• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Karlok

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Case of the Serrated Scalpel - Can’t talk to Nobby

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-03-16

PM

Hello.

I’m completely stuck in the game.
In St. Bernard’s Public House (billiards) I’ve already bribed the spectator, and he told me to speak to Nobby.
I’ve clicked on him 100 times, and he always brushes me off.
Is it a bug?

Thanks in advance.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

If I remember correctly, you might need to look at everything, including the various people, until Holmes has enough info to force them to talk to him. Then again, it’s been years since I’ve last played the game; I might be misremembering.

Joined 2014-03-16

PM

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I can’t even talk with Nobby. I get a generic “I’m busy” answer, without any conversation options.
I’ve looked everything and talked with everyone.
I’ve checked FAQs and a “Let’s play” video, and Sherlock should be able to talk with the character.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

If you want to attach a save, I can try to see if I can get it to work with my copy of the game.

Joined 2014-03-16

PM

That’d be great, I appreciate it.
It’s a ScummVM save. I include a Google Drive link, because the forum doesn’t allow the file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nj8tIYz666f95IHcKRee-J2NAmqvGOCj

Thanks!

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Yeah, same problem here.

If I remember correctly, the players refuse to speak to you when they’re about to play, so you have to wait a few seconds for one of them to hit a ball and try again—except that in your save they just stand there and never play, so you’re stuck!

I tried leaving the location and returning, but it doesn’t seem to fix the problem.

I guess you should report the problem to the ScummVM devs. And, in the meantime, go back to an older save (from before you first entered the location) and try again.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

Joined 2014-03-16

PM

Thank you for your help and effort, sincerely.
I’m stupid, I only have that one save. Meh

Guess I’ll be left wanting to finish the game. Don’t have the heart to start again, it’s a slow game.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

You should still report the bug to the ScummVM devs. They might have some debug command that may be able to solve the problem.

Joined 2014-03-16

PM

I did.
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/10931

I’ll update this thread if there’s a fix.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top