• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

moebius game

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I know this game doesnt have the best reputation but I am curious about it. I am a jane jensen fan and the premise seems interesting enough. I watched the first 5 minutes of the game and while the animations are indeed awful, I found the voice acting to be passable and are somewhat interested. the game is on sale for 3 dollars would yall say it is worth it?

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

If you thought the first 5 minutes were passable, then sure. Go for it.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

crabapple - 29 June 2020 04:17 PM

If you thought the first 5 minutes were passable, then sure. Go for it.

lol what a ringing endorsement, I heard there are game breaking bugs later in the game, plus im not sure what type of puzzles are really there. I read a couple of reviews and they range all over the place. I did love the music during the opening of the game

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Moebius is easily the worst game Jensen has written. The story is bad, the characters even worse and the puzzle design is nothing to celebrate either. The rather poor visual quality is only icing on the cake.

I wrote a longer review of it a while back if you are interested in checking my further thoughts about it: https://bit.ly/2Vyjj7k

But, in a nutshell, I’d say skip it. Or if you want it, wait for a sale.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jdawg445 - 29 June 2020 03:47 PM

.....game is on sale for 3 dollars would yall say it is worth it?

For $3 I would say it’s worth it for a lot of game - whether you like it or not is a different matter.

A lot of players didn’t like the game - I liked it a lot & thought the basis for the story was quite sound & very interesting which I thought was a little misunderstood.
Smile
(You’re going to give it a pass now aren’t you!  Laughing)

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Jdawg445 - 29 June 2020 04:23 PM

lol what a ringing endorsement, I heard there are game breaking bugs later in the game, plus im not sure what type of puzzles are really there. I read a couple of reviews and they range all over the place. I did love the music during the opening of the game

I didn’t have any game-breaking bugs.
Maybe I was lucky.
I played it when it was first released.

I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t particularly like it either.
I’d consider it mediocre.

A lot of the puzzles were of a type where you have to notice details about other characters and draw conclusions from them. If you happen not to be fond of this type of puzzle, then you are out of luck because you have to repeat this puzzle with pretty much every character you meet. It bothered me that some of the characteristics being used were superficial and in reality could indicate something entirely different than what Malachi was assuming. Of course in the game Malachi was always right, but it still bothered me.

Now if you happen to enjoy this type of puzzle because it’s not seen in most other adventure games and it’s logical that someone like Malachi would be sizing people up like that, then you have a bonanza.

Since it’s only $3 you don’t have much to lose.
If you don’t play it yourself, you’ll always wonder.
Maybe you’ll be one of the people who enjoys it, so as I said, go for it.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 29 June 2020 05:18 PM
Jdawg445 - 29 June 2020 03:47 PM

.....game is on sale for 3 dollars would yall say it is worth it?

For $3 I would say it’s worth it for a lot of game - whether you like it or not is a different matter.

A lot of players didn’t like the game - I liked it a lot & thought the basis for the story was quite sound & very interesting which I thought was a little misunderstood.
Smile
(You’re going to give it a pass now aren’t you!  Laughing)

lol maybe or maybe not. Im also looking at cognition an erica reed thriller and I remember playing the demo and thinking it was interesting, just not enough at full price, it is also three dollars. Im open to all opinions on the matter

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

If you’re not up to buying both definitely go for the Erica Reed!  Smile

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 29 June 2020 05:40 PM

Is erica reed better than still life 2 bc I hated that game. I stopped as soon as the main character had to bake cookies. here I thought I was supposed to solve a mystery and stop a murderer but instead im baking cookies using insane puzzle logic lol.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I don’t think Erica Reed baked cookies if that helps?  Smile

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 29 June 2020 05:46 PM

I don’t think Erica Reed baked cookies if that helps?  Smile

nothing close to that right? I know she has supernatural powers, I just hope the game uses them right. Honestly the thing that stopped me fro buying it yet today, was a lot of reviewers were talking about backtracking using an interrogation sequence for a homeless man as an example

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

It’s a very typical Jane Jensen game: the setting is interesting, the story is captivating in the beginning, but then the game gets the usual “Jane Jensen treatment”, in other words, goes very bad very soon.

I can’t understand Jensen’s fixation with mazes. I mean sure, she comes from that era when it was not only OK, but even a good choice to have those in games. But she has gotten stuck in that mindset, and the maze in Moebius is one of the worst in all adventure games. It’s not even a real maze really, there’s not even a real challenge in it, it’s just there, well, because it has to be there in her games. At least it’s not as embarrassing as werewolves in the opera basement, but still, pointless.

There’s no cat moustache or cuckoo clock puzzles, and there’s even an attempt to create a sort of interesting puzzle solving mechanics, but overall nothing special.

At least she got the game Kickstarted and finished, which is more than some other former Sierra designers have managed to do so far…

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

GateKeeper - 29 June 2020 06:02 PM

It’s a very typical Jane Jensen game: the setting is interesting, the story is captivating in the beginning, but then the game gets the usual “Jane Jensen treatment”, in other words, goes very bad very soon.

I can’t understand Jensen’s fixation with mazes. I mean sure, she comes from that era when it was not only OK, but even a good choice to have those in games. But she has gotten stuck in that mindset, and the maze in Moebius is one of the worst in all adventure games. It’s not even a real maze really, there’s not even a real challenge in it, it’s just there, well, because it has to be there in her games. At least it’s not as embarrassing as werewolves in the opera basement, but still, pointless.

There’s no cat moustache or cuckoo clock puzzles, and there’s even an attempt to create a sort of interesting puzzle solving mechanics, but overall nothing special.

At least she got the game Kickstarted and finished, which is more than some other former Sierra designers have managed to do so far…

I like her gabriel knight games well at least 1 and 2 I found 3 unplayable. I always enjoyed her combo of real world history and her fiction. her puzzles do range from great to downright awful. The werewolves maze was easy to me but the premise of it was indeed dumb.

As far as devs on kickstarter goes, I think most are crazy. As I said multiple times my favorite series in all of gaming is wing commander, but I know chris roberts is over ambitious and crazy to an extent. That is why star citizen will never come out even though I think the game has raised through crowd funding near 300 million dollars. It is bigger than most triple a games, from major studios. And all we got after 7 or 8 yrs of development is a pretty bad beta.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I thought GK 3 was the most brilliant but with the worst interface - a replay for me has been pending for a long time as it gave me terrible motion sickness.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Jdawg445 - 29 June 2020 05:44 PM
chrissie - 29 June 2020 05:40 PM

Is erica reed better than still life 2 bc I hated that game.

No way. Moebius is also way better than Erica Reed, but that doesn’t mean it’s good.

I thought it was a passable game. If you have nothing else to play, go for it.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 29 June 2020 06:16 PM

I thought GK 3 was the most brilliant but with the worst interface - a replay for me has been pending for a long time as it gave me terrible motion sickness.

when I say unplayable that is what I mean, walking around the town gave me a very bad headache

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top