• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Brody - 11 May 2015 10:53 AM

I’m a big fan of Daredevil these days, although Game of Thrones is my can’t-miss each week when it’s around.

Also, now that I work as part of a team in a tech startup, HBO’s Silicon Valley is also really amusing.

I watch very few TV shows now but I marathoned through that Daredevil season. Great show, specially the first half of the season.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 11 May 2015 11:01 AM

I’m a big fan of Daredevil these days, although Game of Thrones is my can’t-miss each week when it’s around.

Also, now that I work as part of a team in a tech startup, HBO’s Silicon Valley is also really amusing.

I watch very few TV shows now but I marathoned through that Daredevil season. Great show, specially the first half of the season.

Binge watched this, highly recommended, the final 2 episodes hit me hard.
Shows the animal survival instinct of better people of society who can go against their
own siblings to make their life better, in Florida keys setting for a change.

Ben Mendelsohn deserves Emmy nomination, atleast.

4.5/5

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

nomadsoul - 11 May 2015 12:05 PM
wilco - 11 May 2015 11:01 AM

Binge watched this, highly recommended, the final 2 episodes hit me hard.
Shows the animal survival instinct of better people of society who can go against their
own siblings to make their life better, in Florida keys setting for a change.

Ben Mendelsohn deserves Emmy nomination, atleast.

4.5/5

I keep meaning to check out Bloodline, especially because of its Florida locale (my native home state and favorite source of strange news). Probably after I finish Daredevil!

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I hate this time of year, where all the US TV shows are coming to cliffhanger endings and the fate of the shows are decided by the suits.

Has your favourite show been axed (personally I was quite enjoying Forever ), was there a cliffhanger that will never be solved.

This year they have gone axe happy with 30 shows for the chop.

Fox:

Canceled:

Backstrom (1 season, 1.5 average rating among adults 18-49 including DVR playback)
The Following (3 seasons, 1.9) — Being shopped to other distributors by studio Warner Bros.
Glee (6 seasons, 1.2)
Gracepoint (1 season, 1.4)
Hieroglyph (Canceled ahead of premiere)
The Mindy Project (3 seasons, 1.6) — Being shopped to other distributors by studio NBC Universal.
Mulaney (1 season, 0.Cool
Red Band Society (1 season, 1.7)
Utopia (1 season, 1.7)

Renewed:

Bob’s Burgers (Season 6)
Bones (Season 11)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Season 3)
Empire (Season 2)
Gotham (Season 2)
Family Guy (Season 14)
Last Man on Earth (Season 2)
MasterChef (Season 6)
MasterChef Junior (Season 4)
New Girl (Season 5)
The Simpsons (Season 27 & 28)
Sleepy Hollow (Season 3)

ABC:

Canceled:

Cristela (1 season, 1.3 average rating among adults 18-49 including DVR playback)
Forever (1 season, 1.9)
Manhattan Love Story (1 season, 1.2)
Members Only (Canceled before premiere)
Resurrection (2 seasons, 2.0)
Revenge (4 seasons, 1.9)
Selfie (1 season, 1.5)
The Taste (3 seasons, 1.0)

Renewed:

America’s Funniest Home Videos (Season 26)
American Crime (Season 2)
The Bachelor (Season 20)
Black-ish (Season 2)
Castle (Season Cool
Dancing with the Stars (Season 21)
Extreme Weight Loss (Season 5)
Fresh Off the Boat (Season 2)
Galavant (Season 2)
The Goldbergs (Season 3)
Grey’s Anatomy (Season 12)
How to Get Away with Murder (Season 2)
Last Man Standing (Season 5)
Marvel’s Agent Carter (Season 2)
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 3)
The Middle (Season 7)
Modern Family (Season 7)
Nashville (Season 4)
Once Upon a Time (Season 5)
Scandal (Season 5)
Secrets and Lies (Season 2)
Shark Tank (Season 7)
Shark Tank: Beyond the Tank (Season 2)

The CW:

Canceled:

Hart of Dixie (4 seasons, 0.7)
The Messengers (1 season, 0.3)

Renewed:

The 100 (Season 3)
America’s Next Top Model (Season 22)
Arrow (Season 4)
Beauty and the Beast (Season 4)
The Flash (Season 2)
Jane the Virgin (Season 2)
Masters of Illusion (Season 2)
The Originals (Season 3)
Penn & Teller: Fool Us (Season 2)
Reign (Season 3)
Supernatural (Season 11)
The Vampire Diaries (Season 7)
Whose Line Is It Anyway? (Season 3
iZombie (Season 2)

NBC:

Canceled:

