• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

GRUNND | dark mystery and SciFi fusion | Nov2021 - ON KICKSTARTER!!!

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Does the game have a brightness setting? I sometimes have this problem in “dark adventure games”.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

Does not. I will make a not of it for sure!

But in GRUNND “dark” is more mood-like, not visually dark-dark Smile It has some vivid colours in it even Smile

GRUNND.COM
A game, occasional podcast.

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

Heeeey!

Just dropping by to boast Smile

There have been numerous updates for the Demo - including some “convenience” one to make gameplay smoother.

And even more - I made a few “laurel things” to celebrate GRUNND’s success [well, from my standpoint Smile ] at INDIE LIFT and a review over at Adventure Games Podcast ep101!

GRUNND.COM

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

After winning Latvian Design Awards 2021 last month in Digital Design category, now we are launching GRUNND’s Kickstarter.

The game inspired by works of Franz Kafka and David Lynch, mixed everything with Southern Gothic ambience and healthy dose of Science Fiction… If that is your cup of coffee - do help us to bring this project to life!

Head right to Kickstarter page and read, watch, listen - there is plenty of stuff and rewards are amazing: https://pxlme.me/aBjwNO_e

- - - - -
People you meet are slightly weird, and in the air there’s an ethereal, omnipotent power floating just beyond your senses…
A bit of a different take on the point-and-click genre, with platformer-style built locations, fast travel, and multiple choice events introduced early on. This is not a puzzle heavy adventure and all puzzles are made without any nonsense or moon-logic. There is a rich story background for you to unravel; that is not only about you and the world - the people around you have their own thing and they are not here to help you.
Please enjoy the Demo, and let us know about your experience!
Play, Follow and Wishlist on STEAM: http://tinyurl.com/GRUNND
Download and Play on ITCH: http://tinyurl.com/GRUNNDio
GRUNND Twitter: https://twitter.com/GRUNND_game
GRUNND Webpage with some pretty wallpapers and things: http://www.grunnd.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/x86CTec

GRUNND.COM

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Played the demo and absolutely looking forward to this game. Thanks for the KS link, I’m heading over there and good luck!

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

Thank you for the kind words! You won’t be disappointed Laughing

GRUNND.COM

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

To celebrate our failing Kickstarter I just made a video sketch episode about the GRUNND Universe.

Check it out!

Here are the links! Check out our amazing dark narrative driven mystery!

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/olafsosh/grunnd-an-adventure-game

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1449920/GRUNND/

GRUNND.COM

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

Hey, dear AdventureGamers! Olafs here [aggggain].

And we are off - GRUNND’s Kickstarter campaign has launched!

GRUNND is an adventure where your choices matter. A fusion between dark mystery and science fiction. Our journey, hopefully, won’t end here, but we need every little bit of support we can get.

Please, if you have the time and interest - do browse through our campaign, check out the demo and the ton of material we have there and, if you feel like it, do support us by backing the project.

Our Kickstarter: https://tinyurl.com/GRUNNDkst
GRUNND PODCAST: https://open.spotify.com/show/10SarRunb9dBLTUtkVaeeY
EVERYTHING GOOD: https://GRUNND.COM

GRUNND.COM

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

Kind of bummed.

Read through the recent drama, that grew out in one of other discussions here. Will not comment on the main topic of that thing, but one offtopic-y thing there cut in deep - the premise of hate and general dislike of threads, that are created by developers “just to peddle out their product”.

Of course, I can see the point, but this is an elitist take on things. It’s just like treating people as “posers” in the music fandom. Developers, who come here and update about their game, are merely informing you, adventure gamers, about the game they are making for you.

You won’t see AAA-studios posting things. These developers, who are actually passionate about what they do, sometimes put their livelihoods at stake just to make a game. And if there is a way to actually get something back moneywise - they just have to do that. And, as I have seen, do so respectfully.

I can hear the point of “not participating in the community”... Well, there are many reasons. One - isn’t making an actual game, however shitty it could be, a very strong way of participating? Second - sometimes one have not played a lot of things or is just lurking [like me]. Sometimes an Adventure Game is a medium chosen and it does not suggest wast knowledge of previous works in this genre - I am RPG guy, Fallout 1&2 and Disco Elysium is my jam.
- - -

Since this thread’s name have a word “Kickstarter” in it now, I am sure nobody here will read this. But, I had to vent a bit and creating a separate topic for this felt like going overboard and too drama-esque.

Talking about “-esques”... You know what else is “-esque”? Kafkaesque! Just like GRUNND - a fusion between dark narrative driven drama mystery and science fiction!

And we have a Kickstarter! Have you heard? It here: tinyurl.com/GRUNNDkst

All the best, guys.

GRUNND.COM

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Since this is obviously directed at me let me respond. It is not elitist at all. To use your example an elitist would say i only like a certain genre of rock music bc all the others suck or only these five bands are great bc they have all the credibility. I see your point about creating an adventure game and how that is participating. I would argue that yes it is participating in the genre as a whole but no this forum. Plus you yourself said your a lurker bc your not overly familiar with the genre, well than all the more reason to participate and get to know the great genre. Also I wouldn’t make a sim car racing game while also never have played Gran Turismo before if you get what I mean.

