• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TV show sound uh…show REVIVED!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

is 12 Murphy’s Law

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Both correct.

9 is a theme called You’ll be queen one day and if I’m not mistaken it plays over the scene where Joffrey courts Sansa and they first kiss

12 is the season 3 intro theme

Only one to go time for the dead giveaway:
BOOOOOOOOO!!!!(not a sign of criticism)

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2006-06-06

PM

Spooks?

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Yup. The theme’s called Hold me tight. It plays for the first time after Helen’s death Which was such a shocking moment it stayed firmly lodged in my memory ever since.
Here’s the full theme(with people talking through it urgh!)

Full list
1. Primeval(Trumgottist)
2. Luther(Lucien21)
3. The Finder(Lucien21)
4. Spooks(Shany)
5. Justice League(Panthera)
6. Stargate Atlantis(Trumgottist)
7. Irene Huss(Timovieman)
8. Dollhouse(Lucien21)
9. Game of Thrones(Lucien21)
10. Rome(UPtimist)
11. Agatha Christie’s Poirot(Shany)
12. Murphy’s Law(Lucien21)

Lucien21: 5 pts
Trumgottist: 2 pts
Timovieman: 2 pts
Shany: 1 pt
Panthera: 1 pt
UPtimist: 1 pt

So it’s up to mr21 again to serve us another round of fascinating tv-themes.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I figured 9 was probably Game of Thrones earlier, but never happened to pop by the computer… But what was the whole “oh the irony” hint? Smile
Or did you mean with

gray pierce - 12 June 2012 04:58 PM

You’re really really close. And you did interpret the hint the way it should. The hint makes most sense if you’ve actually seen the show which if I’m not mistaken quite a few of AG forumers have.

that “you didn’t interpret the hint the way it should”?

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

woot.

However unless someone else wants a shot you will have to wait.

I’m off too Sunny Scarborough for a week and even if it has wifi I’m using my iPad to post.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

UPtimist - 15 June 2012 03:39 PM

I figured 9 was probably Game of Thrones earlier, but never happened to pop by the computer… But what was the whole “oh the irony” hint? Smile

The show is about the war for the Iron Throne

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Lucien21 - 15 June 2012 04:19 PM

I’m off too Sunny Scarborough for a week and even if it has wifi I’m using my iPad to post.

Good for you! Such a beautiful place

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*thread necromancy*

How about another attempt at this thread?

Rules are simple: 2 guesses per round and whoever has the most points wins.

In case of an ex aequo, the one with the most correct guesses wins, and if it’s still equal after that, then the one that reached his total tally first wins.

Click here for the medley

Point distribution:

(00:00) 1.  (well known - 1 pt)
(01:31) 2.  (well known - 1 pt)
(02:00) 3.  (old - 2 pts)
(03:00) 4.  (well known - 1 pt)
(03:50) 5.  (obscure - 2 pts)
(04:22) 6.  (very obscure - 3 pts)
(05:24) 7.  (old - 2 pts)
(05:46) 8.  (well known - 1 pt)
(06:30) 9.  (obscure - 2 pts)
(07:25) 10.  (well known - 1 pt)
(08:22) 11.  (obscure - 2 pts)
(09:08) 12.  (very obscure - 3 pts)
(09:52) 13.  (well known - 1 pt)
(11:25) 14.  (very obscure - 3 pts)
(12:24) 15.  (well known - 1 pt)
(13:18) 16.  (very obscure - 3 pts)
(14:05) 17.  (well known - 1 pt)
(15:39) 18.  (well known - 1 pt)
(16:23) 19.  (obscure - 2 pts)
(17:33) 20.  (old and obscure - 3 pts)

Depending on the country you live in, some of the obscure and very obscure ones may not be obscure at all, though, so grab the points while you can… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

#5 Beetlejuice (animated TV series)
#7 Keeping Up Appearances

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

3. Magnum PI
14. Knights of Zodiak (FLock of seagulls cover gave it away)

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I was just thinking about how someone should bring this thread back, even though I never could fare in it. I’m listening to it now, I’ll edit here if I come up with any. #2 sounded familiar, but I can’t tell what it was…

(Edit):
Is #4 Monk? Original theme, before it became the Jungle song…

#7 Fawlty Towers

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh noo! I know #16 too, but I know my last two were correct also! I don’t know what to do Grin (well, I know a couple easy ones, too, but that’s not such a big deal)

It’s unmistakable. Well, maybe I’ll hope no one else knows it before the next round Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

@ Sage: both are incorrect. Frown

@ Lucien21: both are correct!
And yeah, I figured the song would make it easier, but the Japanese version (Saint Seiya) kept mentioning the title… Tongue

@ UPtimist: both are correct!
And yes, the It’s a Jungle Out There song would’ve been too easy. Randy Newman FTW, though. Grin

You’ll have to wait a few more hours for a shot at #16. Next round is coming later this evening. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

TimovieMan - 10 April 2014 06:23 AM

@ Sage: both are incorrect. Frown

It’s becoming clear that I suck at this… I thought #3 was the theme to Simon & Simon until I caught a parody of Magnum PI, complete with theme music,  on Robot Chicken.

One more wrong answer and I’ll cede the contest to greater intellects- #5 Tales From The Crypt.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top