• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #50: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

- How did you bypass Biff the doorman?

I did all 3 to get all 18 points, but the fire escape was the one I continued on from, therefore Sophia’s fortune encouraged me to take the wits path.

- Where did you find Plato’s Lost Dialogue?

I tried all 3 locations to get all 20 points, but as I had mentioned previously, I ended up finding it in the wax cat. Which brings up a good question. How in the hell did the book not burn up when you put the wax cat in the furnace?! Better yet, how in the hell did Indy not get burned, lol.

-What’s your favorite location so far?

I would probably say Tikal, there’s just something about jungles and ancient ruins that screams Indiana Jones. Smile

Well, with that said, time to kick some Nazi @$$! Wink

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sorry everyone. The house plumbing issues I described took longer to resolve than I originally thought they would. Which, in turn delayed other real life stuff that needed to get done. Result is that still haven’t progressed past my arrival at the theater. Things don’t look much better this coming week. But I’m hoping things will clear up by Thursday. I will catch up as best I can.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 16 December 2018 04:30 PM

Some end-of-section questions for you all to answer:

- How did you bypass Biff the doorman?
(Alternatively: what did Sophia suggest during her fortune reading: wits, team or fists? - her answer is a direct consequence of your choice with Biff)

- Where did you find Plato’s Lost Dialogue?

- What’s your favourite location so far?

Biff let me in after I praised Sophia - I can’t quite remember what Sophia suggested during the fortune reading but ‘team’ rings a bell!

I found Plato’s Lost Dialogue in a locked chest in the room above the library - I can’t remember where I found the key!

My favourite location so far is The Azores as it reminds me of being on holiday.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sir Beardalot - 16 December 2018 05:42 PM

I tried all 3 locations to get all 20 points, but as I had mentioned previously, I ended up finding it in the wax cat. Which brings up a good question. How in the hell did the book not burn up when you put the wax cat in the furnace?! Better yet, how in the hell did Indy not get burned, lol.

Hehe. Grin

chrissie - 17 December 2018 06:07 AM

Biff let me in after I praised Sophia - I can’t quite remember what Sophia suggested during the fortune reading but ‘team’ rings a bell!

Yep, that’ll be what she suggested if you got past Biff that way.

Basically, it’s like this:
How you handle Biff - what Sophie suggests
Use the fire escape - wits
Talk your way in - team
Fight and beat Biff - fists

I found Plato’s Lost Dialogue in a locked chest in the room above the library - I can’t remember where I found the key!

In that case, the key will have been in the urn in the top room (the title screen).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Grrr! These fighting parts are stupid hard! Nazis are kicking my @$$ Angry My plan to get all 1000 points is not going so well! (I’m pretty sure I didn’t get them all in my past playthroughs either.) SMH!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sir Beardalot - 17 December 2018 11:04 PM

Grrr! These fighting parts are stupid hard! Nazis are kicking my @$$ Angry My plan to get all 1000 points is not going so well! (I’m pretty sure I didn’t get them all in my past playthroughs either.) SMH!

You do realize that you will have to beat Arnold in a fight if you want the full 1000 points? Simply [spoiler]crushing him with the boulder nets you one point less than beating him in a fight[/spoiler]. Evil decision by the developers, especially since all other “tougher” Nazis net you more points for the puzzle solution than for beating them...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

My memory is worse than I thought.

Got stuck in the labyrinth. Didn’t remember that if you don’t succeed the first time then keep trying.

I’m now waiting in the darkness.

Image Attachments

nazis.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got to the (2nd) Dark Location which means TimovieMan by next week I won’t remember the answers to most of the questions you might ask!

I can’t believe how much I’m loving this game - I didn’t quite grasp how to manoeuvre the balloon & thought I’d try the spark plug & siphoning off some gas from the generator to try & use the truck instead - but no!  Cry - I somehow managed to land where I needed to eventually but I don’t know how?

It took me a while to work out what to do before I thought to follow Paul Abdul to Omar’s house

I’m not interested in this game in accumulating points so all of the action is my kind of action - pressing ‘0’ yes!!!  Thumbs Up But I was forced to try fighting with Arnold to no avail! - is there a dead end here as I had to reload a save to progress? ... I suggested a drinking song to Arnold before levering the boulder & there didn’t seem to be any way of getting by him after that without being killed to get to the other side of the boulder? I tried!  Sick

Labyrinth = maze but I‘ve found this to be one of the more likable ones I’ve come across so far in a game.

