• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What’s on the horizon?

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2007-07-06

PM

It just seems like there aren’t many new upcoming adventure games which is sad. I want to see more interesting and classic inventory based adventures like The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Secret Files, Syberia, All of the Kheops stories. Where is Dream Catcher, Deep Silver, Kheops and the rest? We need more high quality adventure exploration games. I want to see less violence and more adventure. There just doesn’t seem too much besides Nancy Drew once in a while. Bring the classics back!  Heart  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

would you Count Deck13’s Haunted as an interesting Adventure game on the horizon, because it is for me, i like ALL Deck13’s Games so far! though i didn’t play Black sail which had been released in German for 2 years now

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

One thing we have on the horizon are all the kickstarter adventure games that were successfully funded recently, which is very cool.

New Tex Murphy game, SpaceVenture, Moebius, Leisure Suit Larry remake, the DoubleFine adventure game, some groovy stuff happening.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

There’s a new Secret Files game coming.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Very sad. There’s really not much on the horizon for those who like high quality adventures. Nancy Drew doesn’t count.

There are only a few not mentioned yet I’ve got my eye on:

Jack Keane 2
Relics 2
Testament of Sherlock Holmes
AGON 5
RHEM 5
Carol Reed (end of ‘12 hopefully)

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Huh, how perceptions vary…
From my standpoint the future of the adventure genre looks brighter than it has in a long, long time! Even if you’re solely interested in the traditional kind of games then the genre is still looking rosy thanks to Kickstarter!
If you want to find out what’s cooking up next, then the Hype-O-Meter on the front page is always worth a look. There’s also a whole thread solely dedicated to Reader’s Hype-O-Meters.

Now, I’m not particularly interested in first person, puzzle focused adventure games, the offsprings of Cyan and Cryo, therefore I’m not keeping much an eye on them, but how about Anna and The Witness?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

ozzie - 02 July 2012 12:41 AM

Huh, how perceptions vary…

Now, I’m not particularly interested in first person, puzzle focused adventure games, so I’m not keeping much an eye on them, but how about Anna and The Witness?

That’s why our perceptions vary Smile

I haven’t heard of those two, I’ll take a look. Thanks!

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

This thread might have been more appropriate last year but now you’re just not appreciating what’s out there.

Look at the hypemeter on the front page of this website. There’s more than enough on the horizon to get excited about especially when it comes to ‘classic inventory based adventures’. Resonance just came out a few days ago, go play that.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Or Deponia. Or Botanicula. Or The Walking Dead.

Granted, the last two are less traditional ones, but maybe it would help to not set the sights so narrow. Yet even if you keep your taste so specific, then I think you’ll appreciate what’s coming up. Daedalic alone has two more games announced for this year, Deponia 2 and Alcatraz 1954, though international releases are, of course, still vague. So…you just have to look around, you’ll sure find something to your liking. Smile

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Revolution should (hopefully) be announcing their new game this month, which is rumored to be Broken Sword 5! And there’s Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and Asylum, too! Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m confused.
There haven’t been this many interesting adventure games on the horizon since the 90s, and we just had two big releases last week.

OP, you’ve apparently been a member here for six years. Have you been following the site or the forums *at all* these last few months???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Secret Files 3 and Memento Mori 2 are two others on the horizon that are relevant to my interests. Grin

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I really want Secret Files 3 and Memento Mori 2 - must buys for me.

Thumbs Up

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

I was going to mention The Last/First Crown, Bracken Tor and Wytchwood Hollow but then I realised these games were less ‘on the horizon’ and more ‘over the rainbow’...

Frown

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I have the following list of adventure games I want to buy at the moment:
- Bracken Tor
- The Last Crown
- The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
- Resonance (US$ 9,99)
- One of those books that are turned into AGs
- The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav

Most of them aren’t even out yet. I’ll have to add Secret Files 3 to the list. The new Carol Reed game is a no-brainer for me: I have all of them and I want to stay complete so I’ll buy every MDNA game that gets released.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I’m pretty much with tsa. Add Deponia to the mix as well.

Then there are J.U.L.I.A. and Yesterday, which already came out but I haven’t yet played.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top