• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 5 July 2012

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Pumba!Ramba - 05 July 2012 08:48 PM

I also like Kuru’s more critical impressions.

Only fawning over things like Advie seems to want is DULL.

it makes me more sad to see my wanting to praise things as Fawning,

but i thought of 2 things,
when suggesting a scene its better be positive about it,and you can not criticize a game you haven’t played .

as the same for the site reviews and the rating’s review we can disagree with but it was rude how i stated that here,
  i am a big supporter of Kuru’s Enthusiastic posts,
and i am snot trying to sound innocent, i just wish you guys can make it easy for Kuru to accept my apology not the otherwise, i am sure of how much Kuru knows that i appreciate his efforts .. and not through his posts only but PMing him about it more than once.

Peace.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

And I’m back from work…

So. That was today… I guess all the melodrama was unnecessary. These forums have a fairly long tradition of discouraging negativity, which is a good thing, but it also means that you’ll always get a couple of people ready to rip your guts out whenever you say anything negative about some old game, thinking that you’re pissing on their childhood or something. Well I guess this morning I snapped. C’est la vie. Let’s move on.

Anyway, I’ve restored my original post, which I think actually raised some very interesting questions, which I really would like to discuss. If a Larry 2 remake gets made, what should get changed? How much should the gameplay be updated? Should it still be Larry in 1990, at the risk of making the game world almost as outdated to modern sensibilities as the protagonist (thus defeating the central joke of the series), or should he be brought to the 2010s (but then what happens to the KGB agents???)?

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Kurufinwe - 05 July 2012 10:28 PM

If a Larry 2 remake gets made, what should get changed? How much should the gameplay be updated? Should it still be Larry in 1990, at the risk of making the game world almost as outdated to modern sensibilities as the protagonist (thus defeating the central joke of the series), or should he be brought to the 2010s (but then what happens to the KGB agents???)?

The thing with Larry 2 is that some of the deaths and unwinnable states are more memorable than the rest of the game. Things like the spinach dip, the Freddy Kruger parody with the saxophone reeds and Big Mama are all entertaining parts of the game so I would encourage Lowe and team to keep the deaths and just have an Oops button so they don’t have to back track too much.

Another big part of the game is making sure you have all the right items before you get onto the life boat. You could eliminate the timer here and make Larry unable to get on board the ship without acquiring the right items. However, that’s not very good design so they’ll have to rework some puzzles. It’s going to be tricky to say the least.

Honestly, they should just skip all this and make a Larry 8.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

KGB can be easily changed to FSB, it’s the same organisation today. But little can be done to the actual game, since it’s too linear, fast-paced and don’t rely on jokes and sex. They should either switch to Larry 8 or let him rest in peace.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top