• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #54: Blade Runner

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve reached act 5.

I killed both Runciter and Guzza and let Luther and Lance live. I did not kill the bum in act 1, so he was now helpful after getting something to drink.

Lucy turned out to be a replicant when I did a Voight-Kampff test on her. As earlier, I let her go.

It’s great to be able to read all these insightful comments. I’m looking forward to trying some endings next week.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

stroggoff - 08 August 2019 02:30 AM

Yeah, Lolita brochure means that Lucy is a Replicant.

Cool stuff. See I still learn new things after all these years. Never thought of Lucy as one of those until you mentioned it. Now I’m glad Tyrell got what he deserved at the hands of Roy Batty lol. But if she’s human though those “dirty old men” sick assholes still abuse her. Should’ve rid the world of Runciter and Early Q when I had the chance Tongue Wonder if they’re still open lol. Need to pay them another visit. Still sucks that I didn’t get the chance to Vk Lucy though, being the completionist type that I am Tongue

About the Nexus 6 models…

Yeah I guess all that makes sense. I still think though that it’s a bit out of character for a Nexus 6 to care that much for a human like they do for Lucy. Later models like Rachael are far more emotional and caring. I’ve never read the book though so I’m only going by what I’ve learned from the movie(s) and the game Smile 

Still, personally, I never saw the Clovis-Lucy or the McCoy-Lucy relationship as creepy.

I don’t see Lucy’s relationship with Clovis as creepy either. But personally I’m not a fan of her relationship with McCoy. It’s a bit weird to me. And personally I can’t see McCoy all of a sudden taking on the role as a father figure. It doesn’t really suit him. And I think the thing between Dektora and McCoy is a bit too sudden as well if you go down that path.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I Finished Act 4 (and 5, it was such a crucial part of the story that I couldn’t stop Tongue )

Thanks McCoy97 for the info. I don’t know why I was feeling confused, although I still think that the game sometimes keeps people and objectives a little ambiguous and found myself sometimes not knowing what to do or where to go but its just a matter or flowing with the game (I guess I’m getting used to games spelling everything for me nowadays Mini Smile )

I see what you guys are saying about the sewers having like a thing of their own artistically and I enjoyed it. It took a bit to find my bearings but once I did I was able to move and find my way. It was indeed a little annoying the police you find sometimes, especially the ones that are blocking one of the entrances. I actually got stuck because I didn’t know I had to go the apartment first in order for them to not be there, I kept trying to kill them but it wasn’t possible. Is there a way to kill them without going to the apartment first? 

I actually didn’t kill or retired anyone, only Guzza died at the hands of Sadik. I did find Lucy on the sewers and she asked me to VK her and she turned out human which actually surprised me. But I didn’t see Runciter anywhere, is he at his Shop? I didn’t try to go there

I also saw the bum form Act 1 but I didn’t bring him the drink Tongue

Thanks for all the insights, is interesting the whole deal with Lucy, especially if she is human. Like McCoy97 I’m not sure I liked the way they handled that relationship

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

danigar - 08 August 2019 09:54 PM

I see what you guys are saying about the sewers having like a thing of their own artistically and I enjoyed it. It took a bit to find my bearings but once I did I was able to move and find my way. It was indeed a little annoying the police you find sometimes, especially the ones that are blocking one of the entrances. I actually got stuck because I didn’t know I had to go the apartment first in order for them to not be there, I kept trying to kill them but it wasn’t possible. Is there a way to kill them without going to the apartment first? 

No, I think it is supposed to be the game’s way of forcing the player to visit the apartment to see the new guy and find that Maggie is missing.

