• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Reader’s Hype-o-Meter

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 26 August 2013 02:08 PM

Damn Tim, you sure do love Ace Attorney Tongue

That’s a VERY good remark!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

TW3 Wild Hunt
The Wolf Among Us
Murdered: Soul Suspect
BEYOND: Two Souls
Samorost 3
The Dark Eye: Memoria
1954: Alcatraz
Stasis
Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
Moebius

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

TimovieMan - 26 August 2013 12:53 PM

8. Ace Attorney: Investigations 2

Has there been any more news of Investigations 2 getting localised? Last I heard was that sales of AA5 could make it more of a possibility but Capcom kinda have a history of saying stuff like that and not delivering.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karmillo - 26 August 2013 04:06 PM

Has there been any more news of Investigations 2 getting localised? Last I heard was that sales of AA5 could make it more of a possibility but Capcom kinda have a history of saying stuff like that and not delivering.

Nothing new that I know of. It just isn’t a high priority for Capcom, which frankly sucks monkey balls. I still believe that the relative low cost of a translation as well as the series’ popularity in the West should be like printing money for them, but apparently they don’t care… Meh
Still hopeful, though…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

TimovieMan - 26 August 2013 04:25 PM

Nothing new that I know of. It just isn’t a high priority for Capcom, which frankly sucks monkey balls. I still believe that the relative low cost of a translation as well as the series’ popularity in the West should be like printing money for them, but apparently they don’t care… Meh
Still hopeful, though…

Well there’s always the chance of them delivering on their “promise” to localize if Aa5 does well, it would most likely be an eshop download on the 3ds so yeah with no print costs it would be a bit of a cash cow.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ozzie - 26 August 2013 02:36 PM

Cradle

chapeau Ozzie for this choice ..
The trailers and the game sound track can get anyone (who has good taste) just good,
the trailers are my dedication for you Ozzie and your taste .

you have to know one thing Smile

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Oh, I know a lot of things, but I’m not telling! Tongue

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Frogacuda - 04 April 2013 09:11 AM

1. Tex Murphy Project Fedora
2. Broken Age
3. Untitled Neverhood Successor
4. Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded
5. SpaceVenture
6. Ace Attorney 5
7. Dreamfall: Chapters
8. The Witness
9. Broken Sword 5
10. Moebius

Man, I don’t even know the last time I could honestly name 10 upcoming adventures I was actually excited for.

I was just thinking about how much my list has changed since this post. Some games are already out, and others have shown some real progress or lack thereof. I think my list as it stands today is:

1. Tesla Effect: This looks to be delivering on its lofty ambitions. My excitement has only grown.
2. Broken Age: Despite its struggles, this is looking very charming, and I’m really excited to play it.
3. Armikrog: Still waiting to see a little more progress on the project before I let this get any higher on my list, but I’m very, very excited.
4. Dreamfall Chapters: I wasn’t a huge fan of this series, but I’m really impressed by what we’ve seen from this, and how it seems like a real adventure game without being mired in dated conventions.
5. Obduction:Still very early on, but I’m eager to see what Cyan can do with a new IP.
6. Broken Sword 5: After playing an hour of the first part, I’m pretty jazzed for the whole game.
7. Moebius: Still not really the sort of story I’m drawn to, but it’s shaped up very well.
8. Whore of the Orient: Assuming this continues the traditions of LA Noire, I’m into it. The setting is fantastic.
9. Tales from the Borderlands: Not what I expected from Telltale, but I can dig it.
10. SpaceVenture: Barely holding on by a thread. I want so much for this to be good, but my confidence is not what it once was.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

1. Tesla Effect
2. Dreamfall Chapters
3. Obduction
4. Armikrog
5. Samorost 3 or any new Amanita game
6. Ithaka of the Clouds
7. The Last Crown
8. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
9. Broken Age
10. Xing (with Oculus Rift Cool)
11. Asylum
12. Murdered Soul Suspect
13. Kentucky Route Zero part 3-5
14. Contradiction
15. St. Christopher’s School Lockdown

and many other KS/Indiegogo projects

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

My list has changed a bit, mainly the upcoming games have made their way to he top. Only one non KS game on my list, that’s Syberia 3. And SpaceVenture… well, I’m rooting for you buddy.

