• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #54: Blade Runner

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I did at least managed to VK Bob. Got a result on my second try. The first test was terminated after 3 or 4 questions when he got upset over a turtle. Bob’s a sensitive soul lol.

Too late for the KIA upgrade now. Not reloading a previous save for that. I don’t think it’s really that useful or important. If I remember correctly it allows you to choose which files to upload to the mainframe or not. So I don’t really think it’s necessary for the path I’m following.

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

I’ve now reached the start of Act 3.

One interesting (I find) thing about Bob is he’s providing an unstable subject for the V-K test. The book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) deals with this issue a bit more, but basically, the VK test can provide false positives, in case of subjects that are psychologically unstable. Bob apparently suffers of PTSD from the Off-World wars he fought in and I think his test is the only one that can either result in “Replicant” or “Human” or even “Inconclusive”.

He is always human by the way. If the test says he is a Replicant, then it is a false positive. However, and only in that case, McCoy can “retire” him without remorse (he won’t get paid any retirement bonus though).

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

That’s another thing I didn’t know. I think I’ve always had the human result. I could be wrong though. This game is even more detailed than I thought.

Also love all those little pointless things you can do like destroying that puppet at Sebastian’s or similarly, breaking the twins’ doll (which I did Tongue I swear I could shoot the annoying laughing one as well before… Maybe later? I hope so haha. Or I’m thinking of another game

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Well, I replayed the game from the start after all, looking for additional clues (one clue on the first photo is near to impossible to find!), regularly checking new info in the PDA (missed quite a few clues by fellow blade runners and some extra commentary by McCoy) and trying different talk options which indeed resulted in new info and a cool upgrade I totally missed! Got Izo arrested by Crystal after following him up the ladder, while on my first play I missed the ladder, got outside and walked to the area near Bullet Bob’s where I saw him casually walking down the road when Crystal appeared and shot him down. I also tested Bob, he turned to be human and a generally nice guy.

So far so good. Love how you can shoot some stuff for fun, and the whole J. F. Sebastian’s area was nice and creepy. Didn’t get the story behind the photo with McCoy on it. Why did he become interested in the man behind him? Was it some other blade runner? Why didn’t his face was revealed, but instead something in his hand was shown?

The most tragic thing that happened during my replay: this time around Crystal scored 77 points in the shooting gallery! Well, I had to beat her, so I managed to score 78 points - don’t ask me how Shifty Eyed

PC means personal computer

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Have you seen the movie? The guy behind McCoy in that photo is Deckard (Harrison Ford from the movie). What he’s doing there is also a scene from the movie. It would’ve made more sense if you examined that photo in act 3, you’ll see. You’ll get to see what the deal is with the scale etc

Also I don’t think the developers had permission to use Harrison Ford’s face so that’s why you can’t zoom in on that. That’s just my theory though Tongue

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I did watch the movie, but it’s been also quite a while, don’t remember the scene tbh. So the reason McCoy may get interested in it is either the familiar appearance/clothes or the future events in the Act 3? Got it Smile

PC means personal computer

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Yup, pretty much as soon as you’ve fully investigated the entire building you’re being held captive in at the start of act 3.

As for that particular photo, not sure if McCoy actually recognizes Deckard there or not. He should because they’re both Blade Runners and they work together after all, but McCoy never even mentions him throughout the entire game. Maybe he recognizes him there and that’s why he’s interested in what he’s showing to the fish lady Smile But yeah it should become clearer at the beginning of act 3

Some people will probably be wondering what the hell we’re talking about because there are 2 different versions of the McCoy photo lol. Although I think most people will get the Deckard version because if I’m not mistaken it’s more difficult to get the other one because certain things must have already happened before Izo took that shot.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

stroggoff - 26 July 2019 06:14 AM

he’s providing an unstable subject for the V-K test. The book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) deals with this issue a bit more, but basically, the VK test can provide false positives, [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Only if Deckard asks the wrong questions, but i know what you are talking abou; when Tyrell wanted to fool him with Rachel to shut down the operation.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

stroggoff now I’m curious..

I just loaded an earlier save to try things differently to see what needs to be done for you to get the other version of that McCoy photo. No luck. I’ve tried everything but I still get the photo with Deckard every time. I know the other version is about the scorpions, so I even ignored the scorpions at the dragonfly lady. Didn’t click on them, then when that didn’t work I only clicked on them once. I’ve tried everything lol.

So maybe you know what needs to be done or is that another completely random thing that is decided for you by the game? Or maybe what photo you get depends on what path you’ve chosen? But gotta say I very rarely got the other version in previous playthroughs over the years no matter what path I’ve chosen.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 27 July 2019 05:32 AM

stroggoff now I’m curious..

I just loaded an earlier save to try things differently to see what needs to be done for you to get the other version of that McCoy photo. No luck. I’ve tried everything but I still get the photo with Deckard every time. I know the other version is about the scorpions, so I even ignored the scorpions at the dragonfly lady. Didn’t click on them, then when that didn’t work I only clicked on them once. I’ve tried everything lol.

So maybe you know what needs to be done or is that another completely random thing that is decided for you by the game? Or maybe what photo you get depends on what path you’ve chosen? But gotta say I very rarely got the other version in previous playthroughs over the years no matter what path I’ve chosen.

I actually got the one with the scorpions in my current playthrough. It all depends on whether *a certain character*, who is “walking around” in Animoid Row (you won’t ever see them walking around there, though) chooses to buy the scorpions, and on when they decide to do so. Which has a probability attached to it and also depends on a few other factors—so basically you can call it “sort of random”. But if they buy the scorpions before Izo takes the shot, then you’ll end up with the non-Deckard photo definitely.

In my playthrough, when I first arrived at Animoid Row, the scorpions were already gone (so I didn’t get a chance to interact with the cage or ask the Peruvian lady about them).

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Ah ok so I probably wasted my time trying to get the other pic lol. I tried for quite a while..

I don’t think it’s ever happened in my game that the scorpions were already gone on my first visit to Animoid Row. As far as I can remember they’ve always been there. But then again I’ve played the game so many times and I’ve had the scorpions pic on a few occasions so who knows.

But yeah I know who buys the scorpions and where they end up. Must not forget! Tongue

What path are you following btw just out of interest?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Only if Deckard asks the wrong questions, but i know what you are talking abou; when Tyrell wanted to fool him with Rachel to shut down the operation.]

Huh, never thought of this this way before. Why of course Tyrel would want the operation shut down, it does not do them any good at all.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

My copy arrived during the week and I’ve finally got some time to sit down and play it so I’ll try my best to catch up quick!

Game seems to run ok with scummvm, copying all the files off the cd was a bit of a pain though.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 27 July 2019 08:13 AM

What path are you following btw just out of interest?

I’m going full pure Blade Runner. At least so far anyway.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Yup me too. But even so our games are a bit different which is cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top