• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarlesGabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

User’s pets and animals

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I would like to see pictures of your pets and domestic animals to help cheer everyone up during the quarantine time!
I’m aware that there was a pet and animal thread, but it was just bickering, and no cute pictures.

This is Wilson.  He is not usually allowed inside the house, because he’s a pig, but it flash-flooded that day.  He was well behaved inside the house.

He likes blankets, and he likes celery and spinach.  He also likes to dig holes.

I used to have a green iguana if you guys are interested in seeing that too.  She was like a meter long.

EDIT:Thanks for the heads up Lady K. ^_^

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It says image not found, Celebreon.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I’d like to see your green iguana Celebreon. You sure have some interesting pets! Wilson looks quite cheeky - I think I’d want to give him a bath before I let him stay for too long in the house.

This is Byron, he died a few months ago and I was very sad about it.

Image Attachments

c.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Byron is a cutie!
So the story behind my pets is going to go in spoilers because they tend to be really sad.
When I found Wilson he was living in a dog kennel for large to medium size dogs.  I was pretty drunk that day, but I couldn’t leave an animal to live the rest of it’s life in a cage.  So I put him in the car. Now he has all the vegetables he wants to eat, and all the holes he can dig in my back yard….

When I find the iguana picture, I’ll show her too.  She had blue, green, orange, and black colors, and a similar origin story.  But the pictures are from way back when I first got her.  I think I was 16, so it’s been a while.

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Celebreon - 01 May 2020 02:50 AM

Byron is a cutie!
So the story behind my pets is going to go in spoilers because they tend to be really sad.
When I found Wilson he was living in a dog kennel for large to medium size dogs.  I was pretty drunk that day, but I couldn’t leave an animal to live the rest of it’s life in a cage.  So I put him in the car. Now he has all the vegetables he wants to eat, and all the holes he can dig in my back yard….

That’s wonderful. Good on you for doing that. The moment I switched to being vegetarian (subsequently vegan) was when I was driving and stopped by a big transport truck holding pigs crammed into tiny cages. The way they looked at me and their desperation, I knew their ability to feel was no different from mine.

Looking forward to seeing the iguana Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Celebreon - 30 April 2020 09:14 AM

When do you want the bad news that the new images aren’t visible either?

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Well thanks.  I don’t know why I have so much problem with this.  And hosting it, and referencing it in the tags was only one part of a much much stupider (me) problem.  My pc with my pics wouldn’t connect to the wifi, the usb drive didn’t want to be detected by both my pcs, my phone’s wouldn’t connect to my pc, like everything was working against me.  And because I referenced the URL of my personal images from my online drive, I thought it’d be fine.  I swear I did have it working for real.  Well this will have to work uploading them this way.

Also, does anyone have an awesome dog they can show?

Or a standard dog?

Dog with clothes?  (have you seen that where some dogs like clothes?  It’s hilarious)

Image Attachments

0406191601.jpg0406191601a.jpg

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Dale - 01 May 2020 09:25 AM
Celebreon - 30 April 2020 09:14 AM

When do you want the bad news that the new images aren’t visible either?

Celebreon - 01 May 2020 10:55 PM

Well thanks.  I don’t know why I have so much problem with this.  And hosting it, and referencing it in the tags was only one part of a much much stupider (me) problem.  My pc with my pics wouldn’t connect to the wifi, the usb drive didn’t want to be detected by both my pcs, my phone’s wouldn’t connect to my pc, like everything was working against me.  And because I referenced the URL of my personal images from my online drive, I thought it’d be fine.  I swear I did have it working for real.  Well this will have to work uploading them this way.

Well okay, this is odd. I could see the pics in the original post before Dale posted and (i assume) you changed something. Now I can’t see them. Bizarre.

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

So this was a picture I found of me with my iguana Rath.  She passed a few years ago, but she was just one of the best pets I’ve ever had.

I was 16 when I got her I think, so I’m probably not much older than that in this picture.  She lived another 8-9 years after I got her.  Altogether she lived to be about 15 i think.

I worked at a call center at that time, and I heard through the office grapevine that another guy at the office was looking to get rid of his iguana.  I wasn’t really sure at the time, but I drove a few hours out into the country to check it out.  The people were living in like just a metal shed. Which like fine, but they had so many dog kennels that every square foot around the perimeter of the house was dog kennels.  They had birds and turtles, and the iguana, and honestly I have no idea how the reptiles lived that long with no insulation in the house or no AC/heat. 

The iguana was already that size, probably about 3 feet in length from head to tail.  He was feeding her Iceberg Lettuce, and had a heat lamp, no UV.  She lived in like a home-made 2 foot by 2 foot cage that I immediately threw out.  You may notice in the photo that she has this nasty hump in her back.  Well the first thing I did was take her to the vet because she had a mouth infection, and I didn’t know what the back hump was.  Due to being fed iceberg lettuce, having no UV lamps etc, she had a calcium deficiency and the previous owner had accidentally broken her back, and it grew back together wrong, so she was paralyzed from the break point, and everything behind that.