About Act 4, some rare events that I’ve actually only found out recently: you may spot Zuben or Izo walking around if they’re still alive (and in Izo’s case, if he is not arrested). It’s a low probability though, because they move between places and for long periods they may not be at any of them. If you see them, Izo won’t say anything; You can have short dialogue with Zuben (you can ask him only one question out of a few). They are hanging around in Hysteria Hall and the Night Club Row areas (they can even be inside Taffy’s or Early Q’s club (in the VIP area too))

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Never thought of Lucy as one of those until you mentioned it. Now I’m glad Tyrell got what he deserved at the hands of Roy Batty lol. But if she’s human though those “dirty old men” sick assholes still abuse her. Should’ve rid the world of Runciter and Early Q when I had the chance. Yea, this part made the game very adult to me. Very different from the movie. This does lead to some interesting endings, as we’ll see next week.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

danigar - 08 August 2019 09:54 PM

I actually didn’t kill or retired anyone, only Guzza died at the hands of Sadik. I did find Lucy on the sewers and she asked me to VK her and she turned out human which actually surprised me. But I didn’t see Runciter anywhere, is he at his Shop? I didn’t try to go there

Yes he is. His shop is closed for most of the game but it’s open again in act 4. He’s being very uncooperative when you try to talk to him… until you whip out your gun. I think it’s the only chance you get to maybe do what Clovis and Zuben should have done Smile I guess he’s lucky that Clovis didn’t bring along Sadik at the start of the game lol.

And yeah I’m pretty sure I’ve seen both Zuben and Izo walking around in previous playthroughs. In fact I think I once saw Zuben inside the arcade. Can’t remember if he was playing the same game Lucy played or something else, but I remember something like that. I think I’ve only seen him in there once though.

There are a few super rare moments. For me at least. Another one I remember is Gordo holding someone hostage if he’s a rep. That has only happened once, maybe twice. He usually just attacks me. Don’t know what needs to happen for him to hold someone hostage, but it’s a rare occurrence in my game. I think if I remember correctly it happens right before that cutscene where McCoy is being interrogated by crooked cops and Crystal barges in to rescue him. Usually though in my game that cutscene happens after I’ve VK’d Dektora, like in this playthrough.

Speaking of Zuben, there’s something I’ve been wondering about since the start of the game. Don’t know if it’s a glitch or just something completely random. I know for a fact in previous playthroughs I found a photo of Zuben on his body after retiring him, but in this playthrough I didn’t get it. I had to retire Zuben on the apartment roof and when I clicked on his body McCoy just said something like yuck or whatever. There was no photo. And now in my suspect database, his is the only suspect photo I’m missing. Don’t know if you only get his photo if you retire him in Chinatown.

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 11 August 2019 02:49 AM

Speaking of Zuben, there’s something I’ve been wondering about since the start of the game. Don’t know if it’s a glitch or just something completely random. I know for a fact in previous playthroughs I found a photo of Zuben on his body after retiring him, but in this playthrough I didn’t get it. I had to retire Zuben on the apartment roof and when I clicked on his body McCoy just said something like yuck or whatever. There was no photo. And now in my suspect database, his is the only suspect photo I’m missing. Don’t know if you only get his photo if you retire him in Chinatown.

Yeah, presumably he doesn’t have that with him when he’s at the roof. Not a bug, it’s intentional from the game designers.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Well then that’s yet another reason why it’s so much better to take care of Zuben in Chinatown

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Most players seem to have completed Act 4 & beyond!

Time for ACT 5 & your comments about the ending(s) you’ve experienced.
Smile

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Act 5 is disappointingly short and a bit anticlimactic. Only took a couple of minutes or so for me to reach the ending because there’s pretty much only one place you can go. All other locations are useless. Also it sucks that I still have to make use o the sewers to get around even though I’ve cleared my name in act 4. They didn’t even give me back my spinner Frown I think act 5 (and act 4 to some extent) was rushed during development. It definitely always feels that way.

Anyway, I got the ending I was aiming for which is also just about my favourite ending. Played the entire game as a Blade Runner, met up with Crystal near the crash site, saved her by warning her about the bomb, killed Sadik after he killed Maggie, then had a quick chat with Clovis in the moonbus. I retired his ass before he could finish his stupid poem, then walked away with Crystal and the two of us lived happily ever after. In the end the only rep I spared was Lucy. I didn’t get to VK her because she vanished after chatting with her in the arcade, but apparently she is a rep.

As far as I remember, the first ending I ever got (or at least one of the very first ones) was a little variation of the one above. In it I killed a rep or two in the moonbus (can’t remember who) then had a slightly different chat with Crystal outside.

