• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Global Weather Changes

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 30 September 2014 06:43 AM
Karlok - 30 September 2014 05:30 AM

And just name me ONE adventure which takes 8.8 gigabytes!

Tesla Effect - 14.6 GB
L.A. Noire - 13.3 GB

Wink

Frown

Okay, that hurt, but…
Papers Please - 32.6 MB (yes, MB)
Incredipide - 37 MB
To the Moon - 77 MB
Gomo - 262 MB
Resonance - 403 MB
Fract OSC - 591 MB
IHNMAIMS - 615 MB
Scratches - 925 MB
Moebius - 1.4 GB
Even The Vanishing of Ethan Carter takes only 5.7 GB

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 30 September 2014 12:06 PM

Perhaps we should all stop breathing as well.

Great idea LadyK.  That will definitely reduce the CO2 output from the gas we deliberately release from our derrieres.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

And speaking of global weather changes:

California is reporting driest January on record: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/California-poised-to-see-driest-January-on-record-6041058.php

Whereas New York is suffering from a historic blizzard. Seems the term historic is associated very frequently these days with extreme weather

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/goodbye-world-weve-passed-the-carbon-tipping-point-for-good

Dream is dead

SoccerDude28 - 28 January 2015 01:12 PM

And speaking of global weather changes:

California is reporting driest January on record: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/California-poised-to-see-driest-January-on-record-6041058.php

Whereas New York is suffering from a historic blizzard. Seems the term historic is associated very frequently these days with extreme weather

Record radiation levels from the Fukushima power plant have been recorded off the coast of southern California. Radioactive cesium was measured on a beach between San Diego and Los Angelos.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/06/west-coast-of-north-america-to-be-slammed-by-2016-with-80-as-much-fukushima-radiation-as-japan.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/28-signs-that-the-west-coast-is-being-absolutely-fried-with-nuclear-radiation-from-fukushima/5355280

Nature finds its way, there is no green future but
Halflife3 confirmed

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Donald Trump is seeking quick ways of withdrawing from a global agreement to limit climate change, a source on his transition team said, defying widening international backing for the plan to cut greenhouse gas emissions.

Trump, who has called global warming a hoax and has promised to quit the Paris Agreement, was considering ways to bypass a theoretical four-year procedure for leaving the accord, according to the source, who works on Trump’s transition team for international energy and climate policy.

Well this thread a good run

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Climate change invented by the Chinese, and now trying to worm his way out of the Paris agreement. Makes me feel sad and hopeless. Can he decide that all by himself, doesn’t he need Congress?

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Karlok - 12 November 2016 08:50 PM

Climate change invented by the Chinese

The sleep of reason produces monsters,  Francisco Goya

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ironically Trump real estate use Chinese steel Meh

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Climate change invented by the Chinese, and now trying to worm his way out of the Paris agreement. Makes me feel sad and hopeless. Can he decide that all by himself, doesn’t he need Congress?

Even my Russia understands it

“We’re talking about the big challenge of climate change,” said Russia’s lead negotiator, Oleg Shamanov. “This issue is bigger than life. This is a long-term issue, longer than any mandate of any president of country X or Z, even if that country is a big one.”

Full story

https://www.ft.com/content/35803636-a82a-11e6-8898-79a99e2a4de6

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

He does need congress but unfortunately the republicans claimed the majority in both the house and the senate this term, and most republicans are with Mr Trump on this issue. *sigh* Frown

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

SoccerDude28 - 14 November 2016 11:48 AM

He does need congress but unfortunately the republicans claimed the majority in both the house and the senate this term, and most republicans are with Mr Trump on this issue. *sigh* Frown

How did Obama manage to sign the Paris Agreement with a Republican majority opposing it?

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Karlok - 14 November 2016 12:19 PM
SoccerDude28 - 14 November 2016 11:48 AM

How did Obama manage to sign the Paris Agreement with a Republican majority opposing it?

In the US, presidents serve for 4 years, senators serve six-year terms and house members must seek reelection every two years. So during the presidential year, not only is the president elected but also senators and house representatives for whom their term ended. This year marked a win for the republican party in all 3 branches. During Obama’s days, democrats held the senate I believe.

Edit: In this case, I think Obama issued an executive order. An EO is a powerful tool given to the executive branch(i.e. president) to bypass the senate in issuing a law. Executive Orders should usually not be used to pass laws and bypass the senate, but presidents throughout American history have done so. Trump can just issue an EO to retract Obama’s law, but in this case, he might not even need to do that, because he will probably get the support of the senate and house.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks for explaining, Soccerdude. I’ll keep my opinion of the EO tool to myself, so let me just say that I’ll miss Obama’s decency, his views and speeches, his elegance and his humor.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Priebus confirms that climate denial will be the official policy of Trump’s administration
Reince Priebus tells Fox News that climate science denial is Trump’s ‘default position.’

Well its good thing if Trump will manage to use funds to help poor in red states first.
Human life in US is more important than global climate.
Esp when China dont gives rats ass and covered in smog
Beneath a Smoky Sky

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/8/28/16214268/houston-floods-harvey-global-warming

Meanwhile, my wife’s friend’s brother’s house in Houston:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top