• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Games so far this year that are Turkeys

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

For the holidays, let have a fun thread. Anyone play an adventure game so far this year that is a plane old Turkey? Just not that great and maybe you didn’t even finish it?

The main game I’ve played this year that is a Turkey is The Book of Regrets. Good part of this is that I got the game cheap, $4.99, so despite the crude graphics and very basic gameplay I was entertained. The story was slight and there was no character development at all.

So, how about you, have any Turkeys this year?

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

“The Unholy Society”. Aesthetics looked great to me, but the game has almost 0 player’s agency - you only walk where they want you to, pick up something when they need you to etc., and the exorcism mini-game that started as fun got tedious really quick. Gave up on that one in the end.

Also not a new game (I just discovered it this year), “Anna’s Quest” that we played through CPT ended up not my cup of tea. It’s not a bad game, it’s just a game that is isn’t for me. I wouldn’t finish it if not for CPT, and the ending left me with a sense of total dissatisfaction.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

There were so many good/great games this year, so I think it’s fair to have a longer list, even if many of these aren’t exactly terrible.

Roki - Maybe I just had high expectations because of the 4.5 star review. It wasn’t awful, just really tedious.
House of Da Vinci 2 - Similarly, I wasn’t impressed. I liked the first game a lot, and I can’t really say what this game did wrong, it just didn’t do a lot right.
Beyond a Steel Sky - Ok, “turkey” is quite harsh. It was a big let down though.
Beyond Blue - I was expecting something to challenge the intellect (like all edutainment should). Instead it was a vehicle for offloading scientific information via the completely wasted vocal talent of Mira Furlan.
The Flower Collectors - Just boring, really. Stand on the balcony and watch, that’s it. The game Fire Escape with a similar scenario shows how this can be exciting,
Beautiful Desolation - I didn’t play much of this, just enough to know I wanted a refund. Eye-candy is nice but I like there to be more to a came.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Luhr28 - 26 November 2020 07:04 PM

There were so many good/great games this year, so I think it’s fair to have a longer list, even if many of these aren’t exactly terrible.

The Flower Collectors - Just boring, really. Stand on the balcony and watch, that’s it. The game Fire Escape with a similar scenario shows how this can be exciting,

Ah, yes. Also didn’t enjoy The Flower Collectors. It started so promising, and I loved the setting and time period, but I didn’t warm up to either protagonists, and the gameplay did turn out quite boring.

I’m yet to try Fire Esape…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont about things going ‘turkeys’ unless they were cold

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I hesitate to call any game a ‘turkey’ but games I tried that didn’t work for me or haven’t so far are:

Oneiros - I got so far & just got fed up (& it was a bit too whizzy for my eyes) in the ‘maze’ part. I might go back to it though.

The Flower Collectors - Actually I enjoyed the game but I hated the fact that the characters were animals with no perceivable reason/advantage for that decision. For me the game would have been enhanced with human characters & it annoyed me that they weren’t. 

Heal -  A very nice puzzle game with one puzzle which I couldn’t get past so I haven’t finished it.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I haven’t played many “new” games this year.
Mostly I’ve replayed older ones.
But of the “new” games I’ve played, I wouldn’t say any of them were “turkeys.”
At worst they were mediocre.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I almost always play older games, and if I play newer ones, I pick ones that I’m pretty sure I’ll like.
Of the new games I played this year (all three of them Tongue), NONE of them were “turkeys”. Or even mediocre. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Is this some kind of Turkish joke?

Am I the only one who is trying to figure out why the OP typed turkey with a capital T?

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Thanks to the AG’s user rating feature I can safely say that the only turkey I played this year (and completely forgot about) was Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town. It was so below-the-average that I can’t think of ANY reason to play it. Roki, Beautiful Desolation, Creaks had some redeeming qualities, but not this one, sadly.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Doom - 29 November 2020 11:19 AM

Thanks to the AG’s user rating feature I can safely say that the only turkey I played this year (and completely forgot about) was Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town. It was so below-the-average that I can’t think of ANY reason to play it. Roki, Beautiful Desolation, Creaks had some redeeming qualities, but not this one, sadly.

I can’t agree at all. Willy Morgan was relaxing, non-violent and with no scares, with gorgeous artwork which comes close to the best seen in a 3rd person adventure. The story wasn’t memorable and the music just plain sucked and it’s probably overpriced but there are more than enough reasons to play it.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Donuts McGee - 29 November 2020 11:40 AM

I can’t agree at all. Willy Morgan was relaxing, non-violent and with no scares, with gorgeous artwork which comes close to the best seen in a 3rd person adventure. .

just imagine those great artwork scenes being filled with more, i mean much more objectives, NPCs, Thingamajigs….etc instead of one objective that what is needed they the whole game for each location, what a waste.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top