• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Traffic

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2016-07-27

PM

So how many people are active in this forum? I am used to a small regular traffic forum, it can get quite cosy :-)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Rapha1405 - 28 July 2016 10:47 AM

So how many people are active in this forum? I am used to a small regular traffic forum, it can get quite cosy :-)

Hi Rapha!, n welcome BEFORE ALL,
it good you say that as for a newcomer/observer your view of the traffic could be more accurate than me (for example) who sees the forums dead(somehow) relatively to what it used to be. Wink

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

It seems there quite a bit people that swing by and take a look without saying anything.
But there’s only a few very active members.

Cozy would be a good way to describe this site.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay!

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SpeedBo - 28 July 2016 04:32 PM

It seems there quite a bit people that swing by and take a look without saying anything.
But there’s only a few very active members.

Cozy would be a good way to describe this site.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay!

i can not seem to find statictcts from Germany, Israel, uh i mean Eygpt no Niger!!

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I don’t know whether this is meaningful, but the ratio of views to posts on the more popular threads seems fairly consistent. In the casual games thread, which is the one I’m probably most familiar with, there are approximately 260 views for every post. While I can’t do an exact count, I know that more than a few people who were there at the start of the thread are no longer active participants on the forum. But they’ve been replaced by new people. Which is a very good thing.

The one thing I would be concerned with, traffic wise, is the fact that, per the age demographic thread, almost half the participants are in the 50+ age group. That group is going to decline faster than the 20-30 group. And I see no real plans to recruit new, younger people. The result is probably a fairy precipitous fall off in the next 20 years, followed by a fairly slow, but agonizing death.

I know the above has little to do with my original post which basically asked “Where the Hell is everybody?”

But the whole concept of site traffic is an interesting one. And it is not one that “I’ve” seen addressed. Which doesn’t mean it hasn’t. Just that I’ve not seen it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

rtrooney - 28 July 2016 07:05 PM

The one thing I would be concerned with, traffic wise, is the fact that, per the age demographic thread, almost half the participants are in the 50+ age group. That group is going to decline faster than the 20-30 group. And I see no real plans to recruit new, younger people. The result is probably a fairy precipitous fall off in the next 20 years, followed by a fairly slow, but agonizing death.

that is true Tim, and was confirmed by that age poll (remember?) as much as it had shown a certain range for AGs likings? as much as also it had proven that there is another sort of age of snoozing of low interest or laying back maybe due to life other knockings? grasping-out?  but then there is re-renewing love for the genre, after these periods as had been shown at the poll, which (again) me think i may encounter all of the previous within the upcoming years of my life after 40-s and so?

but however that is/was a nice idea of a thread afterall, was needed indeed Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top