• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-10-25

PM

Luhr28 - 25 October 2020 12:04 PM

Apologies if I’m missing something, but I’m confused why don’t you just play the first game? If it’s a 2 part game with not much difference between them, that’s what I would do.

It was simply a statement that it wasn’t as stand alone as i assumed it was when i bought it. I am a couple of hours into the game currently so i will finish this game and then go back to the first one if i like this one enough.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If you’d played the previous game or the demo, it shouldn’t come as a surprise the new game is a direct sequel. Now, if that’s a bad or a good thing, that’s an entirely different matter.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

tomimt - 25 October 2020 03:04 PM

If you’d played the previous game or the demo, it shouldn’t come as a surprise the new game is a direct sequel. Now, if that’s a bad or a good thing, that’s an entirely different matter.

I agree to an extent, at least do some research asa consumer before you buy, although there are several sequels, that either dont rely on the previous game much, or do a great job filling in the details so you dont have to play them.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’m just playing this. Like it a lot. I feel the first one was a nice refresh of a franchise and I liked it enough to give sequel a try as well. So far I’d say it’s even better.
One word to describe playing this: cosy. It’s a nice mix of old well known formula with enough new ideas that it doesn’t feel like a simple rehash (of both, the original series and Wet Dreams Don’t Dry).
I’d also say it’s even a bit more daring than the first one, which is a plus in my book.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Dang, this game just sounds better and better. I have a few games in my backlog to play, then I’ll pick this one up. I loved the previous game, it was great.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2020-06-17

PM

I just finished it.

The game is excellent, much better than the predecessor.

Longer, better puzzles and story. I really don’t know why it went under the radar and didn’t get any love it seems.

My only remark would be that the actual sex scenes should have been done better - they should just learn from the LSL7 how it’s done properly, sexy with taste.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

VoodooDerina - 05 March 2021 11:09 AM

I just finished it.

The game is excellent, much better than the predecessor.

It is, isn’t it? It’s really really good.
The humor is excellent. It kind of reminded me of the best Lucas Arts classics. Actually, the whole game has this LA design philosophy written all over it. But in a good way. So it doesn’t feel like copying, but they actually created a game with its own identity.

I was really enjoying puzzles and the game just kept on surprising me with new unexpected situations.

I have a feeling the game fell victim of being a “sequel” that didn’t seem much different from its predecessor (from trailers and screenshots). In other words: more of the same.
In reality it’s much much better that the first one, which was merely “good”. This one is excellent.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I don’t think Wet Dreams 2 is as strong of a game as the first one was, but it is a solid adventure in its own right. I wasn’t a huge fan of the underground maze puzzle and some puzzles, like the temple door, rely too much on repetition. There really was no good reason to have to do that 3 times. The blueprint puzzles were fun.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I also enjoyed both games a lot, although I think of them as one enormous game split in two parts. So I hadn’t really thought about which part was best, but now that I have: I did find both the locations in the second game and most of the puzzles more diverse and interesting. Larry doesn’t have all that much in common with the Al Lowe Larry, and that’s fine with me. Times have changed.

On the down side:
- Both parts were a tiny bit too long, I started to lose interest near the end.
- Doubleclicking exits was hit-and-miss. Annoying.
- I didn’t care for the humor when it involved violence like that Wang character having fantasies about Larry’s body disintegrating in hot lava, I don’t think that’s funny at all.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just started this game, quite fun so far, I did play the first one years ago, and to me, it seems like if you liked the first one you would like this one also. I think this one is a better game, we will see as I play it. So, far I like it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Finished the game. It’s quite long and has an interesting and complex plot, which is unusual for these games. Puzzles were also quite complex at times too, which is unusual for these games as well.

Game is very funny, many laugh out loud moments. I’d say it’s the best Laffer game yet, well worth a replay in the future. Graphics could have been better and some puzzles were just plain tedious however.

Heart

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I enjoyed both games but I think I preferred the first to be quite honest as somehow it seemed less ‘crude’ or maybe it’s my perception?  Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

chrissie - 13 February 2022 09:51 AM

I enjoyed both games but I think I preferred the first to be quite honest as somehow it seemed less ‘crude’ or maybe it’s my perception?  Smile

I am replaying the first game now to see which one I like better. I believe the first one had better puzzles in my opinion.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top