• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

UruBoo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gray Matter - Stuck on config screen..

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2018-08-09

PM

I tried everything but the game doesn’t want to start.
When I click Save and Run config shows up again and again is there any solution?

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

necromyth - 09 August 2018 06:40 PM

When I click Save and Run config shows up again and again is there any solution?

Hi,

First thing, could you give a few details on your computer specs i.e. CPU, Graphics card, and windows version?

If you have trouble finding that (or don’t already know it), just push the Windows key+R on your keyboard. And then enter msinfo32.exe and click ok.

It will pop-up a window with all of your PC info. Look for: OS Name and Processor.

Then on the left side click the “components” + box and select “display”. On the right side at the top, it should tell you the name of your graphics card.

Second thing; is the game a digital copy or did it come on a disc?

I’ve got a digital copy that I’ll try later on today and see if it does the same thing for me.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2018-08-09

PM

SpeedBo - 10 August 2018 12:53 PM
necromyth - 09 August 2018 06:40 PM

Hi,

First thing, could you give a few details on your computer specs i.e. CPU, Graphics card, and windows version?

If you have trouble finding that (or don’t already know it), just push the Windows key+R on your keyboard. And then enter msinfo32.exe and click ok.

It will pop-up a window with all of your PC info. Look for: OS Name and Processor.

Then on the left side click the “components” + box and select “display”. On the right side at the top, it should tell you the name of your graphics card.

Second thing; is the game a digital copy or did it come on a disc?

I’ve got a digital copy that I’ll try later on today and see if it does the same thing for me.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 3825U @ 1.90GHz, 1901 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Pro…
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 M330

I tried to download it from a few sites, and I always had the same problem.

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Alright I’ve tried loading it, and it seems to work just fine for me. I’ve got the digital version from Groupees.

So the first thing I’d try is to go the to directory that the game is installed, usually under C:\Program Files (x86), and try launching it directly from Game.exe.

Just to be clear are you running it from the disc version or a digital version?

Joined 2018-08-09

PM

SpeedBo - 10 August 2018 07:55 PM

Alright I’ve tried loading it, and it seems to work just fine for me. I’ve got the digital version from Groupees.

So the first thing I’d try is to go the to directory that the game is installed, usually under C:\Program Files (x86), and try launching it directly from Game.exe.

How do I know what it is? I have no knowledge in these matters.

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

necromyth - 11 August 2018 12:19 AM
SpeedBo - 10 August 2018 07:55 PM

How do I know what it is? I have no knowledge in these matters.

Ok so this depends on how you have the game installed. If you’ve got a non-steam version, all you have to do is:

1. Right click on the Gray Matter icon
2. Click properties, and a box will pop-up
3. Click open file location

This will take you to the folder that the game is installed. Once there it should look something like this:

Try opening Game with the capital G.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2018-11-27

PM

After a long time I solved this problem. The issue was that my documents username had special language characters. The solution is to create another username in C:\Users\ “only with english letters” copy GrayMatter folder from Documents and paste there. That’s it, works perfectly. Don’t forget to disable antiviruses also such as Real-time protection.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top