• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Daedalic has been sold again (2020)

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

The new owners are the old founders. I’m curious what they’re going to do with it now. I want to hope for a few classic adventures, but I don’t dare.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Well that sounds interesting. What’s the source?

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Well… Interesting. Funny thought, remember when the company was first sold and we were assured nothing would change? Oh well. Hoping for the best (and a couple more magical adventures).

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just bought a game published by them. Dead Synchronicity. It’s pretty good, got some great reviews.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah it is good. It needs a sequel though, and AFAIK they are presently working on a sequel without daedalic.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Oh good, I hear the ending is kinda abrupt so a 2nd game could help out with that.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Last I heard is there was a second part ongoing. Wheter it will be released and before or after Blackenrock or Asylum who knows…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

sell-outs

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

LittleRose - 19 May 2020 09:41 AM

The new owners are the old founders. I’m curious what they’re going to do with it now. I want to hope for a few classic adventures, but I don’t dare.

Okay, so I’ve not played a ton of Daedalic games, but can you give me an example of a game the old founders made?

versus a game that is made under the other owners?

I really like Chains of satinav.  and when I eventually beat it, I’m looking forward to the ‘sequel?’

And deponia seems fun, but I didn’t get very far.

But then I played “Randal’s monday” game and I was really disappointed.

I tried to play state of mind, but my pc just won’t run it (well it starts, but the lag and skipping is unplayable.  I clearly don’t have a powerful enough pc).  It seems kind of weird because my PC is not great, but it’s a not a busy game, and it’s very ‘stylized’ so I thought that it would be easier to run than games trying to be more photorealistic.  Maybe it is optimization issues, or maybe the engine is really demanding?

Origami - 22 May 2020 09:13 PM

sell-outs

Is it not considered a good thing that the old founders own their company again?  I don’t know a lot about the context for this story.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Celebreon - 23 May 2020 09:44 PM

Okay, so I’ve not played a ton of Daedalic games, but can you give me an example of a game the old founders made?

You played all their bad games. If I played Randal’s Monday I would have given up on them instantly, so I applaud you for persisting.

Best ones are Whispered World, Edna & Harvey, Night of the Rabbit.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Randal’s Monday was not developed by daedalic, they published it. (Personally I really liked it, but I understand it’s… Not for everybody) Pretty much when people talk about not-current daedalic games, it’s games that are in the style of point and click adventures. As of this moment they don’t really make that type of adventure any more. (All of the deponias are great IMO)

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Pretty sure they are about to be sold again… lol…

Ouch… !!!!

Universally panned Tolkien game. Eek… That’s going to be an interesting reputation to reverse…

I do wish them success but my god - this is a sad mess.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Luhr28 - 23 May 2020 09:56 PM
Celebreon - 23 May 2020 09:44 PM

Best ones are Whispered World, Edna & Harvey, Night of the Rabbit.

I think Chain of Satinaf or something and Memoria were from them too. I loved those games and was always expecting a sequel.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

They really should’ve stick to what they were doing the best — making traditional adventure games. A sequel to Memoria would be great. Although they lost their creative force long time ago. Kevin Mentz is now working on some boring-looking indie life sim, Closer the Distance, Simone Kesterton is a freelance artist, Jan Müller-Michaelis just disappeared in an unknown direction, probably writing music for kids. This is all pretty sad.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I do wonder if gollum really is a decent game, ill have to find out with sales. But i did play it a couple months ago at a con, and its no surprise its not reviewing well. It was very buggy and hard to play. :

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top