• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GirlbrushThreepWoodrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #54: Blade Runner

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mikekelly - 27 July 2019 08:18 AM

Only if Deckard asks the wrong questions, but i know what you are talking abou; when Tyrell wanted to fool him with Rachel to shut down the operation.]

Huh, never thought of this this way before. Why of course Tyrel would want the operation shut down, it does not do them any good at all.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Heart

thank you for your consideration Mike!..

i understand why any could miss it, as its represented in the book rather than the movie, here is the part from Do Androids.. that explain Tyrell motivation behind representing Racheal to Deckard before the latter start to hunt down his products.

Rachael said, “All right; we’ll yield on that. You can will the owl to your heirs. But we insist on getting the complete brood. If you can’t agree to that, go on back to San Francisco and admit to your superiors in the department that the Voigt -Kampff scale, at least as administered by you, can’t distinguish an andy from a human being. And then look for another job.”

“Give me some time,” Rick said.

“Okay,” Rachael said. “We’ll leave you in here, where it’s comfortable.” She examined her wristwatch.

“Half an hour,” Eldon Tyrell said. He and Rachael filed toward the door of the room,
silently. They had said what they intended to say, he realized; the rest lay in his lap.
As Rachael started to close the door after herself and her uncle, Rick said starkly, “You managed to set me up perfectly. You have it on tape that I missed on you; you know that my job depends on the use of the Voigt-Kampff scale; and you own that goddamn owl.”

“Your owl, dear,” Rachael said. “Remember? We’ll tie your home address around its leg
and have it fly down to San Francisco; it’ll meet you there when you get off work.”

It, he thought. She keeps calling the owl it. Not her. “Just a second,” he said.
Pausing at the door, Rachael said, “You’ve decided?”

“I want,” he said, opening his briefcase, “to ask you one more question from the Voigt-Kampff scale. Sit down again.”

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I played a bit further since I had free time on my hands and stumbled across a game-stopping bug: During the 3rd act I went to the Early Q’s club and sneaked a hidden disk from Q’s private room despite his attempts to stop me. I then scanned one of the photos with the leader of replicants, but when I tried to enlarge the lower right corner, the game crashed. Not sure if it’s a big deal, just wanted to warn stroggoff.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

Doom - 27 July 2019 03:49 PM

I played a bit further since I had free time on my hands and stumbled across a game-stopping bug: (...) I then scanned one of the photos with the leader of replicants, but when I tried to enlarge the lower right corner, the game crashed. Not sure if it’s a big deal, just wanted to warn stroggoff.

Hello, could you reproduce the bug (does it happen all the time if you try to zoom there in that photo)? Also would it be easy to provide me with a save game near the crash issue! It’s best for ScummVM to fix those ASAP.

Edit: I have now pushed a fix to ScummVM about a possible seg fault (I was able to reproduce this case, I think) so could you try with tomorrow’s daily development build to check if it is fixed for you too?

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

McCoy97 - 22 July 2019 04:57 AM

.........Currently tied to a chair where I, McCoy, will be sitting for the next week till Sunday

Laughing

In my game Izo was killed. This is one of those random things the game decides for you I think when you start a new game because Izo can either be human or replicant. It varies from playthrough to playthrough.

Also did you guys check out the scorpions? Interesting stuff….................. Smile

On both of my playthroughs Izo was killed. I tried to run away & leave in my spinner but he appeared by it & shot me.

Yes, I did check out the scorpions? For me the interesting stuff came later.

McCoy97 - 22 July 2019 06:07 AM

Btw who else likes to just stand on the balcony in McCoy’s apartment? ....

Me too. Cool 

Doom - 23 July 2019 11:28 PM

..... I really like the gameplay - back in the day I was disappointed because of the lack of “real puzzles”, now I think it’s just perfect for an investigative game, gives it a very nice flow and adds realism.

I thought the same thing on my first playthrough but now appreciate the amount of detail (a lot easy to miss) & alternative actions. I actually like the story better than in the movie. Having seen the movie I know is not necessary but I think it adds to the enjoyment of the story. 

Pegbiter - 24 July 2019 08:33 PM

Today I reached the beginning of Act 3, playing with my four day old son in a baby carrier. He should learn to appreciate a good adventure game as soon as possible.

