• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The photo thread

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

MikeLXXXVIII - 09 July 2012 11:52 AM
Jelena - 09 July 2012 05:22 AM
tsa - 09 July 2012 03:52 AM

And Amsterdam is by far the most beautiful city in the world.

But then you haven’t seen Oslo. Tongue Wink

Heh! Well to be honest personally if we are to judge the historical center/central area Amsterdam wins with its unique style and architecture. Oslo is a bit ugly in my opinion from a design perspective.
However if you take into account the nature, “fjords”, islands, recreation opportunities I am pretty proud of Oslo Smile.

So, you’re Norwegian? He he I didn’t know. My comment was more a joke between tsa and myself. We’ve had this discussion before where I argue that Oslo is more beautiful than Amsterdam. It was years since I was in Oslo and I rememebr the town being so beautiful. Specially the view from the camping site -overlooking the entire town- was spectacular.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

Jelena - 09 July 2012 01:04 PM
MikeLXXXVIII - 09 July 2012 11:52 AM

Heh! Well to be honest personally if we are to judge the historical center/central area Amsterdam wins with its unique style and architecture. Oslo is a bit ugly in my opinion from a design perspective.
However if you take into account the nature, “fjords”, islands, recreation opportunities I am pretty proud of Oslo Smile.

So, you’re Norwegian? He he I didn’t know. My comment was more a joke between tsa and myself. We’ve had this discussion before where I argue that Oslo is more beautiful than Amsterdam. It was years since I was in Oslo and I rememebr the town being so beautiful. Specially the view from the camping site -overlooking the entire town- was spectacular.

Yes I am!
Aah now I understand more the underlying message behind that comment. Usually my patriotism would support that view! Tongue
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself in Oslo.

Heres a few more pictures but from Utrecht. (not to get off-topic)

I had some nice Asian food there. I had to walk for half an hour to get there! but it was worth it.

Could anyone guess what it is? 100% meat free

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

@ MikeLXXXVIII: nice pics, and also very nice to see you’re not just taking the traditional tourist pics!

I still think Prague’s old city center is the most beautiful, but of course that’s open to debate (plus I haven’t seen every city in the world, so I can’t accurately compare Tongue)...

And that Asian food looks like babi pangang. Amirite?
Edit: just saw that you mentioned it was meat free. No idea, then.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I studied in Utrecht! Nice town but it’s not as beautiful as Amsterdam. And I’m Dutch so I know what that food is!

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Utrecht looks like a town I’d like to visit. Smile

Lazy Bee

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

The problem with Utrecht is that there are no big open spaces like the Museumplein or other squares. Most of the terraces are near the water as you can see on the pictures. And then you miss watching the people walking by. It’s nice to shop in Utrecht though. During my studies in the early 1990s there were a LOT of CD shops. I bought a lot of music during that time. And I went to parties in the cellars under the street next to the canal… (actually it’s a river running through the city). O, the memories! Smile

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Beautiful pictures of Amsterdam! Makes me want to go there right now! Grin

And thank you tsa, Jelena, millenia and MikeLXXVIII for your kind words about Majsan.  Laughing I will post pictures of Missan and Hjördis when I get the chance…

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

I think Norway is so beautiful that it almost hurts, you are just in awe!
And to think it is all thanks to Slartibartfast…

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Majsan - 10 July 2012 06:08 AM

And to think it is all thanks to Slartibartfast…

Grin

Lazy Bee

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

MikeLXXXVIII - 09 July 2012 01:14 PM

I had some nice Asian food there. I had to walk for half an hour to get there! but it was worth it.

Could anyone guess what it is? 100% meat free

It’s tofu that looks like Babi Pangang Smile.

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

TimovieMan - 09 July 2012 02:24 PM

@ MikeLXXXVIII: nice pics, and also very nice to see you’re not just taking the traditional tourist pics!

I still think Prague’s old city center is the most beautiful, but of course that’s open to debate (plus I haven’t seen every city in the world, so I can’t accurately compare Tongue)...

And that Asian food looks like babi pangang. Amirite?
Edit: just saw that you mentioned it was meat free. No idea, then.

Glad to hear so that the pictures arent traditionally “touristy”. I am not so fond of the usually touristy photos of cities. However it has been a while since I took pictures so I feel a bit rusty!

