• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Anne Frank house?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So I get home from work and it turns out that my wife’s bike got stolen last night. It was in front of the house, right under our bedroom window, locked double. Apparently, several bikes got stolen in the area.

Normally that wouldn’t upset me that much, since she’s got two bikes that are practically worthless, but it was her expensive, 1000€ bike.

The sad part is that she needs that bike to get to the train station comfortably on a work day, and we can’t afford a new one at the moment… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 28 September 2018 10:17 AM
Oscar - 28 September 2018 03:24 AM
SoccerDude - 27 September 2018 10:32 PM

If I were to describe the Netherlands with a few nouns, here is what I could think of: Wind mills, clogs, Miffy, tulips, stroopwafles, HUGE pancakes, weed, fries with mayo, cheese, cats and cat lovers, Van gogh, canals, bikes, the color orange. Am I missing anything? Smile

Well… yes… but I don’t want to be the one to say it Sarcastic

(and there’s also Karlok, but maybe that’s not so common knowledge around here anymore)

Yeah, it’s weird not talking about Red Light District! it’s been a few years since I’ve been there has Amsterdam changed so much?

It’s still there, but I read they are cracking down on it.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 28 September 2018 03:11 PM

So I get home from work and it turns out that my wife’s bike got stolen last night. It was in front of the house, right under our bedroom window, locked double. Apparently, several bikes got stolen in the area.

Normally that wouldn’t upset me that much, since she’s got two bikes that are practically worthless, but it was her expensive, 1000€ bike.

The sad part is that she needs that bike to get to the train station comfortably on a work day, and we can’t afford a new one at the moment… Frown

Some people suck! Pan Can she use one of the other bikes she has, or are they dangerous to ride?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

cyfoyjvx - 27 September 2018 02:54 PM

Advie? Why is your country so heartless? Frown

it is the same story Arcadia and the Azadi, they save Mercuria from its opposers then they take downhill with their military concepts for life.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude - 28 September 2018 03:28 PM

Some people suck! Pan Can she use one of the other bikes she has, or are they dangerous to ride?

The other two are not in riding condition. Both have a flat tire and a rusted chain.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

1st time i ever receive this amount of recreations and likes over a post, it almost 1k…YAY

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

We had friends over yesterday for coffee and cake. And we had some raspberry cake and chocolate brownies left over. I decided to take them to work to treat the colleagues (which is a better alternative to eating them myself).

I picked the wrong day to do so.
Apparently, it’s International Men’s Day.
(Strange, despite diversity and equality efforts, I still thought every day other than International Women’s Day was Men’s Day?)

Several female colleagues had made cakes and other pastries themselves to treat us male colleagues.

This is the desk diagonally across from mine, six feet away:

DJEEEEZUS!!! Gasp

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i mean to know, did admins remove that ‘Seeking recommendations’ thread, strangely i cnt seem to find it anyhwere, it must have been deleted or sumthin?

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I doubt it was removed, Advie.  Was it here in Chit Chat?  Can you remember the exact title or tell me what it’s about?

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Yes LK, its even still available at my mail, but the link is dead “Error, The following errors were encountered The specified thread does not exist”

it was titled exactly ‘Seeking Recommendations”

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

If it has been merged with another thread, then that could also explain why it appears gone now. The posts would still be intact then. Do you know what was in it? Specific games mentioned? Specific wordings?
Maybe you have the exact words in a mail?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 27 December 2018 06:44 PM

If it has been merged with another thread, then that could also explain why it appears gone now. The posts would still be intact then. Do you know what was in it? Specific games mentioned? Specific wordings?
Maybe you have the exact words in a mail?

Negative. the Emails dont show but the last one, i cant even remember who was the original poster, but he was a new member, this might have had been his 1st or 2nd post, i remember Jabod was the 2nd poster at that thread, then cyfoyjvx, the 4th post was me, then him/her the original poster (thanking…)  and the 6th and the last post was me. saying exactly “No thanks for Mr. Jabod
yeah terrible i know but he only thank cyfoyjvx and never mentioned me or jabod… anyways.

but nevertheless i can read cyfoyjvx’s 3rd post Gasp (at that only mail left) and here its wording exactly

<blockquote author=“cyfoyjvx” date=“1545745929”>

The Cat Lady
Goetia
The Dream Machine
The Secret Files: Tunguska
Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today
Still Life
Gray Matter
The Sexy Brutale
What Makes You Tick: A Stitch in Time

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

It got removed when its poster was removed. They were a bot account, copying content from reddit.  (The equivalent reddit thread for the post in question is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/adventuregames/comments/a8vt8o/seeking_recommendations/ )

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dale - 27 December 2018 08:21 PM

It got removed when its poster was removed. They were a bot account, copying content from reddit.  (The equivalent reddit thread for the post in question is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/adventuregames/comments/a8vt8o/seeking_recommendations/ )

dont you guys have that ‘i-am-not-a-robot’ test now at the process of registering ?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top