Congratulations Pegbiter!  Thumbs Up

McCoy97 - 25 July 2019 03:14 AM

Have you guys seen Deckard yet? He can sometimes be seen walking around but he’ll just ignore you. One of those random encounters. Then you can also see him in one of Izo’s photos. If you’ve seen the movie you’ll know what he’s doing there Smile

I haven’t noticed him walking around but did assume that it was him in one of Izo’s photos

stroggoff - 25 July 2019 10:09 AM

..Bullet Bob confirmed his goggles were worn only by Replicants in the Off-World wars. Got the KIA upgrade from him too for a small cost.

I also went to the meeting with Tyrell and his… assistant, and also got a loan from Guzza, so now I have even more chinyen that I don’t have anywhere to spend them on. Except maybe booze Grin

I reloaded a save to look for Izo’s goggles, but Bob wouldn’t confirm that they were only worn by replicants.

The first time I played I did meet Tyrell & Rachel but the second time I wasn’t able to find Guzza in his office. I don’t think I saw him walking around Animoid Row but spotted him at the bar there in the security photo.

No-one yet has mentioned much about DNA Row in particular the timed sequence to free Moraji & escape the explosion at Dermo Design. I found this the most awkward part as it took me several attempts. In my first playthrough I was able to get some info from Moraji as to the identity of the bombers but not on a subsequent playthrough as he was killed outright that time
It did seem possible that if you weren’t quick enough you could enter Dermo Design & then exit leaving Moraji to die - very cowardly!

My favourite characters from the film were Sebastian & his little ‘friends’ so it was a treat, although Sebastian wasn’t present to see the Bradbury Hotel & the toys faithfully recreated.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Time to move on to Act 3.
Play until you reach a long cut scene which concludes with McCoy entering an old subway station which is the beginning of Act 4.
You have until next Sunday.

The acts aren’t that long so hopefully anyone that’s behind will be able to catch up before we get to the many ending variations in act 5.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

chrissie - 28 July 2019 07:08 AM
McCoy97 - 25 July 2019 03:14 AM

Have you guys seen Deckard yet? He can sometimes be seen walking around but he’ll just ignore you. One of those random encounters. Then you can also see him in one of Izo’s photos. If you’ve seen the movie you’ll know what he’s doing there Smile

I haven’t noticed him walking around but did assume that it was him in one of Izo’s photos

The times I’ve seen him in the past he was at police HQ. Haven’t seen him walking around in this playthrough so far though.

No-one yet has mentioned much about DNA Row in particular the timed sequence to free Moraji & escape the explosion at Dermo Design. I found this the most awkward part as it took me several attempts.

Not much to talk about regarding DNA Row for me. I remember the first few times I’ve played Blade Runner I tried my best to save Moraji lol. I was sure there had to be a way. I died a few times back then because I didn’t know what to do in there Smile I always found it a bit stupid that when you go talk to Chew afterwards he’s totally unaware of what just happened right across the street. But then again he’s an old weirdo and maybe he can’t hear with that stuff on his head

In this playthrough the street at DNA Row was pretty busy. Met both Gaff and Gordo there again. Gordo gave me some nice new info after stopping him to chat 3 times

And yeah Sebastian is never home on your first visit to his place. I always love the creepiness and the shadows and glimpses you can see of you-know-who Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, I am at the check point.

And yeah Sebastian is never home on your first visit to his place. I always love the creepiness and the shadows and glimpses you can see of you-know-who Smile

I just loved this part of the game. It was so very creepy.

Sad about Rutger Hauer, he made the movie the amazing experience it was.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Mikekelly - 28 July 2019 08:42 AM

Having watched the film again recently I did wonder whether Daryl Hannah was hanging around. Maybe that makes more sense out of shooting the doll as she was posing as one in the film.
I had to reload to try that - the hotspot was way off, it took quite a few bullets & seemed completely pointless! I’m just wondering whether in my version of the game some of the timed sequences are more difficult & perhaps a reason why I can’t get a positive score in the shooting range because I’ve tried to avoid women & children since & can only get to minus 21 - perhaps I get shot at too much or perhaps I’m just trying to make excuses! Laughing 

Sad about Rutger Hauer, he made the movie the amazing experience it was.
Heart

Yes, a very enigmatic actor & despite his menacing roles apparently a gentle giant. R.I.P.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

chrissie - 28 July 2019 09:16 AM

Having watched the film again recently I did wonder whether Daryl Hannah was hanging around. Maybe that makes more sense out of shooting the doll as she was posing as one in the film.