I think the ending I got now is my favourite, followed by the one with all reps still alive and taking off in the moonbus with McCoy joining them. 3rd I would say retiring all reps but meeting Gaff, 4th Driving off with Dektora, 5th driving off alone, and last driving off with Lucy or the moonbus ending with her. I think those are all the main endings, with some slight variations for some giving you a total of 13 possible endings. Some are pretty much identical to others but with a slightly different speech from McCoy.

Enjoyed playing the game again. Still one of the best. Will probably not play it again for a very long time though lol. And stroggoff etc I can say that I didn’t encounter any problems running the game with scumm. Everything worked perfectly.

Now can you tell me how exactly are you supposed to know if Sadik is a rep or not? Because like I said earlier I always saw him as a rep and I still do. I didn’t know he can be human.

Also, at the moonbus, in the background there’s what looks like a toppled tower. I can’t be the only one who thinks that’s the Eiffel Tower haha.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am reading the thread every now and then but sadly i dont have the time to play the game, i ve learnt some things i have never knew from this playthrough (thread) of some others here, like Lucy is a Human, wow… carry on .. i will try to do a fast play for the missed chapter that i havent done, at least to reach the end of the playthrough with you guys.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I always knew Lucy can be human. I mean one of the first times I ever VK’d her she was human. And one of the first endings I ever got for this game was with her in the car as a human. Only thing I didn’t know about her until now was the Lolita thing.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

McCoy97 - 11 August 2019 01:00 PM

Act 5 is disappointingly short and a bit anticlimactic.

I agree.

Anyway, I got the ending I was aiming for which is also just about my favourite ending. Played the entire game as a Blade Runner, met up with Crystal near the crash site, saved her by warning her about the bomb, killed Sadik after he killed Maggie, then had a quick chat with Clovis in the moonbus. I retired his ass before he could finish his stupid poem, then walked away with Crystal and the two of us lived happily ever after. In the end the only rep I spared was Lucy. I didn’t get to VK her because she vanished after chatting with her in the arcade, but apparently she is a rep.

This is similar to the ending I got 1st time around except I didn’t manage to save Crystal from the bomb. I never saw Lucy again after following her through the Hall of Mirrors in Hysteria Hall - I think she was the only rep I didn’t kill.

On my 2nd playthrough after playing for the most part as a rep sympathiser McCoy had a phone call from Lucy when I finally got him back to his apartment. It was evident in the apartment that Crystal had been there & shot Maggie who was lying dead on the chair.
Lucy told McCoy that Clovis wanted to see him & when McCoy said he would Lucy protested & thought that just her & McCoy were going away to be together in a special place - I think it was somewhere with a lake & trees that Clovis had told her about.

Here I had a choice so I went to meet Lucy by the car rental place. The rental guy handed
over keys for a spinner but having got to the roof Crystal appeared & tried to kill McCoy. I found it really difficult to kill Crystal 1st but in managing it the spinner was damaged. I wasn’t sure at that point whether McCoy was a replicant or Crystal believed him to be a rep sympathiser.
McCoy & Lucy then were able to use the green ground car in the subway tunnels by dropping the
floor in the rental place to drive away.

For me it was a really exciting ending except that I didn’t think that the idea of McCoy
& a 14 - year old human girl going away together seemed very appropriate. But, perhaps Lucy
needed to get away from the replicants that seemed to be her ‘family’ & McCoy had to leave
anyway.
In the same playthrough I reloaded a save & rather than meet Lucy outside the car rental place I got
McCoy to go to the Moonbus site. There McCoy met Crystal who told him that Maggie was
not real & then she tried to shoot him. Again it was quite challenging to kill Crystal but it was her or
McCoy.

Nearer the Moonbus I got to see Sadik working on it outside. On talking to him it turned out that he
himself was human. A long time ago ‘his woman’ who was a replicant got shot by a Blade Runner
when she tried to get away from her master. Since then he has helped replicants all he can. I think
he mentions that Clovis is dying.