I can’t wait to get on but I’ll fall behind next week as I’m away…..... 
Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 18 December 2018 11:14 AM

I’ve got to the (2nd) Dark Location which means TimovieMan by next week I won’t remember the answers to most of the questions you might ask!

Grin

I don’t want to spoil things by already asking them in advance… Tongue

I can’t believe how much I’m loving this game - I didn’t quite grasp how to manoeuvre the balloon & thought I’d try the spark plug & siphoning off some gas from the generator to try & use the truck instead - but no!  Cry - I somehow managed to land where I needed to eventually but I don’t know how?

Then I have some bad news for you: that balloon returns in the other paths…

I never considered it hard to manoeuvre. Here’s how it works:
You have two options: left-clicking to vent hydrogen and right-clicking to drop ballast.
Venting hydrogen will turn the balloon counter-clockwise and make it descend. Dropping ballast will turn the balloon clockwise and make it ascend.
If you keep descending, you will land.

I’m not interested in this game in accumulating points so all of the action is my kind of action - pressing ‘0’ yes!!!  Thumbs Up

That’s why the option is there! Grin

But I was forced to try fighting with Arnold to no avail! - is there a dead end here as I had to reload a save to progress? ... I suggested a drinking song to Arnold before levering the boulder & there didn’t seem to be any way of getting by him after that without being killed to get to the other side of the boulder? I tried!  Sick

I don’t recall there being any issues here? I thought you could always back out of the fight (just keep walking away during the fight until Indy runs away), and then click the other exit.
In fact, I recall doing this exact thing in my own playthrough now.

Smile

There will be a few days extra in the next section, because the holiday season can be weird and limit game-time. Wink

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 18 December 2018 12:05 PM

.....I was forced to try fighting with Arnold to no avail! - is there a dead end here as I had to reload a save to progress? ... I suggested a drinking song to Arnold before levering the boulder & there didn’t seem to be any way of getting by him after that without being killed to get to the other side of the boulder? I tried!  Sick

I don’t recall there being any issues here? I thought you could always back out of the fight (just keep walking away during the fight until Indy runs away), and then click the other exit.
In fact, I recall doing this exact thing in my own playthrough now.

Thank you! - I’ll try getting by Arnold again - I just hate deadends!  Smile

PS Oh no, not the balloon again!  Gasp

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

It took me a while to work out what to do before I thought to follow Paul Abdul to Omar’s house

I’m not interested in this game in accumulating points so all of the action is my kind of action - pressing ‘0’ yes!!!  Thumbs Up But I was forced to try fighting with Arnold to no avail! - is there a dead end here as I had to reload a save to progress? ... I suggested a drinking song to Arnold before levering the boulder & there didn’t seem to be any way of getting by him after that without being killed to get to the other side of the boulder? I tried!  Sick

Labyrinth = maze but I‘ve found this to be one of the more likable ones I’ve come across so far in a game.

Smile

I’m confused. You didn’t get past Arnold but you’re at the dark location? How is that possible?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Henke - 19 December 2018 10:17 AM

I’m confused. You didn’t get past Arnold but you’re at the dark location? How is that possible?

I had to reload a save to progress

Wink

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

TimovieMan - 19 December 2018 10:38 AM
Henke - 19 December 2018 10:17 AM

I had to reload a save to progress

Wink

Doesn’t make any sense. Someone else’s save file?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

No, just reloading an earlier save. Like you always do with dead ends: go back to before it became one. What doesn’t make sense?

Although I still doubt it ever was a dead end in the first place.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 05 December 2018 03:24 PM

Do remember to save often, especially in more dangerous (read: Nazi-infested) places!

There are no dead ends in the game that I know of, but there is one spot where you could manoeuver yourself into an unwinnable state during a puzzle. It’s only for one short puzzle, however, and I will warn you well in advance.

Henke, I paid attention to Tim’s very good advice & saved often so I didn’t have to go back too far to try again to try differently to get past Arnold

I’m not sure that’s the unwinnable state if you confront Arnold 2nd time but I did find that when I tried again yes, you can just coolly walk away from Arnold despite the health bars etc - I just didn’t think to try first time around so no dead end!  Thumbs Up

Are there more action games like these?  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top