• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrelwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG’s Rock Community

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Interestingly, for me anyway Smile , the above reminded me of an old mate from my teens in the sixties who played flute for the Exeter Cathedral Choir, obviously classical as opposed to rock (he also taught me quite a bit about hi-fi as well) so I thought I’d add something slightly different. :

And India has a very long history of flute music which should not be overlooked as there are very many brilliant Indian flautists around:

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

A few months ago, YouTube randomly introduced me to Lord of the Lost, which has become one of my favourite bands.

YouTube threw another band at me today:

Poets of the Fall - Carnival of Rust

The rest of their songs sound great too!

Finnish band, never heard of them before…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So my 4-year-old son had spent some time with his grandparents, which often means he spent part of the afternoon watching YouTube videos.

He came back home telling me about a song he heard that he really liked.

It turned out to be something I had never heard before. I agree with him that it’s a really good song. But seeing as how he’s FOUR, he might be shaping up to be even more of a metalhead than I am… Cool

I’m so proud of him…

Let’s not dwell too much on him probably liking the song because of the cowboys and guns in the video. Crazy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s quite a powerful song.  I was surprised to see that it’s not from a movie because it has a cinematic feel to it.  Yes, I can see how the cowboys would impress a 4-year-old.  For me, the tarantula close-up will probably give me nightmares. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2019-12-01

PM

black /death metal

N

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

GREAT NEWS, yeah, 2020!

Doug Aldrich is back..

Zachary (Savatage) is back.

And Robin McAuley of MSG with Winger/Whitesnake Guitarist (but not really a good single at all)

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’m wondering if anyone here has ever heard of the Earth Harp or, better yet, been to a concert where it’s been featured. It’s apparently been around for a few years but I didn’t know of its existence until today. If, like me, it’s totally new to you:

William Close & Earth Harp

and:

William Close & Earth Harp Collective

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Sadly I don’t really collect music, as most of it is digital in my collection but some stuff is hard to come by like Acid Bath or Locus.  I want to specify that I strongly prefer physical media, but I’ve had to make concessions, as I already am running out of space with just the game collection.

I love lots of stuff like Tool, in flames, muse, deftones, even stuff like george michael, Michael jackson, and classic snow patrol (final straw FTW)

Today I want to recommend Scared of Girls by the band Placebo.  Fantastic band that in my opinion does not get enough love.  And if you don’t want to listen to Scared of Girls, then I recommend Broken Promise by placebo!

Have fun and keep rockin!

EDIT:  I love the song Lux Aeterna, but I guess I don’t understand the Earth Harp thing.  Is it just a huge harp?  It has some cool sounds for sure.  I wish the video matched the audio so I could see what the physical actions look like as the sound is produced throughout.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Celebreon - 24 February 2020 05:44 PM

I love lots of stuff like Tool, in flames, muse, deftones, even stuff like george michael, Michael jackson, and classic snow patrol (final straw FTW)

Wow, never expected In Flames to be mentioned here. The Jester Race album is the sound of my teenage years.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Never expected.. Wait really?  I thought they were “mainstream.”  Maybe I think that because I saw them in concert with Lamb of God. One heluva show I think Sylosis was there, and then hellyeah dropped out at the last second.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Maybe they are mainstream now. I haven’t been into their last couple of albums but I’ve seen posters for them sharing the stage with pretty big bands.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

me cover

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Advie - 03 May 2020 02:39 PM

me cover

Great!  Thumbs Up

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Trumgottist - 03 May 2020 06:35 PM
Advie - 03 May 2020 02:39 PM

me cover

Great!  Thumbs Up

Thanks Bro!

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

Nice one. That’s you singing too?