A to Z (1 season, 1.0 average rating among adults 18-49 including DVR playback)
About a Boy (2 seasons, 1.4)
Allegiance (1 season, 1.3)
Bad Judge (1 season, 1.3)
Constantine (1 season, 1.6) — Being shopped to other distributors by studio Warner Bros.
Marry Me (1 season, 1.5)
Mission Control (canceled before premiere)
One Big Happy (1 season, 1.4)
Parenthood (6 seasons, 2.3)
Parks and Recreation (7 seasons, 2.0)
State of Affairs (1 season, 1.9)

Renewed:

The Blacklist (Season 3)
The Biggest Loser (Season 17)
Celebrity Apprentice (Season 15)
Chicago Fire (Season 4)
Chicago P.D. (Season 3)
Grimm (Season 5)
Hollywood Game Night (Season 3)
Law & Order: SVU (Season 17)
Mysteries of Laura (Season 2)
Undateable (All live season 3)
The Voice (Season 9)

CBS:

Canceled:

Battle Creek (1 season, 1.1 average rating among adults 18-49 including DVR playback) — Not yet confirmed by CBS
The McCarthys (1 season, 1.9) — Not yet confirmed by CBS
The Mentalist (7 seasons, 1.9)
The Millers (2 seasons, 2.0)
Stalker (1 season, 2.4) — Not yet confirmed by CBS
Two and a Half Men (12 seasons, 3.1)

Renewed:

2 Broke Girls (Season 5)
The Big Bang Theory (Seasons 9 & 10)
Big Brother (Seasons 17 & 18)
Scorpion (Season 2)
Madam Secretary (Season 2)
Mike & Molly (Season 6)
Mom (Season 3)
NCIS: New Orleans (Season 2)
Blue Bloods
Criminal Minds
CSI
CSI: Cyber
Elementary
The Good Wife
Hawaii Five-0
NCIS
NCIS: Los Angeles
The Odd Couple
Person of Interest

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Better Call Saul renewed, have to finish it.
Battlecreek got pwned lol, looks like Vince bet on the wrong horse.
Glad Following got axed, was long overdue, terrible show, K.Bacon wasted.
Bloodline is renewed btw.
And looking forward to Tyrant Season 2 (FX).
Now SonsofAnarchy and Justified gone, wonder how FX will hold up.
Banshee renewed too, this years season was Top tier stuff, brilliant action/fight scenes,
infact best on TV.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m miffed that State of Affairs got cancelled, especially because it was a major cliffhanger.  At least take time to resolve the story one way or the other!

I am glad that The Blacklist will continue, although I still haven’t watched the first season yet.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Supernatural is still going??
CSI Cyber is a thing?!?

That is a huge list shows, it’s kind of hard to invest in watching a show knowing it can be pulled at any minute without resolution or if it’s successful it gets milked into never ending seasons and ends up with a terrible ending…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 11 May 2015 06:21 PM

Supernatural is still going??
CSI Cyber is a thing?!?

That is a huge list shows, it’s kind of hard to invest in watching a show knowing it can be pulled at any minute without resolution or if it’s successful it gets milked into never ending seasons and ends up with a terrible ending…

Huge amount of shows are being made, TV industry output is insane, and beneath the quality its always about numbers/rating point that defines the game.
I treat it as huge pond to find my kind of fish to have a nice meal, basically to fill the void.

For your later part, imo Anthology format works best, like TrueDetective or Fargo.

Edit:

Another one of my recent fav show returning, again recommended highly.

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/amazon-renews-bosch-cop-drama-for-season-2-2-1201455345/

Bosch” — the Internet studio’s first drama — stars Titus Welliver (“Lost,” “The Good Wife,” “Sons of Anarchy”) as titular detective Harry Bosch. Season two will draw from Connelly’s “Trunk Music” and “The Drop” novels; the 19 books in his Bosch series have sold more than 50 million copies.

Amazon, like Netflix, doesn’t release specific viewing data. But according to Amazon, “Bosch” has been the most-watched title on Prime Instant Video out of all TV shows and movies in the four weeks since the season one debut on Feb. 13.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Some of the new shows

Coming in September this is the flip side of the Axe falling, the networks bring in new shows to replace them.

Any that peak your interest.

FOX

Minority Report - No Tom Cruise, but lot of precog crime.

Lucifer - Based on the DC Comic, The Devil solves crimes ?

Rosewood - Private pathologist with his own state of the art lab solves crimes.

Frankenstein Code - Old guy brought back to life as a young man, stronger, faster etc solves crime.

ABC

The Muppets - Ohhh Yeeeeahhhh!

Oil - Modern day Dallas ?

