• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The 7th Guest creator working on new adventure game

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Just read that Graeme Devine, the creator of The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour is working on a new adventure! I loved both games so I’m really looking forward to this: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119282-The-7th-Guest-Creator-Says-Games-Focus-on-Profit-Not-Fun

The Trilobyte co-founder (responsible for The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour) also claimed to be working on an adventure game to challenge the micro-transaction mindset and to move away from the staple genres of first-person shooters and RPGs. “I want to make an adventure game that crosses media ... that lives in books, comics, albums, as well as a ‘classic’ game,” he said, with a focus on the player being the hero, rather than the player controlling another character on the screen.

Seems like an interesting project!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 27 August 2012 02:35 PM

The Trilobyte co-founder (responsible for The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour) also claimed to be working on an adventure game to challenge the micro-transaction mindset

Confused *scratches head*

This is good news. Loved both games, especially deliciously infuriating puzzles Crazy

It is interesting what he said about the player being the hero - I’d like to know more about what he means by that.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 27 August 2012 03:00 PM

It is interesting what he said about the player being the hero - I’d like to know more about what he means by that.

Sounds like first-person to me.

If it’s even remotely like The 7th Guest or The 11th Hour, then I’ll probably like it. Despite those games having little or no story, I loves me a good puzzle… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-08-28

PM

I just downloaded the 7th guest for Scummvm, along with several others, it’s the next one i’m going to play once I complete day of the tentacle!

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Graeme devine has recently been interviewed by Matt Chat on youtube. Part 1 is now available, and discusses his early work. Later parts will discuss the 7th guest and the 11th hour, and hopefully his new plans for an adventure game.

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top