• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

RetroAhoy: The Secret of Monkey Island

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

This deserves its own thread. Amazing content creator Ahoy delivers an hour long deep dive into The Secret of Monkey Island with the type of production values and detail seldom found on the Innertubes.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

with all due respect Jobloshow, and all respect for MI as its even famous than the Genre itself, no extracting here, as none-adventurers would know it and wouldn’t know the genre is unless you told “you know MI?”, “YES!”, “that is it!” i had enough of it and talking about it, or its maybe just me, i just had finished my diploma in it too.

anyway,  nevermind Laughing you do just what you want, i am just pulling your legs here, or your finger Wink

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

with all due respect Advie, I do not share the video strictly because it discusses Monkey Island. I share the video because it’s an hour long story about the evolution of graphical adventure games and one that is being delivered to young gamers on YouTube who will learn of the greatness of this genre if they are not yet familiar with it.

And I ain’t pulling anything you got, mate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i Should have played it first, but thanks for explaining it is an adventure-gaming, general related.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I can recommend the Polybius doc RetroAhoy has done. It is an interesting look at a fabled arcade game that never existed but which was a kind of an urban legend.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Just finished watching this video earlier. Really great content & well made production wise.

Like others in the thread have said: it’s not just about Monkey Island. It’s more like a documentary about the graphic adventure genre using Monkey Island as its focal point.

I really appreciated how thorough and fact based it was. A lot of YT game retrospectives end up as half baked theories & head-cannon. Especially with MI because of all the loose ends in the original games.

This video was way more entertaining and even though it’s an hour long, it makes for a pretty quick hour because it covers so much history.

Also served as a healthy reminder that I really need to play Beneath a Steal Sky sometime soon.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top