• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 16 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For the past 3 weeks, I’ve only been posting scenes from games I’ve played. This week, I’m going through some games I haven’t played, selecting scenes based on nothing more their looking interesting. Let me know if they actually are important in the game — and if I should beat myself up for not having played those games yet!

I’ve never played Dark Fall, or anything by Jonathan Boakes, and since I’m not into horror (call me weird, but the pleasure there is in destroying your sleep has always eluded me) I probably won’t anytime soon. But feel free to discuss it!

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I am a great fan of Jonathan Boakes games, especially the Darkfall series (I believe that the first was the best).

Kurufinwe, you should try the Lost Crown since it is not really that scary…

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Sefir - 16 June 2012 01:10 PM

I am a great fan of Jonathan Boakes games, especially the Darkfall series (I believe that the first was the best).

I think there are definitely some scary moments in The Lost Crown! But I guess the difference is that in Darkfall you’re kind of supposed to be scared the whole time.

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Sefir - 16 June 2012 01:10 PM

I’m a big fan of Jonathan Boakes as well. It’s funny how I love scary games but not scary movies.
I agree with Sefir: do try TLC, not much scary about it.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I’ve yet to play the Dark Fall games… I have the first two downloaded from GOG, which were dirt cheap, but I haven’t got around to them yet.

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

I’m slowly playing through Lights Out right now, was a bit confusing at first, but really liking it. Loved the first one as well. I thought it was really effective despite (maybe that’s the wrong word) the relatively simple means.

DustyShinigami - 17 June 2012 08:49 AM

I’ve yet to play the Dark Fall games… I have the first two downloaded from GOG, which were dirt cheap, but I haven’t got around to them yet.

Just a heads up, the second Dark Fall game (Lights Out) on gog is the original release, not the Director’s Cut (which actually adds quite a lot from what I’ve read).
That one is still available ‘dirt cheap’ (min. $3) along with Black Mirror and Aura in the JustAdventure bundle.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top