Wicked City - Murder in LA

Quantico - FBI Training agent caught in terrorist conspiracy

NBC

Blindspot - Jaime Alexander (Thor) has no memory and lots of tattoos. Every Tattoo is a clue to some big secret…

The Player - Wesley Snipes back in TV.

CBS

No Trailers, but a lot of their new shows are based on existing properties.

Supergirl - Based on the COmic Hero

Limitless - Based on the Bradley Cooper movie

Rush Hour - Based on the movie

Criminal Minds :Beyond Borders - Spin-off with Gary Sinese.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I’m extremely looking forward to True Detective 2.  Teaser got me hooked right away. I think season 1 was phenomenal, and I don’t know how that could be surpassed, but I trust the creator and I really dig the mood of the teaser. 

Speaking of TV shows: How does everyone like season 5 of Game of Thrones so far? (no spoilers without spoiler tags please).  German Amazon Instant Video only has the first 3 episodes so far (always a new episode on Tuesdays), so I haven’t seen more than that.

Personally, I like it a LOT so far. I don’t mind the slow pace, and I absolutely love the direction the different stoylines have taken so far.

This may even be the first season where I actually dig the role of Jon Snow. Not saying I disliked his story in the first 4 seasons, but it was never one of my favorites, and I actually always thought of Ygritte as a way more interesting character. But now may be the first time the character of Jon Snow excites me.  I especially like his interactions with Stannis.

Lot of potential in season 5. Can’t wait for more.

P.S.No Bran in season 5. Yay!!! Smile

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Ingmar - 13 May 2015 05:29 AM

Speaking of TV shows: How does everyone like season 5 of Game of Thrones so far? (no spoilers without spoiler tags please).

Meh. It’s mostly been place-setting so far. Halfway through the season, and I can’t remember a single important thing that happened. (Except that the show has made me genuinely root for Stannis, which is no small feat.)

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a very good show and I wouldn’t miss it for the world. And I know that they have to work with awful, awful source material this season, and I think that they’re doing a pretty good job of making it suck less.

Still, it’s on the same day as Mad Men and Penny Dreadful, and for the past couple of weeks I’ve been enjoying those two considerably more than GoT; I wouldn’t have said that a year ago.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

nomadsoul - 11 May 2015 04:16 PM

Better Call Saul renewed, have to finish it.
Battlecreek got pwned lol, looks like Vince bet on the wrong horse.

Quite the contrary. He’s been running Better Call Saul, whereas his involvement with Battlecreek was limited to writing the pilot a decade ago.

(And you should finish Better Call Saul, it’s brilliant.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 May 2015 06:35 AM
Ingmar - 13 May 2015 05:29 AM

Speaking of TV shows: How does everyone like season 5 of Game of Thrones so far? (no spoilers without spoiler tags please).

Meh. It’s mostly been place-setting so far. Halfway through the season, and I can’t remember a single important thing that happened. (Except that the show has made me genuinely root for Stannis, which is no small feat.)

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a very good show and I wouldn’t miss it for the world. And I know that they have to work with awful, awful source material this season, and I think that they’re doing a pretty good job of making it suck less.

Still, it’s on the same day as Mad Men and Penny Dreadful, and for the past couple of weeks I’ve been enjoying those two considerably more than GoT; I wouldn’t have said that a year ago.

Awful source material? So it’s at Dance with Dragons point?
Is it reaching where the books are at the end of this season?

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 13 May 2015 06:54 AM

They’re doing both Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons this season. They’re cutting a lot of stuff (all the Cthulhu people, half of the Dorne people, those guys on the boat with Tyrion, hopefully the two midgets and their pig…), and changing a lot. At this point, having read the books offers only little insight into what’s going to happen.

I fully expect the season to end on

(which should be awesome) but apart from that, who knows?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 May 2015 07:42 AM
wilco - 13 May 2015 06:54 AM

They’re doing both Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons this season. They’re cutting a lot of stuff (all the Cthulhu people, half of the Dorne people, those guys on the boat with Tyrion, hopefully the two midgets and their pig…), and changing a lot. At this point, having read the books offers only little insight into what’s going to happen.

They cut all Cthulhu?!? Seems like they are cutting a lot Feast of Crows, makes sense since it’s about new characters most people don’t care.
About the guys on the boat, isn’t one of them the Targaryen descendant? They are not introducing him? Completely agree with 2 midgets and the pig…
I’ve read they cut Zombie Catherine Stark from Season 4. Is she appearing now?
One more question, does the training of blind Arya show up?

Kurufinwe - 13 May 2015 07:42 AM

I fully expect the season to end on

(which should be awesome) but apart from that, who knows?

Makes sense, best part of the 2 last books! I still can’t believe there’s so little stuff happening…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top