve clarified in your next paragraph) but I don’t see how other voting matters on the planet are relevant here.

2nd adding another to different game is totally different from retracting because the voting sys here does not require only one vote per person, as with all the votings matter on the planet, so what i mean this CPT is made to collect all and as much player there and here to join (the more the merrier) so logically votings might have been better if ended when there is no one else here to vote!, say like when 24 hours have passed with no new votings, as the aim here is playing* not voting for presidency.

? How do you know when there’s no-one else here to vote?

3rd the cheating prosses that happened had had too much babble about, Dale caught it and whoever he/she is had admitted it and that was before LadyK added even had that vote added to the voting score, yes its inappropriate, and shameful no doubt, but i believe it was given too much weight, and again it hasn’t affected the voting process for however .

In comparison to the hoo-ha created by retraction of votes I don’t think the attempted cheating had nearly enough babble! It’s neither here nor there that the voting wasn’t affected as it was only because of a vigilant administrator otherwise it would have been interesting to see if the ‘alter ego’ participated in the playthrough had Unavowed won.
As for owning up, the perpetrator could hardly deny it on being caught & they certainly haven’t confessed or apologised to those that they were trying to cheat.

4th there were never one time before, when a dev of a game in a vote offered his contribution that his game didn’t win, bc of the honor that it adds to the CPT, even Timovieman has been always feeling honored himself and to the site by making sure mentioning the CPT with the dev whom had contributed with any given CPT (at the recommendation thread), and just now when i think about, something doesn’t seem right.
not mentioning not considering my embarrassment at all by the rudeness that had not even let my apology go well to get it out of my sys, but no it has to be described as drama, that was too rude and and somehow hurts.

So you’re accusing everyone who didn’t vote for Unavowed as being rude because it didn’t win?

5 th time!, however, it is, whether GMT or ET or the site timing..etc is very confusing, i never been able really to tell what time it is every time i looked at the timing of posts here, plus the post that ladyK had filled with whatever and 45 min, is strange that things work here with mins and secs, as if its not enough that we live in different Continent! and that led to excluding some one’s vote because he was late 10 mins, i actually can’t believe that, i still think its a joke, and his vote is going to be taken anytime soon

The ending time was midnight GMT & was stated enough times. cyfoyjvx retracted their vote just under 2 hours before the close of voting & Doom tried to retract theirs over 1/2 hour afterwards - end of story!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 18 August 2018 08:05 AM

end of story!

i agree to that

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I agree, Detective, but it’s such a novel idea that I’m not sure we can handle it, especially since some members’ raison d’etre is to stir up as much drama as possible.  Meh

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Add: wow i just have known that rtrooney had brought two new people who just registered for one reason only, and that is to make a post which is a vote for Shivers.
come on!, yoo guys, next time dont forget to bring all your family members, friends, and strangers too if you can in here to support whatever game you would like it to win.
seriously this the fishiest CPT votings i had ever witnessed in my time here, and maybe i will never see anything like it again, and all that mayhap because rtrooney who had been nominating Shivers since forever had decided that he is gonna force it this time whatever it takes, an act that is so obvious that doesn’t need single word more to say.

These comments are just downright nasty & hardly encouraging for potential new members.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ll retread a lot of what has already been said by chrissie, but I can’t not respond to this.

Nothing wrong with the organization. There’s someone monitoring the voting process, the end date for voting is known and the voting rules are mentioned beforehand.
That some members try to bend/break the rules has nothing to do with the organization but solely with those members.

We’re looking for the game with the most active players. Retracting from playing but leaving the vote will not guarantee the selected game will have the most active players from the list, just the one with the most “votes”. If someone retracts from playing or joining the CPT, his/her vote should be gone.

Because all members are here every day?
The aim is playing, yes, but the aim is also not to rush the voting. A lot of members check in only once a week. Even more don’t cast a vote before they’ve researched a game or made sure they can play or made sure they can *find* it. Having more than two weeks to vote is imo a necessity. Especially if we actually want as many members as possible to join the winning CPT.

3rd the cheating prosses that happened had had too much babble about, Dale caught it and whoever he/she is had admitted it and that was before LadyK had even added that vote to the voting score. yes its inappropriate, and shameful no doubt, but i believe it was given too much weight, and again it hasn’t affected the voting process for however .

