• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s like ten years ago again: two grand slams for Federer and Roland Garros for Nadal.

GOAT indeed. And to say that not two years ago I started fearing that Djokovic might break a few of Federer’s records. Not happening now…

Just one slam shy of 20 and the way he’s playing, he could very well win the US Open as well this season…

I hope his slam record never gets broken…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

anybody here read anything from a writer called Cameroon Jace, he famous for his EBooks at Amazon, his most famous titles is Insanity, anyone?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Before Shinji Mikami popularizing dead walkers in media again
There was a legend ,  George Romero now Dead at 77

RIP in peace

wilco - 16 July 2017 02:56 PM

Federer GOAT tennis player

Thanks to injury of Murray and Djoko
Djoko rekt him pretty badly in last tournies finals ans winning streaks

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The perks of being AG staff:

Thumbs Up  Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It looks good on you, Timo!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Hey guys anyone from Denmark or been to Copenhagen before? We are planning to go there next month and I was wondering what are the cool places(sites, restaurants) to visit there.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 27 July 2017 04:46 PM

Hey guys anyone from Denmark or been to Copenhagen before? We are planning to go there next month and I was wondering what are the cool places(sites, restaurants) to visit there.

I’ve heard Noma is pretty good Smile
Been there last year 3 nights, lovely city, just great to walk around and take a boat ride (the little mermaid is really little Smile ), can’t realy recommend any place to eat, they were just randomly selected and on a budget.
The places and their gardens are pretty but for me the best part was walking around the riverside - Nyhavn for example

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 27 July 2017 06:08 PM

I’ve heard Noma is pretty good Smile
Been there last year 3 nights, lovely city, just great to walk around and take a boat ride (the little mermaid is really little Smile ), can’t realy recommend any place to eat, they were just randomly selected and on a budget.
The places and their gardens are pretty but for me the best part was walking around the riverside - Nyhavn for example

Thanks wilco Smile
Noma sounds really good. Unfortunately, they say it is closed right now and they don’t know when it will open again Frown
http://noma.dk/reservations/

Will definitely check out the riverside.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

I’m a Dane and live in Copenhagen. While my favorite European cities, from a tourist perspective, are probably Rome and Paris, I think Copenhagen has a lot to offer.

I think it’s main strength is the mix of new and old. Just walking casually in the center you’ll frequently pass buildings and sites from the 17th century up until today.

This guide is in many ways in line with my own recommendations, and good place to get inspired: http://www.visitcopenhagen.com

As for Noma - I’m sure there are at least a small handful “replacements” (New Nordic kitchen + high quality/Michelin starred restaurants) you’ll enjoy:
http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/gastronomy/new-nordic-restaurants

Regarding The Little Mermaid - My advise would be to only visit if you are in the neighborhood Wink In my opinion the statue is - while somewhat beautiful - a little boring. I guess the main reason it’s famous is because it’s based on the fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Jannik - 29 July 2017 08:07 AM

I’m a Dane and live in Copenhagen. While my favorite European cities, from a tourist perspective, are probably Rome and Paris, I think Copenhagen has a lot to offer.

I think it’s main strength is the mix of new and old. Just walking casually in the center you’ll frequently pass buildings and sites from the 17th century up until today.

This guide is in many ways in line with my own recommendations, and good place to get inspired: http://www.visitcopenhagen.com

As for Noma - I’m sure there are at least a small handful “replacements” (New Nordic kitchen + high quality/Michelin starred restaurants) you’ll enjoy:
http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/gastronomy/new-nordic-restaurants

Regarding The Little Mermaid - My advise would be to only visit if you are in the neighborhood Wink In my opinion the statue is - while somewhat beautiful - a little boring. I guess the main reason it’s famous is because it’s based on the fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen.

Thank you Jannik for the recommendations, it is super helpful. Smile We are thinking of going to Kronborg Castle,Christiansborg Palace, Alternative Christiania,Nyhavn ,Strøget and Tivoli Gardens. We’re not too big on museums, so we might sneak one if we have any time left.

As far as cities in Europe that I have visited, I love Rome and Paris but Barcelona has to be my favorite. I love Spanish food, and Gaudi’s architecture is the most memorable. I have never seen in my life anything like the Sagrada Família.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Lived in Copenhagen until a few years ago.

I will strongly recommend that you take a boat tour through the harbour and canals, most of the sightseeing places are visible from the water, and there are English speaking guides.

Another place I can recommend is Tivoli. You don’t have to try any of the rides if you don’t want, but the place itself is quite beautiful.

Also you absolutely have to try traditional Danish smørrebrød, perhaps at Grøften in Tivoli.

Other then that the centre of Copenhagen where most of the sightseeing places are, is not very large, so you can also just take a walk through the city, for example starting at Rådhuspladsen (Town hall square) down Strøget ending up in Nyhavn.

And finally many tourists also like to visit Freetown Christiania.

Edit: I can see that while I was thinking, you already had added many of my recommendations on your list Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

SoccerDude28 - 29 July 2017 02:29 PM

As far as cities in Europe that I have visited, I love Rome and Paris but Barcelona has to be my favorite. I love Spanish food, and Gaudi’s architecture is the most memorable. I have never seen in my life anything like the Sagrada Família.

Barcelona is great, and I love Sagrada Família as well as Park Güell.

Your Copenhagen list looks pretty solid. If you have time maybe visit one or two of the parks. It’s nice to bring some food and a blanket and just chill on the grass. Some parks also have big and small activities like concerts, shows, boules/petanque courts, etc.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/rohingya-burma-myanmar-children-beheaded-burned-alive-refugees-bangladesh-a7926521.html

Strange how UN and other countries are silent on this
Humanity at best
And all Arab and Muslims nations aint doing jack shit

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I’m very impressed that I remembered my password after all this time.

Hello, AGers.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top