• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 23 July 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It’s been several years now since Telltale gave up on Bone. Do you wish they hadn’t? Do you think they did justice to the comics?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I have a great collection of comics and graphic novels and I admit that Jeff Smith’s Bone is one of the best I have ever read. Strangely enough, I have not played the adventure game yet. I have heard that only the two first parts (Away From Boneville and The Great Cow Race) out of nine were published. If that’s true, it is really a shame…It is a world full of potential….

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I wish they had continued with it. They are totally underrated.

I do think that the story in the comics would have been more and more difficult to adapt going forward and maybe they realised they ahd bitten off more than they could at the time.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m not sure, but they’ve might just hit the deal with Purcell at a time and opted to go with Sam & Max, as they were still not big enough for two separate projects.

I’ve never played Bone but I’m finding it interesting and I’ll probably give it a try. (at least, I know I’ll find some puzzles in there /sarcasm off Grin)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

The Bone games probably just didn’t sell very well.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

If it’s a choice between Bone and The Walking Dead, I’m with Bone 100%. Even better would be more Wallace and Gromit which I believe is the best Telltale series. But it’s useless to argue - violence and death sells.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Oscar - 23 July 2012 04:07 PM

If it’s a choice between Bone and The Walking Dead, I’m with Bone 100%. Even better would be more Wallace and Gromit which I believe is the best Telltale series. But it’s useless to argue - violence and death sells.

I totally agree with you on that (Except I like Tales of Monkey the best, then Wallace and Gromit)

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I guess I’m one of the few who doesn’t like their games at all.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I played Bone: Out from Boneville and really liked the characters, especially the dragon.  I never got to play The Great Cow Race because they ran out of steam before porting it to the Mac.  That reminds me.  I do have Smith’s graphic novel, which I started to read, put down for some reason, and never got back to finish it.  I’m going to bump it up in my reading queue because I was really enjoying it before I got distracted.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top