• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Had the weirdest Saturday:
It started with me feeling like crap: sore throat and feeling like a fever was approaching. Decided to spend the day in front of a DVD. which I also did.
Then my dog Jaffa started ‘talking to me’, giving me hints that she needed to go outdoors, repeatedly. After a while Mr J and I understood she couldn’t pee properly or at least had some issues with peeing. Having talked to a vet we finally decided to go to the emergency vet which is located more than 100 km west of our small town. In order to get there we had to drive through a vast forest with a large number of wildlife: elks, deer and wild boar. After more than three hours at the vet’s we learned she has an infection and we got antibiotics. All this cost us roughly 500 Euros. Embarassed (I can’t believe they charge such amounts of money after having spend less than ten minutes examining the dog and keeping us waiting for more than two hours altogether. I do understand that the x-ray is expensive, but still. *rips hair*)
After midnight, going back home through the forest I mentioned, three deer ran up on the road right in front of our car. MrJ who is a skilled driver and apparently also gifted with big chunk of luck managed to, while stepping on the breaks, pass in between the first and the second deer. It was so close I estimate it to be less than half a meter on each side between us and the animals.
Now I’m back home. I’m sipping on a glass of red wine appreciating having reached home safe and sound. Jaffa has gotten her first antibiotic pill and I hope she’ll feel better tomorrow.  Smile

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

That sounds like a stressful day!

Hope you and Jaffa get some rest and feel better tomorrow! Smile

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 83

Joined 2006-09-15

PM

Sorry to here about your pet Jel. for 500 Euros I hope you got some kind of guarantee.

In Kentucky we had an answer to the deer problem. It’s called a bull bar.

http://www.ted.com/
http://www.nature.org/
You don’t have to agree with what everyone says,
Just respect there right to say it

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Vet bills are indeed horrible. Seems bordering unethical to me really that they don’t help a suffering animal without someone dishing out hundreds of euros. Some people don’t even have enough for the “final shot” Meh. I guess people can call some kind of animal shelter in those cases but still.

But good thing you’re okay and the dog is most likely healing now.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Guess they need to make money though…

I mean, you’re right, certainly, but it’s not a public service so they need to get their pay from the customers.

What’s very wrong is taking so much money (well, especially when thinking about countries like the US but it’s still a problem here in Finland too) for something which is a public service and should be available to everyone - that is, health care.

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

O Fortuna. Now I understand it.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Jelena - 02 June 2012 07:44 PM

It started with me feeling like crap: sore throat and feeling like a fever was approaching. Decided to spend the day in front of a DVD. which I also did.
Then my dog Jaffa started ‘talking to me’, giving me hints that she needed to go outdoors, repeatedly. After a while Mr J and I understood she couldn’t pee properly or at least had some issues with peeing. Having talked to a vet we finally decided to go to the emergency vet which is located more than 100 km west of our small town. In order to get there we had to drive through a vast forest with a large number of wildlife: elks, deer and wild boar. After more than three hours at the vet’s we learned she has an infection and we got antibiotics. All this cost us roughly 500 Euros. Embarassed (I can’t believe they charge such amounts of money after having spend less than ten minutes examining the dog and keeping us waiting for more than two hours altogether. I do understand that the x-ray is expensive, but still. *rips hair*)
After midnight, going back home through the forest I mentioned, three deer ran up on the road right in front of our car. MrJ who is a skilled driver and apparently also gifted with big chunk of luck managed to, while stepping on the breaks, pass in between the first and the second deer. It was so close I estimate it to be less than half a meter on each side between us and the animals.
Now I’m back home. I’m sipping on a glass of red wine appreciating having reached home safe and sound. Jaffa has gotten her first antibiotic pill and I hope she’ll feel better tomorrow.  Smile

Hope you all are feeling alright this Sunday? And I hope that you had an insurance. Majsan Heart needed medicines and operation before she died… and it gets really expencive. But you just have to do it…

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

stepurhan - 03 June 2012 08:13 AM

Hilarious!

@Majsan
Yes, we do have insurance for Jaffa, so in the ned we’ll end up having payed around 220 Euros I believe.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

LOL!

Reminds me of the Benny Lava song. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jelena - 02 June 2012 07:44 PM

Good to hear it’s better now Jelena. I don’t have insurance for my rabbits but I was surprised at how expensive neutering Annabel was. On the other hand, operating on people is much more expensive for some unknown reason.

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

O Fortuna. Now I understand it.[/quote

Love it!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

TimovieMan - 03 June 2012 11:22 AM

LOL!

Reminds me of the Benny Lava song. Grin

Both of these are so great! I’ve seen a lot of such videos, but these two have certainly something special… First of all the O Fortuna is great because there’s some insane consistency in it, plus the song is sung in a way which is unusually suitable for the “new lyrics”.

But this other one is just so brilliant even without the “lyrics” Grin Ooh, got to love that type of Bollywood stuff…

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

I agree that the O Fortuna clip is unusually great. Thanks for sharing!

I clicked the random link on that site a couple of times, ended up with a good bird clip (sorry, I lost the link to that one), an then this: Sort of a real life Prince of Persia. The game, I mean. This reminds me very much of Sands of Time.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Grin

Wow, I love seeing people do stuff like that. Shows what practice can do Tongue

In that video though I love when he does totally everyday things though (only usually not in very everyday ways) Smile Like put on pants (or trousers, rather).

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Now I’ve got a weird mix of Euphoria and O Fortuna stuck in my head!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top