Oh I do not doubt that about Prague! I do want to visit that place but I keep hearing that the people are unfriendly. Confused

Well the food was a bit of a tease as I went to a place vegetarian place specializing in mock meat. I was impressed with the test and texture! It reminded me of this norwegian Christmas dish made of pork ribs, or the white/flesh of pork chops. They did an amazing job!
It is of course a bit hard to tell what it is made from judging from the picture, but it could be a mixture of soy or wheat protein. Even if I don’t eat meat/dairy anymore (vegan here) I still loved or enjoyed the taste of meat so it is nice to find good replacements that has a similar taste or texture. That restaurant visit at least made the trip to Utrecht somewhat worth it. I will admit that I did not like the town that much. Before I went to Amsterdam I was asking around on another forum about where to go that was close to Amsterdam. Everyone there seemed so warm about Utrecht!
I did however like how the cafes/restaurants were by the water, but other than that I was not so impressed by the city itself. However I can see people enjoying its chill atmosphere and just sipping a nice cold beer in the afternoon at the restaurants by the water.

tsa - 10 July 2012 07:28 AM

Wow I am impressed! I guess you know food very well. I suppose this dish is normal to find in the Netherlands? Here in Norway Indonesian food is not exactly the most popular. Usually Thai or Chinese is the dominant food types from the South East in Norway.

Heres another dish I had there. Noodles with faux chicken.

Now If Flickr allows me I will share some of the pictures I got from the Monday market in Amsterdam.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

MikeLXXXVIII - 10 July 2012 08:51 AM
tsa - 10 July 2012 07:28 AM

Wow I am impressed! I guess you know food very well. I suppose this dish is normal to find in the Netherlands?
Now If Flickr allows me I will share some of the pictures I got from the Monday market in Amsterdam.

Thanks for the compliment Smile. It’s impossible to see from the picture if it is tofu, and I have never seen vegetarian babi pangang before, but I think I have an about 50% chance of being right. There are quite some meat replacement products on the market here but tofu is probably the most widespread.
Concerning Flickr: I always click on a picture in my photostream, then right-click on the resulting picture in the page you get then. Then you can choose the size of the picure and on the next page you can just right-click on the picture and choose Copy Image Location. At least in Firefox it works like that.

Bad Bentheim, Germany, the castle.

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

Thanks for the compliment Smile. It’s impossible to see from the picture if it is tofu, and I have never seen vegetarian babi pangang before, but I think I have an about 50% chance of being right. There are quite some meat replacement products on the market here but tofu is probably the most widespread.
Concerning Flickr: I always click on a picture in my photostream, then right-click on the resulting picture in the page you get then. Then you can choose the size of the picure and on the next page you can just right-click on the picture and choose Copy Image Location. At least in Firefox it works like that.
Bad Bentheim, Germany, the castle.

You are welcome!
Yes I am aware of the amount of meat replacement there and afterall your country is home to the “vegetarian” butcher. I was tempted to buy some but the price scared me away (not very cheap there!).
I appreciate the tip, and explanation but actually was aware of that hehe Smile.
What I meant was that I might not have enough space to upload more. I like to use these services for free and I think there is a limit that is easy to reach. I do like that with flickr as you described how easy it is to share the photographs and pick the size.

Thats a nice picture and a beautiful castle! I do want to see more of Germany as I have only been to Berlin so far.

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

Majsan - 09 July 2012 02:55 PM

Beautiful pictures of Amsterdam! Makes me want to go there right now! Grin

And thank you tsa, Jelena, millenia and MikeLXXVIII for your kind words about Majsan.  Laughing I will post pictures of Missan and Hjördis when I get the chance…

Please do so! Need more animals in here. So far I feel like I don’t have the best pictures of my pets but soon maybe!

Heres a spam of pictures from the Sunday market (My day as a paparazzi photographer!)

I really enjoy this Market. I have been there before on my last trip in December, but I felt like they had a lot more interesting stuff for sale this time around. I got some beautiful vintage fabrics for 1 euro each and couldn’t resist the strawberry deal! The people were probably annoyed with me taking pictures everywhere.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Nice pics. Where did you take them? I also went to the market a few times to take pics like that but I’m too shy and afraid people will start talking to me Confused. I did take a nice one of the fish stall with my iPhone once, however. I’ll try to post it here.

Edit: here it is.

And one of Klaas,just because we need more pets here. We used to have a pets thread on the old forums.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top