• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Why do i get a screen saying this when i try to post?

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

The form you submitted contained the following errors

Return to Previous Page

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I get that a lot - I start with a full-stop then go back to edit it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

when there is a previous identical post at this thread you will always get this msg, i dont know Admins aware of this or not, but as chrissie said, i do the same , just get over it by posting any humble jumble which (strangely) the site will welcome it, then i go edit the post and write the actual one, then update it.  Meh

P.S: if there is a previous post with a single dot chrisssie you will get that msg just the same.

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I tried changing the post many times and still got the message. Adding a dot did not help. I dont get why it was only in some threads and not others, some threads I cant post anything at all

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-10-11

PM

It sounds like this forum is severely damaging its small and cosy community. I know it’s not easy or cheap to change forum software, but it’s such an integral part of the site that it feels like it should deserve some more attention.

I am a mere lurker, so feel free to ignore my opinion Smile

*edited typo

Run you pigeons, it’s Robert Frost!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Eregian - 29 October 2017 04:31 AM

It sounds like this forum is severely damaging its small and cosy community. I know it’s not easy or cheap to change forum software, but it’s such an integral part of the site that it feels like it should deserve some more attention.

*edited typo

I agree. This morning I couldn’t make any post at all, no matter what I did. I had to change browsers to make it work (I was using Firefox).

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Oscar - 19 November 2017 04:00 PM
Eregian - 29 October 2017 04:31 AM

*edited typo

I agree. This morning I couldn’t make any post at all, no matter what I did. I had to change browsers to make it work (I was using Firefox).

I think the site has an issue with Firefox Quantum, maybe it does not support, I can only post using Google Chrome now since I upgraded to Quantum

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’m using Quantum and don’t have any issues.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Removing dots, commas, and site links fix many times not always
Right now i cannot post in LA noire thread with anything

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

So, I’ve looked into the code of the forum software and found 4 possible locations that cause this. I’ve extend the error that you get, so if anyone gets this again please let me know what the message says so I know which of the 4 pieces of code is the possible culprit; if I know that I think I can fix that..

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I get this image

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

OK, well that’s not really helpful yet. Just extended with more info again.. Let me know if you get the error again

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Did anyone get the notice again and if so, can you paste me what it said? (or a screenshot?). I’d really like to fix it, but need a more details.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

CaliMonk - 04 December 2017 04:54 AM

Did anyone get the notice again and if so, can you paste me what it said? (or a screenshot?). I’d really like to fix it, but need a more details.

Funny enough, I had the same problem while posting that. Was able to backtrace and find what the problem was (a bug in a captcha addon that was installed, which ironically was disable by still used).

This problem should be fixed.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah for now LAnoire thread worked
Thanks Calimonk

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top