• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Interesting. There is only one common denominator. Intense Degree is the only participant who voted for both games. And he is the leader of one of those games.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I’m gonna put a vote in for Life Is Strange. Great game that I’ve been meaning to replay. Also imo a good example of where mainstream adventure games should go (as far as a balance between narrative, exploration & puzzle solving is concerned).

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Life Is Strange (5) - Mikekelly Leader), Intense Degree, chrissie, Detective Mosely, PlanetX

Shivers (4) - Intense Degree (leader), Doom, rtrooney, Lady Kestrel

Thimbleweed Park (3) - Mikekelly (leader), Detective Mosely, dumbeur
The Dame Was Loaded (3) - Oscar, Luhr28, dumbeur

Shardlight (2) - Mikekelly (leader), dumbeur
Danganronpa V3 (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Detective Mosely
Danganronpa 1 (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Detective Mosely

Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist (1) - rtrooney
Lighthouse (1) - rtrooney (leader)
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! (1) - Advie
Simulacra (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Beyond Two Souls (1) - Detective Mosely
St Christopher’s School Lockdown (1) - chrissie (leader)

Voting will close at 8.00pm CET.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Life is Strange has won the vote for the next community playthrough - so whenever you’re ready Mikekelly!  Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Oh, yeah! Just in time, I’m playing Before the Storm as we speak. So far, it looks and plays just like Life is Strange, which is what I was looking for.

Anyway, I’ll have the Life is Strange CPT posted by tomorrow night. Maybe even sooner…....

PS - Life is Strange is a very good choice, however, I am going to nominate Thimbleweed Park and Shardlight again in the future, those are amazing games too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Since the current playthrough has been un-pinned, I guess it’s time to start thinking about a new one.

I’m going to nominate Shivers, and hope that Intense Degree will, again, offer to lead it.

I’ll also nominate Lighthouse, and will offer to lead it.

And I’ll also nominate FPFP. While not offering to lead it, I will again offer to try and bring Josh Mandel on board as the featured guest.

Side note: look at the AGSOTD post and you will see that I hope to bring Celeste Gore Barczewska on board as an AG member. As the primary moderator of the Compuserve GAMERS forum, she certainly has some insight as to what was going on while the above three games were topping the charts for Sierra.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I support both Shivers and Lighthouse.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2018-07-26

PM

Hi! I finally made it on here, thanks to rtrooney Smile I’d like to nominate Shivers.

Btw, it’s nice to be here Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Welcome! We’ve be friends for so long, it’s hard to imagine we are just getting together here.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m hoping someone will take over the voting process. But I’ll get things started.

Standard rules apply. Starting today you have three weeks to nominate and/or vote for games. So the voting will end on August 16, 2018. In the event of a tie everyone, including those who did not vote for any game, can cast one vote for one of the tied games. That tie-breaking process will last one week. In the event there is still a tie, the person who is moderating the voting process, currently me, will have the deciding vote.

Current votes/nominations as of July 26, 2018

Shivers (3)  Doom, rtrooney, CelesteGB
Lighthouse (2)  rtrooney (leader) Doom
Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist (1) rtrooney

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I nominate Shardlight, I will lead. It’s time to pay this amazing game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Ha! It’s really curious. I am actually translating Shardlight into Spanish (it is a good game, maybe not top as Technobabylon or Gemini Rue, but good enough) and playing Freddy Pharkas to test a translation from a friend. I am not a Sierra games fan, but it’s really funny (after all, Al Lowe is behind).

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I vote for Shivers.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

walas74 - 27 July 2018 06:21 PM

playing Freddy Pharkas to test a translation from a friend. I am not a Sierra games fan, but it’s really funny (after all, Al Lowe is behind).

Not to mention Josh Mandel. If you’ve played Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon, then you’ll know Mandel is probably an even better and funnier comedy writer than Al Lowe. :-P

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

I vote for Gooka: The Mystery of Janatris

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top