• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cellar Door Purgatory

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-09

PM

Hello everyone,

Progressive Games, a new gaming company located in Denmark, recently discovered http://www.adventuregamers.com/ and wish to introduce you guys to our way of creating entertainment. We write to you with the intention of showing our upcoming project, which will be a very different and revolutionary type of product. We are currently in the middle of developing a gaming app “Cellar Door - Purgatory”. The app is a follow-up on our beta game, Cellar Door (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592223), a point & click, escape the room game that generated a wide interest on gaming portals.

The uniqueness of the game is that it is based on photo realistic pictures with integrated movie sequences and thus distinguishes itself from the traditional approach of building games solely through animations. Cellar Door - Purgatory is a point & click/hidden object game and the genre is horror/adventure, which is shaped through the creepy ambience and sinister atmosphere, present throughout the game. We are also proud to introduce a Digital Life Experience (DLE) element, to enhance the real life experience of playing our products. Through these DLE elements, we sought to diminish the boundaries between the virtual life and the real world. For more details about DLE, feel free to ask or check out our site for more information.

In the game, the player is drawn through a Cellar Door, into a life forsaken forest, where you will be confronted with vengeful spirits that seeks help to escape the purgatory in which they are held captive. The mission of the game is to find remedies, which enables you to complete the journey of freeing the spirits. Throughout the game, you will experience jump scares and fully spoken audio diaries, as a part of a comprehensive horror experience.

We are looking forward to showing you the beginning of our horrific visions. Check out the screenshot and the small teaser, and feel free to leave a comment.

Kindly,

Progressive Games

Image Attachments

Untitled-1.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

// Progressive Games

Life is a game.

Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Thanks for sharing. That is a nice looking teaser you have there.

I played the original Cellar Door. I generally liked the look and the atmosphere was spot on. However, I found navigation immensely confusing and there didn’t seem to be any story in what I played. Sounds like the story part is going to be more than covered in the new game but what about getting around? I know I’m not the only one to have trouble with this.

Incidentally, I’ve also played a bit of your Secretary game, but for some reason, the game interface frame didn’t match up properly. (the photo backgrounds took up the full play area while the frame was about two-thirds size fixed in the top-left corner). I’ve just tried to play it again and I can’t even get it to load up now (it just stops showing “Loading game”). Any thoughts? I’m using Firefox 13.0.1 From what I saw this definitely looked interesting.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Still unsure what you mean by the ‘Digital Life Experience’. Care to explain?

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-09

PM

@

stepurhan - 14 August 2012 02:30 PM

Reply:

We are glad that you liked our atmosphere, which was what we had our focus on in both Cellar Door and Secretary Game.

As both being betas we were aware of the many things to improve and our mission in both games were to see how our way of creating the game environment were to be perceived by our users.

All comments on the improvements will of course be taken into consideration at our future products and especially the controls and game plot has been in focus in the creating of Cellar Door Purgatory.

We have looked at the Newgrounds version and there seemed to have been a technical issue which has now been resolved and the game should be playable again. Thank you for noticing us and please bare in mind that the game is a beta Wink

####  ####  ####  ####

@

Monolith - 17 August 2012 02:17 AM

Reply:

Our Digital Life Experience concept is the way of thinking games into the everyday life and making the games last even after you have turned of your computer or closed down the app. The way we want to do this is by implementing more sources of entertainment to our games - making the phone, computer, social media and accessories work together.

An example of a DLE element could be seen in Cellar Door, where, for a limited period of time, you had the option to enter your phone number in the in-game phone book. This would result in the possibility of receiving a scary call some random period of time after the game had ended; bringing the user back to the atmosphere of the game, even if the call would be received in the supermarket, the train or in the middle of the night.

In short, we want to turn every possible aspect of your life into a never ending game.

It will take time and loads of adaption, but slowly, you will not be able to resist the depths of DLE Gasp.

All DLE elements extending the boundaries of normal games will be optional and possible to opt-out of.

This is just a single step in the extensive ladder of DLE elements, but we hope this narrowed down your questions regarding our DLE concept.

####  ####  ####  ####

// Progressive Games

Life is a game.

Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

ProgressiveGames - 21 August 2012 09:50 AM

Our Digital Life Experience concept is the way of thinking games into the everyday life and making the games last even after you have turned of you computer or closed down the app. The way we want to do this is by implementing more sources of entertainment to our games - making the phone, computer, social media and accessories work together.

An example of a DLE element could be seen in Cellar Door, where, for a limited period of time, you had the option to enter your phone number in the in-game phone book. This would result in the possibility of receiving a scary call some random period of time after the game had ended; bringing the user back to the atmosphere of the game, even if the call would be received in the supermarket, the train or in the middle of the night.

In short, we want to turn every possible aspect of your life into a never ending game.

Wow. Impressive, and scary. Have you seen the movie eXistenZ by any chance?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top