He needed something to power the Moonbus but, like the radiation googles, it was quite difficult to
spot amongst the debris.
On entering the Moonbus I saw Clovis, Zuben, Gordo, & also Dektora on the occasion I
hadn’t killed her earlier. It seems that McCoy is a replicant? but there’s hope as he has collected
all/some of the 4? DNA samples & the Moonbus takes off.

Personally I don’t think Clovis is really her father. I just think Lucy sees him as a father figure because she doesn’t have anyone else. It’s why I think it’s so easy for her to grow so close to McCoy as well. Maybe she’s had a rough life on the off world colony and Clovis and Dektora helped her out.

On the relationship between Lucy & Clovis I did wonder whether that Clovis because of his poetry
was designed as some sort of teacher possibly off-world for children of colonists & she was
somehow orphaned. Yeah! - fill in your own blanks but the replicants seemed very family orientated.

About the Nexus 6 models…...
.......I still think though that it’s a bit out of character for a Nexus 6 to care that much for a human like they do for Lucy.

Wasn’t that the whole point of the ‘fail-safe’ 4 year life span as Tyrell saw the possibility of the replicants’ emotions evolving & it seems faster than he envisaged.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

chrissie - 11 August 2019 02:38 PM

This is similar to the ending I got 1st time around except I didn’t manage to save Crystal from the bomb. I never saw Lucy again after following her through the Hall of Mirrors in Hysteria Hall - I think she was the only rep I didn’t kill.[/spoiler]

I never kill Lucy. That’s just wrong Tongue Sometimes though Crystal does whether you like it or not lol.

Here I had a choice so I went to meet Lucy by the car rental place. The rental guy handed
over keys for a spinner but having got to the roof Crystal appeared & tried to kill McCoy. I found it really difficult to kill Crystal 1st but in managing it the spinner was damaged.

Yeah I always wished I could get that red Viper on the roof Frown Always wished there was an ending where you fly away in it.

Nearer the Moonbus I got to see Sadik working on it outside. On talking to him it turned out that he
himself was human. A long time ago ‘his woman’ who was a replicant got shot by a Blade Runner
when she tried to get away from her master. Since then he has helped replicants all he can.

Oh damn thanks for that. I remember from previous playthroughs that Sadik could be working on the moonbus, but I cannot remember that conversation at all about him being human.

On entering the Moonbus I saw Clovis, Zuben, Gordo, & also Dektora on the occasion I
hadn’t killed her earlier. It seems that McCoy is a replicant? but there’s hope as he has collected
all/some of the 4? DNA samples & the Moonbus takes off.

In addition to those, on previous playthroughs I also had Lucy, Izo and the twins in the moonbus. If the twins are there I think they’re always the pilots/co-pilots. Not sure if I ever had every single possible rep in the moonbus at the same time. There seems to always be at least one potential rep missing. I think it’s because of the randomness of the rep/human characters.

Wasn’t that the whole point of the ‘fail-safe’ 4 year life span as Tyrell saw the possibility of the replicants’ emotions evolving & it seems faster than he envisaged.

Yeah you’re right I didn’t think about that. But I remember in the movie that Tyrell mentioned that the short lifespan of the Nexus 6 reps was because that was all the technology at the time allowed and that there was nothing he could do for them to prolong their lives. Or something along those lines. I think he was talking to Roy Batty. I don’t think the 4 year lifespan was intentional. Or maybe I’m remembering completely wrong Smile Don’t know what the book says about this..

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

McCoy97 - 11 August 2019 04:08 PM

Yeah you’re right I didn’t think about that. But I remember in the movie that Tyrell mentioned that the short lifespan of the Nexus 6 reps was because that was all the technology at the time allowed and that there was nothing he could do for them to prolong their lives. Or something along those lines. I think he was talking to Roy Batty. I don’t think the 4 year lifespan was intentional. Or maybe I’m remembering completely wrong Smile Don’t know what the book says about this..

I just re-watched Blade runner recently & I’m pretty sure that the Nexus 6 were deliberately given a lifespan of 4 years as a fail-safe. (I could be wrong)  I think the technology at the time perhaps didn’t allow for anything to be done to prolong their lives - well that’s what Tyrell said - would you trust him bearing in mind that he was already breaking the law with Rachael’s presence?  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top