• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

who has Twitch account here? 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

And if you do, did ye have the tools needed for Podcast, and so, did ever try to play any adventure game online?

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Advie - 24 January 2018 05:12 PM

And if you do, did ye have the tools needed for Podcast, and so, did ever try to play any adventure game online?

Slowly raises hand… I played part of Quern with a friend, with a live stream. But the problem we ran into was the delay. By the time he saw something, I was already looking at something else.

It made communicating difficult.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Were you on a PC or a console?

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Advie - 25 January 2018 12:33 PM

PC. I don’t really do that console thing.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SpeedBo - 25 January 2018 12:41 PM

well, that is better because consoles and Twitch goea bit into preparation and rules to be able to work it out.

but i know three preferable matters with Twitch that you might know already, but they are the what would affect the connection:

-internet speed must be around 10MBS give or take.
-using studio mic fixed the lagging in voice and sound, you can A Samson won’t exceed 100$
-the camera I will tell about, but using the laptop or multimedia cams are also responsible for videos streaming lagging

P.S: but if you decide one day to go Pro/XSplit-twitch you will not have any fuckin problem AT ALL… but its not free as you know Speedy!

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Advie - 25 January 2018 01:04 PM
SpeedBo - 25 January 2018 12:41 PM

well, that is better because consoles and Twitch goea bit into preparation and rules to be able to work it out.

but i know three preferable matters with Twitch that you might know already, but they are the what would affect the connection:

-internet speed must be around 10MBS give or take.
-using studio mic fixed the lagging in voice and sound, you can A Samson won’t exceed 100$
-the camera I will tell about, but using the laptop or multimedia cams are also responsible for videos streaming lagging

P.S: but if you decide one day to go Pro/XSplit-twitch you will not have any fuckin problem AT ALL… but its not free as you know Speedy!

I’ve got 50Mbps down, and 16Mbps up, so that shouldn’t have been a problem. I’ve got a Blue Snowball mic, it’s fine but nothing special. The mic wasn’t lagging at all.

We didn’t need cameras.

My PC is up to the challenge so that wasn’t it. Most likely it was my friends internet speed.

But I don’t think anyone would ever be really interested in watching me play games. I’m not very talkative. And I don’t typically play very long at a time. Or for that matter, at any set time of day.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

screw taking, you can type if you want and if you play with the right crowd they could do the talking plus it is not about the games or playing a game from start to finish it .

like, for example, imagine larry 2 with the endless deaths in it, and with how this game is so death intense, even if you start from the middle, but the important point is to have like an appointment or fixed time with at least 2-4 ppl to join in at this time.

imagine Wilco has this Sierra playthrough on twitch and announced the time he will be playing it each day, or our, however, any day or time, well could that be the greatest fun, since most of us played all Sierra games he did not, lol Smile

this site must have a twitch channel. btw

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Advie - 25 January 2018 01:57 PM

screw taking, you can type if you want and if you play with the right crowd they could do the talking plus it is not about the games or playing a game from start to finish it .

like, for example, imagine larry 2 with the endless deaths in it, and with how this game is so death intense, even if you start from the middle, but the important point is to have like an appointment or fixed time with at least 2-4 ppl to join in at this time.

imagine Wilco has this Sierra playthrough on twitch and announced the time he will be playing it each day, or our, however, any day or time, well could that be the greatest fun, since most of us played all Sierra games he did not, lol Smile

People tend to watch twitch mainly for the personality of the streamers. Like Pewdiepie is not the best player, but he does find a connection with a huge audience (I just don’t get what people like in him). It is a little bit like a popularity contest.

Also unless you are a household gaming personality (like pewdiepie) competitive games tend to do much better on twitch than story driven games. Check out the top channels:
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all

You’ll notice lots of League of Legends, PubG, Hearthstone, Overwatch, GTA Live. Mainly multiplayer competitive games.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SoccerDude28 - 25 January 2018 02:15 PM
Advie - 25 January 2018 01:57 PM

People tend to watch twitch mainly for the personality of the streamers. Like Pewdiepie is not the best player, but he does find a connection with a huge audience (I just don’t get what people like in him). It is a little bit like a popularity contest.

Also unless you are a household gaming personality (like pewdiepie) competitive games tend to do much better on twitch than story driven games. Check out the top channels:
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all

You’ll notice lots of League of Legends, PubG, Hearthstone, Overwatch, GTA Live. Mainly multiplayer competitive games.

i know Pewdiepie, but we got something he doesn’t have, know each other, and just hearing each other voices or interacting into adventure while typing as much as we do here but with a fucking adventure is streamed to every one of us at the same time .whether the one (of us) playing; a new game and its new for us all too, start given ideas and solve puzzles together.. or playing an old game that we all must ve forgotten about and let the nostalgia talks.

Pewdiepie and likes are rich getting money outta of this, he like show hosters, attracting people as you said by his persona; even if doesn’t look any good, but seem to choose right, what could be played as people watching and b fun too, as I said to SpeedBo its not about finishing games or contesting, its about choosing entertaining parts of games you know you can throw some comments about whether here, there that will entertain the people .

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

Twitch doesn’t have to be about being popular and making money.  Same thing with youtube.  It can be about uploading self-indulgent videos of obscure games that no one will ever watch. 

For example, I’m obsessed with watching all videos by youtube channel “The Rec Room Plays,” in which a guy forces his friend to watch him play Myst and other adventure games (including some more recent ones like TechnoBabylon).  Maybe I only find this so awesome and hilarious because I also inflicted the same thing on my friends when we were in high school.

On most of these videos, I’m literally 1 of less than 20 people who have ever watched them.  Which is why it’s so funny when they say “Don’t do that, our viewers will get mad!”  They’re both conscious and hilariously unconscious of the fact that no one is watch their videos.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

something is wrong with the link!!

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

russ869 - 25 January 2018 05:22 PM

Twitch doesn’t have to be about being popular and making money.  Same thing with youtube.  It can be about uploading self-indulgent videos of obscure games that no one will ever watch.

Yes, isn’t that great. 99.99 percent of the twitch streams are not for me and that’s fine. It took me a while to discover which streamers play games (adventures!) that interest me, but it was worth it. I even found another Dutchie who loves the old Infocom text adventures.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 25 January 2018 08:25 PM

. It took me a while to discover which streamers play games (adventures!) that interest me, but it was worth it. I even found another Dutchie who loves the old Infocom text adventures.

link these sso we watch them and get something out of them if wanna make our scheduled twitch channel for us, or just to learn! for now, other than the tech parts i kinda knew sumthin about .

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 25 January 2018 08:34 PM
Karlok - 25 January 2018 08:25 PM

. It took me a while to discover which streamers play games (adventures!) that interest me, but it was worth it. I even found another Dutchie who loves the old Infocom text adventures.

link these sso we watch them and get something out of them if wanna make our scheduled twitch channel for us, or just to learn! for now, other than the tech parts i kinda knew sumthin about .

WHAT?!?!

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Advie - 25 January 2018 07:44 PM

something is wrong with the link!!

Try the single video link

Or look up Let’s Inflict The Crystal Key on David at YouTube

Joined 2012-01-02

PM