• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 25 March 2017

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Myst III: Exile

Of all the Myst games, I found the worlds of Exile to be the most imaginative and the puzzles the most engrossing.  From figuring out how the little squee might solve a logistics problem to building an exhilarating ride, I was engaged and loving every minute.  My first view of the water house with its gorgeous stained glass windows took my breath away.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 25 March 2017 12:05 PM

From figuring out how the little squee might solve a logistics problem to building an exhilarating ride, I was engaged and loving every minute.

Spoilers?  Meh

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oscar,
I modified my text to be less spoilerish, and I hope you don’t mind that I changed your quote as well.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I got part way through Exile via PS2, left it but might get back to in the future as I just loved the environments!

To be honest playing in a 1st person perspective puzzle orientated game is just not my scene (I’m too thick! Laughing) but if I got stranded on a desert island with a computer & just one game to play I would pick a Myst game as I would have all the time in the world & just hope I wouldn’t get too frustrated to end up chucking the game + PC into the sea!
Laughing

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

chrissie - 25 March 2017 12:56 PM

I got part way through Exile via PS2, left it but might get back to in the future as I just loved the environments!

To be honest playing in a 1st person perspective puzzle orientated game is just not my scene (I’m too thick! :]) but if I got stranded on a desert island with a computer & just one game to play I would pick a Myst game as I would have all the time in the world & just hope I wouldn’t get too frustrated to end up chucking the game + PC into the sea!
:]

Imagine being on a desert isle with your computer and a difficult game, drawing an intricate game map in the sand, and finding a sea turtle or crab has come through during the night “improving” your map.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Whether it be Exile or Riven or any of the post MYST itterations, I never enjoyed any of them as much as I did the original.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top