1. Tesla Effect: Everything about it looks so yummy.
2. Broken Age: Best looking adventure game I’ve seen in ages. And I hope the game delivers with other content as well.
3. Broken Sword 5: I liked the first part. All in all a solid game.
4. Dreamfall: Chapters: A conclusion I’ve been waiting for far too long.
5. Shadowgate: Sounds and looks great. I have high hopes for this one.
6. Stasis: ditto with Shadowgate.
7. Mage’s Initiation: What I saw in the demo I liked. There’s a huge amount of promise here.
8. Moebius: I’m having my hopes up for a good story
9. Syberia 3: A sequal that’s not really needed, but then again, it’s Sokal.
10. SpaceVenture: I am hoping for the best, but fearing the worst.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

1. The Last Crown: Haunting of Hallowed Isle + Blackenrock
2. Asylum
3. Stasis
4. Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
5. Decoherence
6. XING: The Land Beyond
7. Obduction
8. Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw (still patiently waiting)
9. Coma: A Mind Adventure
10. Prominence
11. Quadrilateral Cowboy
12. Tengami

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SpaceVenture
Good-Bye Depoina
Memoria
Quest for Infamy
STASIS
Dreamfall Chapters
Armikrog
Lilly Looking Through
Moebius
Broken Sword 5

between now and then only three and a half games came out and they turned good without any disappointment I wanna mention.

1.Dreamfall Chapters: (I just replayed Dreamfall and looking for instance explanations for much.)
2.STASIS:After playing Alpha demo I am satisfied of the Ridley Scott feeling to the game .
3.1954: Alcatraz: Rumors says that the game pushed not to early 2014 but to the late that year and gonna b the best (point n’ this)adventure released in the past years, I am certainly getting hyped here.
4.SpaceVenture: “come on don’t get bored with the slow production” speaking to myself.
5.Quest for Infamy:I loved what IA (before it turns to IQ) did with SQ2 remake certainly this the best Sierra remake I ever played, keeping my fingers crossed for QfI
6.Gabriel Knight Remake:seriously is it me! but why I do not care about Moebius after this remake announcement .
7.Broken Age: ok say after me “this game will be great’ three times speaking myself again.
8.Armikrog:lets have some cool Claymation .
9.Obduction:maybe if Cyan had released Myst for F^%$ port they would have gone over that kickstarter ,but as we have it now lets bring the old days back again to this era.
10.Silence: The Whispered World 2:hush hush!.. Daedalic made the wisest of the choices for a sequel.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

1 Tesla Effect
2 Dreamfall Chapters
3 Last Crown
4 Obduction
5 Mage’s Initiation
6 Asylum

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Dreamfall Chapters
Armikrog
Obduction
The Last Crown
Broken Age

In no particular order

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

1. Dreamfall chapters
The Longest Journey is my all time favourite game, and I have been waiting for the second half of Dreamfall for a very long time.

2. Tesla Effect
A recent replay of The Pandora Directive has reminded of how great a game it was, and how great a series the Tex games is, also everything I have seen from the game so far, is sending all the right signals.

3. Syberya III
I don’t really believe a sequel is needed and I would much prefer to see something completely new from Sokal, but I am a fan.

4. Silence: The Whispered World II
As soon as it was announced it went straight onto my can’t wait list.

5. Moebius
6. Broken Age

Because it is Jane Jensen and Tim Schafer

7. The Last Crown and The First Crown
It is getting really hard to keep my enthusiasm with the constant delays, but I’m still looking forward to them, and crossing my fingers that they will be finished someday. 

8. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
Very curious to see what it will be like.

9. Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet
Sounds like it will really be something I will like.

10. The Ballads of Reemus 2
I loved the first one

11. Stasis
There isn’t enough 2D Isometric SciFi Horror Adventure Game in the world.
Well there simply isn’t enough SciFi adventure games, the “2D Isometric Horror” part is optional as far as I’m concerned.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top