• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckychrissiefurgottenJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Come fly with me!

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Enjoyable quiz Karlok and congrats.
I’m actually rather pleased with myself. I know I only got 4 right but, of the 45 games on show, I’d only played 5. The one I’d missed was the helicopter from A New Beginning (which was blindingly obvious once I’d seen the answer).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5814

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 03 July 2014 12:54 PM

ahh you got me. 
no obsession its just always fun to make fun of the wanna-be-boss Tongue

Advie, that comment is mean & a misdiagnosis! Don’t tar everyone with the same brush you use on yourself - I love you really sometimes but not this time.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zobraks is just like-a-boss whether I say differently ,he is so cool that I sometime wonder what really could irritate him.
but Stupid me! anyways.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

My thought Advie is that you shouldn’t refer to other members as you do unless it’s in a positive light within context of a thread or in ‘banter’ with them otherwise you should learn to **ut t** *u** u* i.e. not talk about other people behind their backs!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

fuuu, what are you talking about, come on! hold your horses there woman.

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

You all know who I am. For a variety of reasons I’ve been wanting to change my username for years and from an adventure game perspective I ended my use of that pseudonym in the coolest way imaginable. It was, however, very difficult not replying to some of your nice comments after my last post and I almost caved and responded several times but the gag required that him who is not to be named disappear forever while you were all looking for that three-headed monkey.

My participation in this quiz was actually an attempt to clue you in as to who I was without actually announcing it. Karlok pretty much figured it out when I submitted my guesses. Apparently there aren’t too many people who can nail 40 out of 45 screenshots in a single day. Tongue And it would have been 41 had I been around to see that final hint for #17. I’m rather sad about that actually as I just missed getting an A on the quiz which really hurts my GPA. I’ll never get into an Ivy League adventure game college now.

So make a mental note of my name change, update your ignore list or whatever. I’m back after a much needed vacation and you can bet I will make some quizzes for you.

Anyway, as far as #17, there are two versions of Adam’s Venture Ep. 1. The original was released in 2009 and then there was an enhanced version released in 2012. The screenshots Karlok chose can only be found in the 2012 version.

Anyway, thanks for the quiz and I apologize for this slight sidetracking of the thread which has already been sidetracked, but since nobody came out and publicly guessed who I was and I have no interest in any secrecy about it, I wanted to set the record straight sooner rather than later. Now go to my vampire thread and tell me what games are missing from my list. Smile

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Advie - 03 July 2014 03:19 PM

Zobraks is just like-a-boss whether I say differently ,he is so cool that I sometime wonder what really could irritate him.

Thank you, thank you, thank you… Sometimes it’s easy to irritate me, sometimes it’s quite difficult.
I’m in a good mood right now.

Karlok - 03 July 2014 12:49 PM

He’s watching tennis or football or soccer or the Tour de France or something.

You won’t believe it, but atm I’m enjoying Australian Open too. And a couple of great books (#one nad #two).

And there was a great documentary about The Doors on TV a minute ago.

Stay tuned for the rest of my blog.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

D - 03 July 2014 05:24 PM

You all know who I am.

I knew Advie made a second account!

zobraks - 03 July 2014 05:26 PM

And there was a great documentary about Doors on TV a minute ago.

Pfff… who needs documentaries when you got the real thing. Sarcastic

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 03 July 2014 03:19 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you… Sometimes it’s easy to irritate me, sometimes it’s quite difficult.
I’m in a good mood right now.

Yeah? Let’s put this to the test. I dig up any old post that I know irritated you, and repost it. If that doesn’t work, I sign it “Adventurererere1”.* 

And there was a great documentary about The Doors on TV a minute ago.

I watched that one too. But not a minute ago. I love The Doors, couldn’t hear enough of Jim Morrison when I was his age.  Cool

* Chrissie, I’m discussing Advie behind his back in public!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

My participation in this quiz was actually an attempt to clue you in as to who I was without actually announcing it. Karlok pretty much figured it out when I submitted my guesses. Apparently there aren’t too many people who can nail 40 out of 45 screenshots in a single day. Tongue

Welcome back D! I told Karlok it couldn’t be you as you would have got all 45! but your Vampire thread should have been a big clue! Congratulations on winning the quiz & I look forward to participating in one of yours!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s as easy as beating Djokovic. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Let me guess… Djokovic is a very bad tennisplayer.
No, I’m not going to gooooogle it.  Tongue

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 04 July 2014 06:53 AM

It’s as easy as beating Djokovic . Cool

Stupid bastard just wrecked my nerves!
God bless him.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

chrissie - 04 July 2014 05:41 AM

Welcome back D! I told Karlok it couldn’t be you as you would have got all 45!

Nobody’s that good. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone get them all in a large quiz like this. I don’t really follow every quiz though, so maybe I’ve missed one where it happened. Quiz Masters are generally too cruel to make things that easy. Tongue

In addition, the massive number of games that come out now because of the low barrier to entry due to digital publishing make it impossible for anyone to keep up with everything. There’s just too much. I almost feel bad about being negative about what should actually be a positive but it is what it is.

Anyway, I’m actually going to try and make my recognition/trivia quizzes a bit easier than I have in the past. There’s nothing wrong with a couple people getting all the answers correct and it seems somehow unfair to have most of the people in a quiz get so few correct for the sake of challenging a few obsessive compulsive extremists (like me). Finding the right balance can be difficult though and I’ll probably fail at it, but I’m going to give it a try.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

DarkEye - 02 July 2014 07:12 PM

I wonder if we’ll gonna hear any word from this mysterious phantom D?

You all know who I am. For a variety of reasons I’ve been wanting to change my username for years and from an adventure game perspective I ended my use of that pseudonym in the coolest way imaginable. It was, however, very difficult not replying to some of your nice comments after my last post and I almost caved and responded several times but the gag required that him who is not to be named disappear forever while you were all looking for that three-headed monkey.

My participation in this quiz was actually an attempt to clue you in as to who I was without actually announcing it. Karlok pretty much figured it out when I submitted my guesses. Apparently there aren’t too many people who can nail 40 out of 45 screenshots in a single day. Tongue And it would have been 41 had I been around to see that final hint for #17. I’m rather sad about that actually as I just missed getting an A on the quiz which really hurts my GPA. I’ll never get into an Ivy League adventure game college now.

So make a mental note of my name change, update your ignore list or whatever. I’m back after a much needed vacation and you can bet I will make some quizzes for you.

Anyway, as far as #17, there are two versions of Adam’s Venture Ep. 1. The original was released in 2009 and then there was an enhanced version released in 2012. The screenshots Karlok chose can only be found in the 2012 version.

Anyway, thanks for the quiz and I apologize for this slight sidetracking of the thread which has already been sidetracked, but since nobody came out and publicly guessed who I was and I have no interest in any secrecy about it, I wanted to set the record straight sooner rather than later. Now go to my vampire thread and tell me what games are missing from my list. Smile

I was wrong, apparently ....I asked for a single word, but you submitted your whole biography in here. Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top