• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Fifa World Cup 2018

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Yay, it’s only a week ahead!

I thought this event needs a thread of its own than the Football/Soccer thread.

If anyone interested than the small number of football fans here; SoccerDude, cyfoyjvx, Lucien21, Wilco, Nomadsoul, Timovieman, please ‘all’ show a bit your enthusiasm by changing your avatar to anything that is related to your country; and that could be a very nice touch of you. i think We discussed this before but the WC was still far ahead, maybe its time we all do it together.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice! I’ll change my avatar later.

Think the favorites for this year are Germany and Brazil. Germany still has the same strong group from last years and Brazil qualifying campaign was amazing. They’ve come a long way since the 7-1.
After those 2 I would say France and Spain.
A group of teams that might surprise I would include Belgium, Argentina, Portugal (ehehe) and England (?). Of course there’s always a couple of other teams that come from out of nowhere to reach the semis of something.

As for my team (Portugal) I hope we at least do better than the last couples of World Cups, Don’t think we’ll very well in the first game against Spain but a qualification against the other 2 is possible but hard since we don’t do very well against very defensive teams. Team seems a lot better than 4 years ago at least and don’t think Ronaldo is injured this time. Old defense is the major problem.

And go Egypt!

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

I think Nigeria will win.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Just about Kick off time.

Russia hasn’t won in 7 game and Saudia Arabia has never won a World Cup game, they are the two lowest ranking teams in the competition.

Watch out for a cracking game Meh

(Scotland didn’t qualify so I’m just bitter Crazy )

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

As Scotland didn’t qualify, I drew them in the office sweepstake and part of my family came from here…I’m supporting

or the usual Scottish fallback - “Anyone but England”

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’ve changed my avatar even though we’re not in it and I don’t know who to support yet (possibly Russia).

The Saudis play good football going forward (I wish Ireland would play like this) but they just don’t have the physicality to compete.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Nice easy win for the host nation.

4-0

oops make that 5-0

Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

4-nil netter than 8-nil.

opps too 5-0, wow!

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

wilco - 07 June 2018 04:42 PM

England (?)

Good God, no! And I’m not an ABE (anyone but England).

They have a thoroughly uninspiring manager who has made safe and uninspired choices to make up a squad with a paucity of talent outside two or three players.

They don’t have the quality to move things incisively through midfield, poor defence and never have the togetherness to fight for it anyway.

I hope I’m wrong as the more big sides that show up, the better the tournament will be.

Or maybe I’m just bitter that Southgate didn’t pick Shelvey or Lascelles. Wink

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the news about Tomorrow’s Match Uruguay - Egypt, confirms Salah won’t play. i hope Uruguay won’t break the record of today’s match.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Advie - 14 June 2018 01:20 PM

Salah won’t play

Ah that’s a real shame; I was looking forward to watching him, the highlight of that match.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Advie - 14 June 2018 01:20 PM

the news about Tomorrow’s Match Uruguay - Egypt, confirms Salah won’t play. i hope Uruguay won’t break the record of today’s match.

The last news I read had him 100% playing.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Didn’t see the opener but think it’s good when the host nation wins. The Saudi Arabia defense was lost, maybe nervous about first game.
Will try to catch Egypt-Uruguay tomorrow and will watch Portugal of course.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Wow Saudi got destroyed. Reminds me of 98 when they made of Klose the lifetime top scorer of the world cup. I’m hoping Egypt will win tomorrow *fingers crossed*

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Btw, what a mess with the whole Spain/Lopetegui/Real Madrid situation… They couldn’t have waited until after the World Cup?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top