• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Darkside Detective 2

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

One of the funniest adventures released in the last years started a kickstarter for the sequel.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spookydoorway/the-darkside-detective-season-2

Time to help the return of McQueen and Dooley
I wish the shirt pledge was not so expensive

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Nice. Although I was hoping Dooley would get his own spin-off…

Total Posts: 2070

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Even the trailer is funny. Was there a Darkside Detecive community playthrough? Somehow I missed the original game.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I just re-installed the first one yesterday after I read that they added 3 free chapters to the game free of charge. That is some really great customer service in this cynical age of micro-transactions, loot boxes, season passes and payed DLC.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Awesome! Definitely looking forward to this Smile But yeah, those are some pricey rewards Meh

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Bump.
6 days to go and still needs more to reach the goal.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I want the copy on GOG since I bought the first on GOG. Why do they have to limit the PC version to Steam?

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

SoccerDude - 05 October 2018 02:25 PM

I want the copy on GOG since I bought the first on GOG. Why do they have to limit the PC version to Steam?

“Will I be able to get my keys DRM-free?

For PC, Mac and Linux, yes. We’re not entirely certain what store will be used for this yet, but you will be able to get your keys DRM-free.”

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

GateKeeper - 05 October 2018 02:27 PM
SoccerDude - 05 October 2018 02:25 PM

“Will I be able to get my keys DRM-free?

For PC, Mac and Linux, yes. We’re not entirely certain what store will be used for this yet, but you will be able to get your keys DRM-free.”

Cool for clarifying that thanks. I read that after I wrote my response, based on their first entry of:

What platforms will the digital copies be available on?

The digital copies (for both seasons 1 and 2) will be available as Steam keys for PC, Mac, Linux or Nintendo eShop codes for the Nintendo Switch.

Edit:FYI, I asked them if they will have it for GOG as a reward and here is their response:“We will be releasing it as DRM free for backers, but we may be doing that through Humble instead of GOG. We haven’t made a final decisions on the store just yet.”

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Regarding GOG, I read that in the comments:
“There should be, we obviously have to make the game first and then confirm with GOG that they’ll put the game on their store. The supported Season 1, so it’s very likely they’ll be happy to do the same for Season 2.”

So glad I saw the kickstarter in time! I really hope they’re going to make it, they’re not too far from their goal and there’s still some time left… DD was easily one of the best comedy games I’ve played in years, probably the best to be honest.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top