After consulting with the exotic animal vet, he advised that I just build an enclosure where she could get plenty of exercise, but not climb because of her condition.  If you know anything about arboreal lizards, they have a need to climb.  I took an old ferret cage I had used before, and tilted it on it’s side, and built a ramp going up to the cage so she could safely climb from the cage, down into the room.  I fixed her diet, and got her circadian rhythms return to normal, got her mouth infection cleared up (ever given antibiotics to an iguana?  Yeah it’s a thing), and I started getting her used to me handling her.  Although she had plenty of heat and lamps, she would come crawl out of her cage and lay on my chest. 

She loved to eat bananas and collard greens, and she liked to spend time out in the sun room during the summer, watching trees move and stuff.

Image Attachments

rath.jpg

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2020-05-27

PM

Hey there!
This is my beany

Image Attachments

53735628_1723858174384299_2157640051654131712_n-758x758.jpg

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Tell beany I love him and he is doing great! 

Fine lookin cat!

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Celebreon - 02 May 2020 11:17 AM

So this was a picture I found of me with my iguana Rath.  She passed a few years ago, but she was just one of the best pets I’ve ever had.

I was 16 when I got her I think, so I’m probably not much older than that in this picture.  She lived another 8-9 years after I got her.  Altogether she lived to be about 15 i think.

I worked at a call center at that time, and I heard through the office grapevine that another guy at the office was looking to get rid of his iguana.  I wasn’t really sure at the time, but I drove a few hours out into the country to check it out.  The people were living in like just a metal shed. Which like fine, but they had so many dog kennels that every square foot around the perimeter of the house was dog kennels.  They had birds and turtles, and the iguana, and honestly I have no idea how the reptiles lived that long with no insulation in the house or no AC/heat. 

The iguana was already that size, probably about 3 feet in length from head to tail.  He was feeding her Iceberg Lettuce, and had a heat lamp, no UV.  She lived in like a home-made 2 foot by 2 foot cage that I immediately threw out.  You may notice in the photo that she has this nasty hump in her back.  Well the first thing I did was take her to the vet because she had a mouth infection, and I didn’t know what the back hump was.  Due to being fed iceberg lettuce, having no UV lamps etc, she had a calcium deficiency and the previous owner had accidentally broken her back, and it grew back together wrong, so she was paralyzed from the break point, and everything behind that.

After consulting with the exotic animal vet, he advised that I just build an enclosure where she could get plenty of exercise, but not climb because of her condition.  If you know anything about arboreal lizards, they have a need to climb.  I took an old ferret cage I had used before, and tilted it on it’s side, and built a ramp going up to the cage so she could safely climb from the cage, down into the room.  I fixed her diet, and got her circadian rhythms return to normal, got her mouth infection cleared up (ever given antibiotics to an iguana?  Yeah it’s a thing), and I started getting her used to me handling her.  Although she had plenty of heat and lamps, she would come crawl out of her cage and lay on my chest. 

She loved to eat bananas and collard greens, and she liked to spend time out in the sun room during the summer, watching trees move and stuff.

It’s really kind of blowing my mind that you can have a lizard as a pet, and how much personality they have. She’s gorgeous anyway, thanks for sharing Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I had a pet tegu lizard many years ago.  He used to sun himself on the back of the couch and loved to be rubbed on the ridge just above his eye.  I’ll see if I can find a picture of him.

Tuffy the Tegu:

I’m sorry for the poor quality, but the photo was taken in 1977 and hasn’t aged well.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I love tegus and have wanted one sooo badly since having lizard was my favorite pet!

They are just so cute and chubby looking with their stubby legs, and they are a little more smoother that something with spines like and iguana, so they look like they would feel cool to pet them.

I love this cute guy, thank you so much for sharing, and I’d definitely love to hear more!

So was he omnivorous?  It’s been a while since I researched it, but I thought tegus can eat some fruits, veggies, insects, and eggs.  And if I remember right they have even longer sharper teeth that herbivorous reptiles like iguanas. 

Rath bit me once when I was trying to administer that antibiotic I mentioned in the previous post. I’d never seen blood pour from a wound so fast in my life, I nearly fainted from the sight moreso than the pain.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Tuffy was especially fond of eggs.  He never tried to bite, but his nails could scratch when he was being picked up. 

In those days, my first husband and I also had several varieties of snakes and birds because my step-daughter had allergies to cats and dogs.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 834

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Image #1 is Goodness Waddlesmith. She is buried in the yard beside my parent’s house.

Image #2 is the closest thing I have to a pet these days. He is more like my liege, lord, and master. Everything I do is in his name and for his glory. For cuddling purposes, he also fits great into the nook of my arm.

Image Attachments

6702C34B-A9F0-48F9-8DA1-D1C82F784B7E.jpegA2AB17F3-B305-47E1-B51C-2F2138A7093E.jpeg

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top