• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quantic Dream to reveal a new game at Sony’s conference at E3. 

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Game looks graphically superb. Not entirly sure what the game is about though. Something to do with the afterlife and possibly has some supernatuaral angle.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

No gameplay showed, but it seemed to have some sort of possession stuff

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Check it out

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

TimovieMan - 04 June 2012 02:50 PM

That has got to be Ellen Page! Crazy

Doh, should’ve read the thread earlier… “who’s that actress” was bugging me through the whole trailer.
So for how many games is this “PS3 exclusivity deal” supposed to last anyway?

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

Quantic Dream, you’ve got my attention. I loved the look of the trailer. Can’t wait to play it.

Any connection with Omikron: The Nomad Soul? I’ve never played it, but that was about possessing someone to go into another world, right? Could this be the other way round, crossing into our world?

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Nope, that doesn’t look like Omikron at all. Seems like “more of the same” in Heavy Rain’s traditions. Well, I still have high hopes for another project.

EDIT Oh wait, did she possessed a guard’s body? Now that’s actually an element of Omikron’s gameplay.

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

That’s what I’m thinking, it could be a sequel in disguise. Tongue

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

D.C. - 04 June 2012 10:01 PM

Quantic Dream, you’ve got my attention. I loved the look of the trailer. Can’t wait to play it.

Any connection with Omikron: The Nomad Soul? I’ve never played it, but that was about possessing someone to go into another world, right? Could this be the other way round, crossing into our world?

Not really, it kind of took a page from Ultima, with a character asking you to posses him and solve a murder (Ultima had you being transported to it’s world).  In the game if the person you were inhabiting died, you could enter another.

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

Ah, I see. They really need to put that game on GOG.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Technically this looks amazing, but otherwise everything about this story seems to be well trodden ground, the setpieces, the characters, the kind of you would see in typical crime procedurals and thrillers, it’s rather unoriginal.
I wish David Cage could create characters that feel unique and real. He managed it a bit in The Nomad Soul, which I still feel is his most daring and original game, not in terms of gameplay (it’s basically a Frankensteins monsters in that regard), but in terms of setting, characters and events.
Since he creates games that focus on little else than the story it’s hard to ignore that the story isn’t really something special. I hope to be proven wrong, but this trailer showed no originality whatsoever, just a rearrangement of typical bits and pieces found elsewhere, in the crime thriller movie genre.

I have neither played Fahrenheit nor Heavy Rain, but I think the most interesting thing he did in the latter was trying to avoid a Game Over screen. I wonder how he will do it this time? Maybe, like it was already suggested, he will go the Nomad Soul route: possessing another body upon death!

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Actually, in Omikron you posses bodies with a spell. Sometimes (not always!) another character touches you and inherits your soul. In other cases it goes straight to Hell Smile But the theme of “failing without interrupting the story” seems to occupy Cage’s mind.

PS Everything in Nomad Soul worked just fine Smile The world simply wasn’t ready for such experiments.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The setup basically reminded me of Firestarter. Remember Firestarter? Here’s a refresher:

It makes me concerned that the writing will be trash like it was in Heavy Rain. However, with Ellen Page involved the quality might be much better. At least the acting will be solid!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Interview with new footage and gameplay scenes, release Spring 2013

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-beyond-two/731133

UPDATE:

Another long interview with 2 directfeed gameplay clips

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-05-behind-closed-doors-with-beyond

UPDATE2:

TECH analysis

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-analysis-beyond-two-souls

High res pics
Check the detail on Face

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Major update 25 minutes gameplay demo, might be spoilers, so beware

You control entity like Game Flower, to do various things

Request to the mods, to change the name of Thread with official name.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Sony Conference-David Cage

a link for the whole Sony Conference….first up is David Cage and talks about the game.and yes it is ellen page.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top