• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Three songs, in the moment

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

You’re secretly merging threads, aren’t you.

Must be King’s Quest V, from the description. I guess the fortune teller’s friend?

Total Posts: 839

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 01 June 2021 02:58 PM

You’re secretly merging threads, aren’t you.

Must be King’s Quest V, from the description. I guess the fortune teller’s friend?

Indeed! This is all a clever(?) segue into my next three songs in the moment. Tomorrow!

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

This one is in honor of Madame Mushka, Madame Xima, Madame Zazie, Madame Lorelai, Madame Magda, The Voodoo Lady, and all the other adventure game fortune telling mommas out there.

Candlemass - The Crystal Ball
As far as I know, there is no better song about the quintessential fortune telling tool-of-trade than this.

Smile .dk - Future Girls
‘Future Girl’ is the more flattering term for fortune telling gypsy/voodoo mommas.

Deep Purple - The Gypsy
This one reminds me of Guybrush, going back to the Voodoo Lady over and over again for advice, every time ‘his life seems at an end’.  (Or I, as the player, am at my wit’s end.)

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

A couple of dedications, because I felt inspired:

Lady Kestrel:
Floor Jansen & Henk Poort - “Phantom Of The Opera”

Karlok:
Elisa Tovati & Brice Conrad - “Tout le temps”

WitchOfDoubt:
Gilbert and Sullivan - “I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General”

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Oh wow, I have never heard that Floor Jansen song. In fact, I still haven’t, but I am about to! I was a big fan of After Forever in their early days, particularly Decipher. Never really followed up with them past that, for no reason other than that there is too much great music to keep track of. An excellent Dutch export, for sure!

Edit: Okay, I just listened to the song/watched the video. That was a lot of fun. The best part is how much fun Floor and Henk seem to be having.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I love that verson of Phantom, VP!  It brings back wonderful memories for me when I saw the show in New York after a backstage tour of the Majestic Theater.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Vegetable Party - 02 June 2021 12:51 PM

Gilbert and Sullivan - “I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General”

Mass Effect 2 ruined this for me…  Crazy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

LOL!

That is supremely weird. I’m reminded of this scene in one of the weirdest Star Trek movies of all time..

@Baron_Blubba: going from the first song to the second.. very interesting experience! Both are charming in their own way (woohohoo).

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Three songs I remembered today.

Paula Frazer - Watercolor Lines

Twin Shadow - Castles In The Snow

Rosalía - De Plata

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Here are three songs in the Strangeland moment.  Just like the game itself, I think they are all excellent, but none of them will do much to enhance your mood or brighten your day.

Nevermore - I Am The Dog

Anathema - Judgement

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice. I’m vibing to this while I think about my experience with the game. I like the triple reference combo in the first video. Very “Strangeland”.

The other songs are slappers.  Thumbs Up

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 11 June 2021 03:50 PM

Nice. I’m vibing to this while I think about my experience with the game. I like the triple reference combo in the first video. Very “Strangeland”.

The other songs are slappers.  Thumbs Up

Glad you enjoyed ‘em! You might enjoy exploring more by Anathema. Good places to start are Alternative 4 and Weather Systems. Their earlier stuff is death/doom, and they become progressively more alternative as their discography goes on. It’s interesting how bleak and hopeless everything up until ~2000 is, and then they start letting a little light filter through. It’s always quite emotionally heavy, though.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I knew of the stuff that’s more on the prog side. I pretty much avoided Anathema because mymore musically inclined friends in high school were all about this band and I was pretty heavy into punk at that point. Which is dumb music for ignorant people, apparently. So I associated the band with snobby dudes and got into HC, jazz, hiphop, etc.

It’s good music, though!

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

That’s interesting, because they are not the most musically accomplished band, certainly not in a technical sense. It’s the way they wrench my guts that got me and keeps me hooked. And that voice.
I mean, the song writing is fantastic and the musicianship is very good…but they’re not exactly Rush or Opeth or Iron Maiden or Porcupine Tree or Dream Theater or a zillion other bands music nerds geek out over when it comes to chops.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top