• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

rtrooney - 09 June 2012 07:55 PM

How much do I want to spend for public humiliation?

We’re not out to publicly humiliate anyone.  We’re also not our to show people’s bits in a crude manner (or a non-crude manner come to that).  As I said above, the game is aimed at a teen rating - please take this into account when considering what these things represent.

Thanks for the interest in the project and I hope we deliver something you will enjoy.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Steve Ince - 09 June 2012 02:39 AM

I understand your concerns - I, too, would feel uncomfortable playing such a character these days without the game having a wider context into which he would fit.  However Sam Suede is not like that anyway.[…]

That’s good to hear! I’m still not convinced it’s a game for me, but I’ll not write it off completely. I’ll read reviews once it’s out.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I figured the game was for teens when the video made the melons jokes. OMG there are real melons there, but i’m really talking about her breasts. Hilarious. Tongue

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Sam Suede Exposed!

Update number 6 has just been posted on the Sam Suede Kickstarter in which I talk about the kind of gameplay you can expect at a high level.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787675232/sam-suedetm-in-undercover-exposure/posts/246878?ref=email&show_token=5a81c20d4f45c5fb

More videos to follow.  Smile

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-06-05

PM

Was just checking up on the comments for the kickstarter and people found two very cool videos, one of Al Lowe giving an interview about the game back in 2006 and the other a funny promo video with both Al and Ken Wegrzyn:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1606969209250302676

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Oh man, I’m sure that the horrible outdated prototype gameplay footage actually hurts their pitch. Not to mention the painful jokes (the melon joke is an epitomy of badness). They should have taken that prototype footage entirely out.

I’ve said it numerous times, but if you don’t have visually anything tangible for your Kickstarter campaign yet, just hire an artist and commission him to do 2 room concept art, and maybe 2 character concept art. That shouldn’t be so expensive. This way you provide the potential backers something that they can look at and get the feel about the project vision. If you present them with 6-year old awful 3D (visually it’s more like 10 year old), and pre-school sex jokes, you shouldn’t expect much enthusiasm. Look into other kickstarters. Jane Jensen did some concept art and it helped her tremendously.

Also, do you think that the game intended for kids and teens would be successful at the Kickstarter site? I think it’s obvious that the Kickstarter backers are mostly a nostalgic crowd in their mid-twenties and thirties who want more mature game instead. You just can’t get any money from teens at Kickstarter, period. So why target this demographic?

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

I think at this point only a public demo can save this Kickstarter. And not just some interactive sketches, but a really good and up-to-date gameplay demo. And even then it will need a much better promotion campaign, on pair with DoubleFine and Tex Murphy.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Arial Type - 16 June 2012 10:28 AM

I think at this point only a public demo can save this Kickstarter.

Imagine a thought demo - a mixture of Broken Sword 3 and So Blonde with added innuendo and a strong flavour of Al Lowe.  Smile

While I would love to be able to create a demo with the Wisecrack guys, to do so is a lot of money, time and resources we don’t have at this stage.  Sorry.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Steve Ince - 16 June 2012 12:37 PM

Imagine a thought demo - a mixture of Broken Sword 3 and So Blonde with added innuendo and a strong flavour of Al Lowe.  Smile

While I would love to be able to create a demo with the Wisecrack guys, to do so is a lot of money, time and resources we don’t have at this stage.  Sorry.

With all my respect, Steve, to gather $500000 you need either a really good campaign, a very well-established license or a big name with a large fanbase behind, and Sam Suede has neither of those. Even worth - it started with a scandal (which has nothing to do with you, but still). That video about investors can be also applied to gamers who invest their money into… what? I don’t see how you can change the matter of things with new rewards. Ken Wegrzyn should’ve thought about demo in advance, there was no need to rush.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Update number 8 - a quick tour around the Wizarbox studio.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787675232/sam-suedetm-in-undercover-exposure/posts

Beautiful French people.  Smile

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

Posted Update #9: New Sam Suede incremental goals!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787675232/sam-suedetm-in-undercover-exposure/posts/250845

And make sure you check out the Sam Suede FAQ section.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

My condolences to Steve on hearing that this project got cancelled. Another unfortunate Kickstarter casualty.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks, that’s kind of you.  I’m sure the story’s not over yet. Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sorry to hear it was canned.

I don’t think the negative press at the start of the project did them any favours.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top