In the cut content (not restored as of yet), there’s some discussion about a doll that McCoy spots in Sebastian’s apartment which probably refers to Daryl Hannah’s role, posing as a still doll. My guess would be that this conversation would be about the doll in the lower right in the room next to the computer room (or to the north of the main room).

I’m just wondering whether in my version of the game some of the timed sequences are more difficult & perhaps a reason why I can’t get a positive score in the shooting range because I’ve tried to avoid women & children since & can only get to minus 21 - perhaps I get shot at too much or perhaps I’m just trying to make excuses! Laughing

In the shooting range, anyone who is not carrying a gun is an innocent. So some of the men dummies are not enemies too. As mentioned before you have to shoot them after they start turning towards you (so that McCoy should be certain they are enemies). Guesswork, will penalize the player, even if they are correct.

Also, you should only exit a maze room after the announcer says “Completed Sequence. Proceed to next ...”

The easy mode in the original version of the game should not have many differences from the ScummVM version. The speed of the targets in that mode should be identical between these two versions in Easy. There were a few bugs fixed in ScummVM whereby McCoy would shoot specific enemy targets and the game would penalize him as if they were innocents, and occasionally this would lead to the announcer never saying “completed sequence” for a room.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

stroggoff - 28 July 2019 09:52 AM

....Also, you should only exit a maze room after the announcer says “Completed Sequence. Proceed to next ...”

Many thanks for the info stroggoff. Perhaps I haven’t hung around enough because it does seem to take for ever for the targets to appear. I’ll try again but for me it’s just an exercise & no game-breaker.  Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Act 3
I managed to get McCoy free & search the room. I’m sure on one playthrough Lucy was in the room? & confirmed that the animals were killed because of Runciter’s treatment of her. She regards Clovis as her father?
McCoy finds cheese which if you miss will bring you to a standstill & a photo of a Moonbus. We already know that a Moonbus was hijacked by replicants about a month ago & landed somewhere in the ‘kibble’ i.e. wasteland.

If you go down to the reception of the hotel you may see someone looking for their photos - it’s a red herring in the current story but could be a reference to replicant Leon in the film looking for what are his false memories.
If you know the film you will recognise the room that you can search - but you will only find Holden’s badge & an animal scale from the bathroom both fun references to the film rather than more useful info?

Staying with the Moonbus photo for now, on analysing it you can clearly see McCoy in the photo but I can’t fathom out what the close-up on the right side is showing. Is it meant to be a reflection of the Moonbus where you just can’t see McCoy in it? & therefore not clear evidence that he was there at all because he seems surprised himself? 

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Ok I’m done with act 3 and currently waiting in the abandoned subway. Didn’t take too long.

I tried again to beat Crystal’s score at the shooting range but I’m actually getting worse at it lol. My best score is still 69, my last attempt got me 65. Not only that but I totally forgot to change my ammo type. I wasted all my upgraded bullets haha. Oh well I can get the best ammo a bit later.

chrissie - 28 July 2019 09:16 AM

Maybe that makes more sense out of shooting the doll as she was posing as one in the film.
I had to reload to try that - the hotspot was way off, it took quite a few bullets & seemed completely pointless!

Strange, the hotspot in my game is directly on the doll. Just took one bullet.

So here’s what I did in act 3:

Doom in case you’re wondering :p you can get 4 photos in act3.

Bar photo: 2 clues
Moonbus: 4 clues. And yeah chrissie I think one of the clues is just a reflection showing no McCoy
Dressing room: 2 clues including one showing another sicko like Runciter
Dektora’s dressing room: 2 clues

Gotta say I think there’s a little mistake in the game? I dunno. But in my game no one ended up buying the scorpions. The scorpions are still at the dragonfly booth. But in one of the photos above I found the box of scorpions. I went back to the dragonfly booth but the scorpions were still there and I can’t ask the lady about anything new anymore. Also… next spoiler..

...there are no scorpions in Early Q’s office. I forgot that the scorpions aren’t always there. But still, why is there a pic of the scorpions in that photo?

But anyway, Guzza was finally in the office, so I finally got my meeting with Tyrell. About freakin time Tongue Guzza still went to Early Q’s later. Don’t think we’ll ever see him back at work again.

Btw when I found Guzza in the office I was paid for retiring a rep. Who? Because I thought I was paid for retiring Zuben in act 1. Tbh the money situation confuses me. I now have about $520.