The retracting because of the cheating has had too much babble. The cheating itself not nearly enough. If it were up to me, I’d make public who it was just to shame them. I have a low tolerance for cheaters.

Simon Mesnard offered his contribution to a playthrough of Catyph. The only vote the game got was its nominating vote.
I’m pretty sure he feels worse than Dave Gilbert right now.

Describing it as drama is rude and hurts? Why? It’s an understatement. Just read the last couple of pages. It’s downright melodrama.

The voting was open for three weeks. If you wait until the last minute and then wind up being too late, that’s not the organization’s fault.
You’re a football fan. The transfer window is open for almost two months in the summertime, yet most clubs wait until the last day because they can make the best deals then. That also often results in some transfer requests being sent to the officials at 0:01h, so a minute too late. The transfer will be voided too.
If the end time (and the time zone WAS stated!) is known, stop trying to push the limits. Too late is too late.
If you’re one minute too late at the train station, you don’t get to demand that your train comes back to pick you up either.

Rtrooney invited two people who were relevant in the gaming community when Shivers was new, and who may have a little more knowledge about the game than most others.
Also, he brought them here before Unavowed was even nominated.
Apparently, rtrooney can predict the future so decided to cheat early… Gasp

It sounds to me like you’re just bitter because your game didn’t win.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 18 August 2018 05:31 PM

Apparently, rtrooney can predict the future so decided to cheat early… Gasp

I appreciate the support. But this statement implies that I “cheated” by inviting old friends who I thought would enjoy the playthrough. In fact, if you review the most recent AGSOTD thread, you will see that it was C that actually found me. And it was coincidental that Shivers was just nominated. And so, of course I invited her to join. Raedwulf is not only someone I also met back in the good old days. He’s also a member of the Shivers hall of fame. He also happens to be C’s husband. And I’m happy to say that I was lucky enough to attend their wedding.

Advie…. For you to even imply that this was in any way a cheat on my part angers me more than you can imagine. I’ve supported you when you screwed up in the past. That’s gone. I’m putting you on “Ignore.” You are erased.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you guys just keep on babbling, all you’ve said is only for the sake of replying and stubbornness, you haven’t actually nothing meaningful to say to all those series of unlawful acts, and that unhealthy atmosphere you either created, supported or just trying to overlook it.
i can’t stay here or interact at these forums no more after this, and that is my least reply to what had happened, so enjoy.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

And now the drama level is about 10x higher than it was before.  Stunning.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Simon Mesnard offered his contribution to a playthrough of Catyph. The only vote the game got was its nominating vote.
I’m pretty sure he feels worse than Dave Gilbert right now.

I’ve just found this discussion coincidentally. Apologies if I wrote a mistake again. It is probably better if I don’t participate anymore in CPTs then. I don’t understand what’s happening and don’t have the time to go through all of your messages, but I didn’t want to cause any trouble with the rules. If I wasn’t supposed to talk as a dev during the vote, I’m very sorry, I only wanted to give more details about my game and supported OS.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Simon_ASA - 19 August 2018 03:07 PM

I’ve just found this discussion coincidentally. Apologies if I wrote a mistake again. It is probably better if I don’t participate anymore in CPTs then. I don’t understand what’s happening and don’t have the time to go through all of your messages, but I didn’t want to cause any trouble with the rules. If I wasn’t supposed to talk as a dev during the vote, I’m very sorry, I only wanted to give more details about my game and supported OS.

Oh no no you’re good. The gist of this silly drama is advie was claiming that a game nominated for playthrough has never lost if a dev offered support (his message being unavowed had dev support but lost and should not have lost because of it.) And then someone else was pointing out its not the only game to have had dev support but not win the vote.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Simon,
There’s no problem with your game nor you posting about it.  It didn’t win the voting this time but maybe it will in the future.  Your were very helpful with the ASA playthrough and would certainly be welcome again with another of your games.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Simon - I loved your ASA participation.You are not now, nor were ever a part of the argument. I’m sure your game will be re-nominated. And, sooner or later, it will be the game we’re playing.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top