• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Reader’s Hype-o-Meter

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Blackthorne - 25 August 2013 07:26 PM

Yeah, the game’s author, Daniel Thomas, did some backgrounds on QFI, and he’s a very talented guy and I’m very much looking forward to his game!

Bt

Wow, nice! I’m very much looking forward to your game aswell Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

why i do not include Tex and DF’s Broken Age in my list (as if anyone cares to know)
i never played a Tex adventure .. that for the 1st
for the 2nd i lost all hope in Tim (i might be wrong) giving a game all that praise by adventure gamers with their high hopes started to be so silly beside it staying on top of all awaited titles on the This Site and MANY others for more than a year now .. WHAT!! .. a year, why? .. even if i had small hope in Tim who had started ALL those kickstarter campaigns and helped lot of Great designers and developers to get back to the Scene again .. i think he already gotten payed good for that , and no one can deny it .. and does he need to be credited for this 1st attempt (maybe mentioned at most deserved) , ..he never did it for the scene he did for his company and his Game ;he gotten what he wanted and what he deserves .. good.

Do i sound like I hate Tim Schafer .. maybe, i am not a backer so i never get news about what is going on with the project but, he and DF (imo) are not doing good enough to show and inform people that are Highly Hyped what .. i think its a very disrespectful all the same (and even the DF page doesn’t give much (enough) about what is going on) .. at last i think i do not hate Tim Schafer but i hate his Mysterious way of working, that project had gone far to be just/only for the backers; there are more Hyped gamers for it than the People who already backed in the 1st place (which is kinda sad) .. as i am afraid of great disappointment that they may give us at the end , .. Great Hype always ends up with a Great Disappointment !

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I have no idea what you are on Advie… or are you saying you are upset because you haven’t gained information about Broke Age despite you aren’t even entitled to get that said information, being that you aren’t a backer?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am on a Quest .. thanks for asking.

and i am not upset i am expressing my sadness toward lots of Gamers who will end up disappointed with Broken Age more than i was disappointment with LSL1: Reloaded.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

If there’s any Kickstarter project that’s been open about their development, it’s DoubleFine’s. Saying that they’re bad at providing information, and at the same time admitting you don’t have access to the backers portal (where all the information and videos about the progress is posted and discussed), doesn’t seem like a very well thought out accusation Wink

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah he would sound salty but one thing Tim atleast should have done by now is
world debut trailer, proper one like BS5.

B. Fargo demoed Wasteland2, same for Shadowrun. Hiding sounds like there is
something to hide or something is still in works.

I would not be surpirsed it they fail Jan release . Pan

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 26 August 2013 09:29 AM

I would not be surpirsed it they fail Jan release . Pan

well, thats a start..

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

aside from getting late (which is something I care little about) i’m very much enjoying what I see in the backers’ portal of Broken Age. It stays on the top of the hypo-meter because there are many people who are anticipating it, not because some people has different personal taste. Saying you don’t like Tim is one thing and there’s nothing wrong in it, but saying all his fans will get disappointed… well that’s wrong. I personally would never say any opinion on a subject I know nothing about. So, no need for sadness towards me and the other people, Advie. Leave that for the time when the game comes out Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I will badlemon .. thanks for the advice as well Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mine hasn’t really changed much:

1. STASIS
2. Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
3. Dreamfall: Chapters
4. Zero Escape 3
5. The St. Christopher School Lockdown
6. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
7. Moebius
8. Ace Attorney: Investigations 2
9. Asylum
10. Lilly Looking Through

The first 6 are the most important, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Cant wait for Broken Sword and Mobieus.

+ Tesla Effect - any news on a release date for that?

JB

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Damn Tim, you sure do love Ace Attorney Tongue

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

1.  The Inner World
2.  Broken Age
3.  Gorogoa
4.  Dreamfall Chapters
5.  Tesla Effect
6.  AVS: Year one
7.  Anna’s Quest Vol 2
8.  Xing
9.  Asylum
10. The Walking Dead: Season 2

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-08-22

PM

Cant think of many

1.Broken age
2. Wolf among us
3.Walking dead season 2

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Somewhat sorted by interest at the time of writing:

Broken Age
The Witness
Blackwell Epiphany

The Raven (Episode 2 & 3)
Moebius
Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect
Hate Plus
The Wolf Among Us
The Dark Eye: Memoria
Cradle

I’m also somewhat looking forward to Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, though I have no interest in actually playing it. I’m a wuss, after all.
I feel like I forgot something. Maybe I’ll remember later.

Edit: I remembered. It’s in italics.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top