I also chose to arrest Gordo. I’m pretty sure he’s human in my game. Sucks that I couldn’t VK him in jail. Well at least Grigorian now has some company lol. In other playthroughs Gordo can be a rep.

As for Dektora, I got a positive result on my first try when VK’ing her. May she now rest in peace Smile

And then finally Lucy, I could’ve easily killed her in the maze but I chose to let her escape instead. I stood there in the maze and she ran straight through me hehe. Don’t know for sure if she’s a rep yet or not. Plus it never sat well with me killing her anyway so I never do.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

McCoy97 - 28 July 2019 11:09 AM

Gotta say I think there’s a little mistake in the game? I dunno. But in my game no one ended up buying the scorpions. The scorpions are still at the dragonfly booth. But in one of the photos above I found the box of scorpions. I went back to the dragonfly booth but the scorpions were still there and I can’t ask the lady about anything new anymore. Also… next spoiler..

...there are no scorpions in Early Q’s office. I forgot that the scorpions aren’t always there. But still, why is there a pic of the scorpions in that photo?

That seems like a little bit of a bug. I think I’ve grasped that one of the photos you can get in Act 2? behind Mccoy is a scene of a woman in a black dress with a box of scorpions?

In one of my games the scorpions are absent from the stall & therefore sold?- if you manage to access Early Q’s secret room & help yourself to a security disc etc & prevent him from killing you he will sit down in his chair to be poisoned by the scorpions - they’re fakes & their venom is more lethal. This doesn’t necessarily happen so photos of the dressing room can vary. If Early Q is [spoiler]poisoned you can pinpoint the scorpion box in the dressing room photo!

But anyway, Guzza was finally in the office, so I finally got my meeting with Tyrell. About freakin time Tongue Guzza still went to Early Q’s later. Don’t think we’ll ever see him back at work again.

I didn’t find Guzza in this act but I’m not sure I looked!

I also chose to arrest Gordo. I’m pretty sure he’s human in my game. Sucks that I couldn’t VK him in jail. Well at least Grigorian now has some company lol. In other playthroughs Gordo can be a rep.

That’s interesting - I never thought to do that or perhaps the opportunity didn’t arise?

As for Dektora, I got a positive result on my first try when VK’ing her. May she now rest in peace Smile

I’m not sure I was able to test her?

And then finally Lucy…..

Yes, I let her go too

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

chrissie - 28 July 2019 10:39 AM

Act 3
I managed to get McCoy free & search the room. I’m sure on one playthrough Lucy was in the room? & confirmed that the animals were killed because of Runciter’s treatment of her. She regards Clovis as her father?

I think Lucy’s always there in the cutscene when McCoy wakes up tied to the chair at the start of Act 3..

If you go down to the reception of the hotel you may see someone looking for their photos - it’s a red herring in the current story but could be a reference to replicant Leon in the film looking for what are his false memories.
If you know the film you will recognise the room that you can search - but you will only find Holden’s badge & an animal scale from the bathroom both fun references to the film rather than more useful info?

Pretty much so. From the original game, the part where McCoy recognizes that certain clues are not helping his case and he’s following the case of another Blade Runner is cut for some reason.

Staying with the Moonbus photo for now, on analysing it you can clearly see McCoy in the photo but I can’t fathom out what the close-up on the right side is showing. Is it meant to be a reflection of the Moonbus where you just can’t see McCoy in it? & therefore not clear evidence that he was there at all because he seems surprised himself?

That’s my understanding too.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 28 July 2019 11:09 AM

Probably a design inconsistency. There are a few others like that too. I’m pretty sure there isn’t another version of that photo so I don’t know if this can be easily “fixed” to make more sense. I’ll keep it in mind though for the restored content version.

Btw when I found Guzza in the office I was paid for retiring a rep. Who? Because I thought I was paid for retiring Zuben in act 1. Tbh the money situation confuses me. I now have about $520.

That’s for Zuben. If you hadn’t “reported in” after retiring Zuben, you’re having that conversation now.

Also worth noting that the 200 chinyen are an “advance” for Rep retirements. And even though in-game McCoy won’t be needing much cash, according to the book a Blade Runner has to retire a few Replicants in order to be able to afford a real animal (in the game McCoy wants to buy a companion dog for Maggie Smile ). All retirements are considered bonus money and they are not shared among Blade Runners (so you can’t have co-op kills and there’s rough competition among them). Their plain salary (to keep them around) apparently sucks.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top