• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

Thanks for the welcome! Happy to be here.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2015-05-20

PM

Hello all, my name is BlakouttheMM.

I’ve been playing adventure games my whole life, from the Humongous Entertainment titles I enjoyed as a child, to modern titles such as The Walking Dead. I love games that can provide a highly immersive experience, letting me sink completely into another world.

I haven’t played too many games, though, because my predilection for 90’s first-person adventures combined with my minor obsession with playing them on original hardware has limited my opportunities. Most of the games I’ve played, then, are newer. Indie point and clicks, and titles that can be found on Steam.

My other interests are making, listening to, and producing music. I read on occasion, though I rarely finish books. I’m also a bit notorious for pulling people into fierce debates, so be warned Wink

Well, I suppose that’s as good an introduction as any. Glad to be here on the AG forums!

Walking the fine line between being an original hardware nerd, and being broke from buying original hardware.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sounds like you’ll fit right in! Welcome!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Welcome Blackout. Smile

Enjoy getting stuck into the forums!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Welcome Blackout!

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

Welcome! Friendly crowd around here. Nice to see!

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2015-07-14

PM

Hello one and all !

I am Pacman, named so because of the serendipitous way my initials work.

Looking forward to hanging out and getting to know you guys.

eat my shorts

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome! Have some complimentary welcome fruit:

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2015-07-14

PM

TimovieMan - 14 July 2015 05:02 PM

Welcome! Have some complimentary welcome fruit:

Virtually delicious - thanks !

btw is that a pretzel (bottom middle)?

eat my shorts

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

pac_man - 15 July 2015 04:27 AM

btw is that a pretzel (bottom middle)?

Certainly looks like one. I wouldn’t know - I never got that far in the game. Tongue

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2015-07-22

PM

Ahoy there mates!  Looks like we have a safe port. 

I started Adventure Gaming back with Space Quest, King’s Quest 2, and Police Quest.  I have died alot, but it isn’t a good adventure game without bodily harm imminent.  Wink

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-07-30

PM

Hi All

Been into Adventure games since i was a child playing the likes of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Toonstruck etc. I’m a bit out of the loop on what are regarded as modern day classic adventure games so i’m hoping being here will get me back into the genre properly!

Cheers

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jolly_Roger - 22 July 2015 10:15 PM

Ahoy there mates!  Looks like we have a safe port. 

I started Adventure Gaming back with Space Quest, King’s Quest 2, and Police Quest.  I have died alot, but it isn’t a good adventure game without bodily harm imminent.  Wink

Welcome! The “death around every corner” games aren’t as prevalent as they were in the early Sierra days, but there’s still plenty of games where bodily harm is imminent. You’ve come to the right place to find out which games those are…

ronaldthegreat - 30 July 2015 07:40 AM

Hi All

Been into Adventure games since i was a child playing the likes of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Toonstruck etc. I’m a bit out of the loop on what are regarded as modern day classic adventure games so i’m hoping being here will get me back into the genre properly!

Cheers

Welcome! Monkey Island, DotT and Toonstruck you say? Awesome taste, methinks. Cool

Be prepared for a giant backlog of games to play. Plenty of classics to be found since the 90s. The genre may have disappeared from the mainstream, but it didn’t stop… Wink

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

Heya!
I’d like to introduce myself as well.

I’m from Germany and fairly new to adventure games to be honest. When I was a kid, what some folks like to call the golden age was pretty much over and the games I liked to play were mainly JRPGS, 1st-person-shooters and the Resident Evil games.
I recently finshed “Scratches” and liked it a lot. I am currently playing “Broken Sword 1” and will take a look into “The Cat Lady”.

“Scratches” really offered what I found lacking in most games I played in more recent times: an engaging and fairly serious story which itself is reason enough to keep playing!
Being a filmmaker myself I am really interested in the possibilities well-designed adventure games offer for storytelling.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

coloberr - 01 August 2015 04:03 PM

I’m from Germany and fairly new to adventure games to be honest. When I was a kid, what some folks like to call the golden age was pretty much over

Except that Germany is the only country where adventure games persisted, even throughout the “AG dark ages” of the early 00s… Wink

Welcome to the forums! Have you taken a look at some of the German developers? Daedalic for instance?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top