• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Adventure Gamers sucks -_-

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Yes this is one of those nagging threads but I don’t understand,why when a forum and a site generally is so beautiful,simple and nice,WHY would someone wanna change it and mess everyhing up?The new Adventure Gamers sucks!It sucks man!

I used to LOVE coming to the site all this time,I loved it for the interface and display and everything and now…to celebrate the 10 years…“we have to change it”.

Darn it,you people have to understand that tradition isn’t always “bad”!  Embarassed

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Man you have been a new member at the old AG ,(me too) but i had been guest here for years and i watched the 1st Relaunch 3-4 years ago and i had the same feeling you got, but believe, its only a matter of getting used to a thing.
the guys here wouldn’t had gone through all that for nothing! plus you got a nice A-Z games Reviews Filters, and a user Review rating system Grin

i guess you should better start mentioning those points that sucks and give it a while before you give that whole big(Sucks)Judgment !

for me, (the cons) are:
1- the new Smiles are so small and confusing and they all look the same.
2- the tags (Bold,Color) mechanism are terrible than the past .
3- there is no page’s numbers at the top of a forum Topic like before which means i have to scroll down each time to just click next.

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Foinikas - 22 May 2012 09:58 PM

Yes this is one of those nagging threads but I don’t understand,why when a forum and a site generally is so beautiful,simple and nice,WHY would someone wanna change it and mess everyhing up?The new Adventure Gamers sucks!It sucks man!

I used to LOVE coming to the site all this time,I loved it for the interface and display and everything and now…to celebrate the 10 years…“we have to change it”.

Darn it,you people have to understand that tradition isn’t always “bad”!  Embarassed

You’re right, making the site way better was clearly a mistake.  Shifty Eyed

Deal with it or build your own site. Remember that AG is provided to you 100% free. Saying it sucks when we’ve just added tons of new functionality that people had been requesting for years is just about the least constructive thing you can do.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Marek I didn’t mean to offend you or anyone else,but I loved the old one.It was like…so beautiful for me and so cool.I adored it!First of all,I can’t find older threads in the Adventure section,I can only see 2 pages of threads.Everything “bigger”,all the fonts the letters everything and it kind of looks a bit more “heavy” than the previous one.I don’t know,that’s how I feel and as a user I wanted to let you know that.By no means did I mean this as an offence,just an opinion and heads up.

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Marek, I love your enthusiasm, and indeed - there’re many new little neat things added with the upgrade, but I’ll have to repeat what was already said - Forum is the most critical area and place where fans spend most of the time. The fact is that new forum is pretty outdated to the old one in terms of options, functionality and comfortable features. I’m sure you had a very good reason since you did it, but you’ve got to understand how users feel about it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

That’s cool, Foinikas. Working on the site non-stop makes it hard not to take it a little personally sometimes. Sealed Lips

The older threads we’ve had to leave at archive.adventuregamers.com, at least until we have the time to import them properly. Importing all the site content to the new system exhausted our time/resources, so forum import had to wait unfortunately.

Fonts are indeed often bigger which is a matter of preference I guess. One thing which may help a lot though is updating your browser to a new version if you’re still using an older one. I noticed the fonts we use tend to look fatter and jaggy in older browsers whereas they are lighter and more pleasant with smooth font rendering. (Not sure if that’s the case with your browser of course, just mentioning in case.)

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

Marek, will you also try and add the old smileys again? That’s the most important thing for me right now. Smile

- Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

diego - 23 May 2012 06:54 AM

Forum is the most critical area and place where fans spend most of the time.

Not to diminish the importance for the people who use it, but the forum community actually represents a very small fraction of our overall readership.  It’s the most vocal part by far, but still a relative minority.  A minority I know Marek will do his best to make happy(ier) again, just not at the expense of all the other benefits this upgrade gives the site overall.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top