Just to clarify I don’t dislike kickstarter’s in general it just gets a little much when you come to the forum and the first page is nothing but devs creating 10 different games all asking for money, as a consumer and lover of the genre it just makes you feel like a dollar sign and nothing more.

So come on participate in other threads I do like adventure games of all types, my two favorite of the last decade are Indie titles themselves, one being Whispers of a machine and the other being technobabylon. Actually get to know the genre and the fans you are trying to sell your game to.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Sorry you are bummed. Get well soon.

Jdawg445, I think there were other voices in that discussion, but in general.. I want to stand for the forum members here.

We could make a new thread to discuss kickstarters in general, or the complicated social roles expected from devs on a forum like this. It sounds less fun than some of the weirder threads that I’ve started, but you know I’ll roll with it.

In this one, though, I’d really like to put the focus back on the game. It looks fantastic. May people with creditcards find their way to your kickstarter.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 08 November 2021 09:28 AM

Sorry you are bummed. Get well soon.

Jdawg445, I think there were other voices in that discussion, but in general.. I want to stand for the forum members here.

We could make a new thread to discuss kickstarters in general, or the complicated social roles expected from devs on a forum like this. It sounds less fun than some of the weirder threads that I’ve started, but you know I’ll roll with it.

In this one, though, I’d really like to put the focus back on the game. It looks fantastic. May people with creditcards find their way to your kickstarter.

agreed good luck with your game and the kickstarter

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

I honestly not targeting anyone specific. For one - I am bad at names and I often not reading who is writing what. Other times I am just plainly forget those. Really bad stuff, when you run into people you kind of know and secretly pray they will, for no apparent reason, show you their ID.

Well, my main point - do not forget, that under the dev’s names there are also real human beings, who drink coffee, raising kids and pay rent and also might have different view on things.

Thank you for well wishes and… Blue skies and golden sunshine Wink

GRUNND.COM

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I’m your Kickstarter backer. Absolutely loved what I’ve seen in GRUNND demo. The atmosphere, the characters, the writing - all of it is darkly odd and very much to my taste. I’ll be getting it on day one, and it’s one of my most highly anticipated ones.

With that being said, jdawg445 makes a solid point. Just like you wrote -

“under the dev’s names there are also real human beings, who drink coffee, raising kids and pay rent and also might have different view on things”.

Well, same exact thing applies to what’s under forum members’ names. In my opinion, it is fairly simple - if a developer wants this adventure community to pay attention to their game - well, they should consider paying attention to this adventure community. At least a respectful modicum. After all, if these interactions don’t happen - the posts about games becomes nothing but ads, and I don’t know very many people who like those.

Personally, I’m not that much bothered by all these threads, but if developer is posting nothing but updates and never engages, I tend to “mark as read” their further posts without reading them. I don’t think that’s what a developer wants when posting here either. You should see, however, how positive the feedback and the reactions are - when developer does make an extra step and engages in at least some topics, even if rarely. I’m rather surprised that not many more chose to do that - it would gain direct attention from their potential customer base. It doesn’t take much, really. Just to show an interest in a genre and related topics as a whole on occasion, and not just their game. Who on adventure forum wouldn’t want to take a closer look at a dev who expresses genuine interest and love for adventure?

I think someone mentioned doing a completely separate forum topic for all the upcoming devs to post their games there, and I think it might be a solid idea worth exploring.

And now I wish you well on your journey - you have at least one eager adventure player anticipating the final game - me.

Content

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

DCast - 09 November 2021 02:31 AM

I’m your Kickstarter backer. Absolutely loved what I’ve seen in GRUNND demo. The atmosphere, the characters, the writing - all of it is darkly odd and very much to my taste. I’ll be getting it on day one, and it’s one of my most highly anticipated ones.

With that being said, jdawg445 makes a solid point. Just like you wrote -

“under the dev’s names there are also real human beings, who drink coffee, raising kids and pay rent and also might have different view on things”.

Well, same exact thing applies to what’s under forum members’ names. In my opinion, it is fairly simple - if a developer wants this adventure community to pay attention to their game - well, they should consider paying attention to this adventure community. At least a respectful modicum. After all, if these interactions don’t happen - the posts about games becomes nothing but ads, and I don’t know very many people who like those.

Personally, I’m not that much bothered by all these threads, but if developer is posting nothing but updates and never engages, I tend to “mark as read” their further posts without reading them. I don’t think that’s what a developer wants when posting here either. You should see, however, how positive the feedback and the reactions are - when developer does make an extra step and engages in at least some topics, even if rarely. I’m rather surprised that not many more chose to do that - it would gain direct attention from their potential customer base. It doesn’t take much, really. Just to show an interest in a genre and related topics as a whole on occasion, and not just their game. Who on adventure forum wouldn’t want to take a closer look at a dev who expresses genuine interest and love for adventure?

I think someone mentioned doing a completely separate forum topic for all the upcoming devs to post their games there, and I think it might be a solid idea worth exploring.

And now I wish you well on your journey - you have at least one eager adventure player anticipating the final game - me.

Content

Where’s that “like”-button when one needs one? (I kind of ask half seriously…:)

I suggested a separate forum section for game and kickstarter announcements some time ago, when I was a bit annoyed about the guy behind The Secret of Jesus only posting in his own thread and about Steam sales of his own game. No one seemed to like the idea back then though.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top