• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Games

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-10-14

PM

DaveGilbert - 06 August 2018 02:40 PM
right_on_time - 02 August 2018 04:13 PM

This game looks amazing… I love Wadget Eye games Heart  Heart  Heart

What is this “Wadget” of which you speak?

Wadget Eye Games is the vastly inferior game develeper to Wadjet Eye Games (who I love considerably more than I love Wadget Eye Games)

Awkward (.... and sorry!)  Confused

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

Common mistake. Grin

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Juat a few more hours now. I can’t wait.

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

It will be available around 9:30am EST, so… 17 hours from now.

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Hi Dave, I’ve been meaning to ask you this, so don’t mind me taking advantage of your nice appearance at the thread, please; How is that WadjetEye adventures had never been needing patches or what so ever like most if not all games at this era… is there a secret while developing them or is for having them tested very well before publishing?

thank you in advantage

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

We’ve definitely released patches in the past (we updated Gemini Rue last year). The issue is that we use the AGS engine, and one big problem there is that unless you are super careful you can easily break save files. So we are usually OK with leaving trivial bugs in the game because it’s not worth breaking saves over.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DaveGilbert - 08 August 2018 05:56 AM

We’ve definitely released patches in the past (we updated Gemini Rue last year). The issue is that we use the AGS engine, and one big problem there is that unless you are super careful you can easily break save files. So we are usually OK with leaving trivial bugs in the game because it’s not worth breaking saves over.

Ahh, it seems I missed those updates, thanks again.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Available on gog

https://www.gog.com/game/unavowed

And Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/336140/Unavowed/

5 stars if anyone missed the review

https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/35682

Hopefully jumping on it tonight, maybe i can get back on the adventure game wagon

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I’m downloading it right now, though I won’t get to play until later. It’s much cheaper than I thought, which is nice, but I’m a bit worried you might be selling your game under value, Dave.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

I’m also a bit surprised by the price, but I’m not complaining Laughing

By the way, John Walker seems to like the game:

Unavowed is unquestionably one of the most impressive point and click adventures made in many, many years.

Total Posts: 1642

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

just downloaded it and about to play a little. Im going to update as I go

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-11-04

PM

Jdawg445 - 08 August 2018 12:09 PM

just downloaded it and about to play a little. Im going to update as I go

It’s wonderful!! Have fun with it!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

kabouter - 08 August 2018 11:02 AM

By the way, John Walker seems to like the game:

Unavowed is unquestionably one of the most impressive point and click adventures made in many, many years.

Total Posts: 1642

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Im at the 2nd or third chapter not sure how it counts it, did the prologue, the start mission, and the next mission. so far so good, interesting premise, like the voice acting for the most part, graphics are gorgeous. Im not a fan of silent protagonist but I get why it was done. I chose to be a sarcastic bartender and would have loved to hear some of my lines voiced. Gameplay is solid but I wish there were more puzzles, the two or three that are there have been very easy. (I hope the puzzles do get harder).

I do have some glitches to report, the mouse courser sometimes skips around and every time a character moves on screen I can see a slight tear line next to the character opposite direction of which he or she moved.

overall a nice little adventure so far, im not in love with it like I was with technobabylon from the get go, but it has my interest to keep playing..

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Congrats Dave and Wadjet Eye!! Stunning 5/5 star review here!
I`m going to buy and play this right after wonderful Kingdom Come Deliverance. Now you only need to launch a kickstarter project for making a big box edition (both The Blackwell and Unavowed Smile )  like Cyan did a while ago Wink

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top