• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure (Puzzle) Scene/Shot - Part 3

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Welcome to Riven’s Schoolroom for understanding the D’hi numeral

this nice Wooden Table with the Hang Men game is the first step to Learn D’hi numerals and the basic one to get an understanding on how the D’ni number system works.

Simply i didnt know what the heck is this game about but eventually i started to turn the crank and Turn the Crank again ,after some tries ,understood that simply losing when my man get eaten by that Shark (Great Wahrk) after finishes his Notches/Clicks limit.

as there is no one to play with in Riven , i started to play it alone ,and paying attention to two things ; The Symbol (Number) that appears in window below , and The number of notches (Clicks) that one man takes each span.

and by repeating this ,the game lets you learn the numerals, at least from 1 to 10.

so actually it looks like ,no puzzle to be Solved here ; but i did get to interpret 10 symbols, each one represent a number from one to ten.

that was a start to the way of opening Moiety Gateway, which is the lead to understand the value of each/any symbol in Riven and to relate each (later) to the 5 main Animals of Riven islands and so on ...... until understanding their order (the animals)

i guess that is the easiest thing you can start to get busy with in Riven, i will try to get into the possess of opening the Gateway of the Circle Slabs Room, another time , which i guess it needs to feature 5 different Puzzles/Shots in order to get there correctly (as i remember Now)

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Also, looking closely to the numbers, you could understand the relation between the SETS of 5 numbers (1-5, 6-10,etc). Taking that into account, you could decipher EVERY number (at least up to 25 Wink ), making it possible (much later in the game) to desipher a) the codes from Gehn’s journal to enter into one of the domes and use the hidden linking books and b)the telescope codes from Catherine’s journal.

One thing I don’t remember. Was it possible to return to the school chamber after you have already used the “submarine on rails” to reach the upper parts of the village? It was pretty easy to miss the school while navigating through the lake…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 25 July 2012 02:30 AM

One thing I don’t remember. Was it possible to return to the school chamber after you have already used the “submarine on rails” to reach the upper parts of the village? It was pretty easy to miss the school while navigating through the lake…

Taking that into account, you could decipher EVERY number (at least up to 25 ), making it possible (much later in the game) to desipher a) the codes from Gehn’s journal to enter into one of the domes and use the hidden linking books and b)the telescope codes from Catherine’s journal.

are you suggesting something like a dead end or not being able to access it again ,nah , (but yes i remember/understand)  routing with the sub was very confessing due to the sreen changes perspective with each sub stop, north becomes south and the same east and west , i drew a map so i can get over it because i remember i had like 10 mins of losing directions totally going back and forth back and forth between 2 stops only

but every screen in riven is was always accessible once you get its access one way or the other,  unless in the domes or at ghen’s hideout you access them both once .

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top