• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day – Wednesday 18 July 2012

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Death to all that crawl on my wall!

In the pic you see Roger Samms, an entomologist who made it his life’s work to put cockroaches on the endangered species list. Grin But now he’s turned into a cockroach himself, crawling on the wall of his own study. Not a very pleasant character, our Roger. In the intro he’s on the verge of disappearing into the night with one million dollars in stolen cash when his dead mom steps in. Roger disappears alright… into the night of his soul.

Bad Mojo is one of the most original and remarkable adventures ever – from the exploration as a cockroach to the puzzles (look mom, no hands!). The story of transformation is told in FMV cut scenes with over-the-top acting. Tongue firmly in cheek. And the music fits the game perfectly. It’s so much fun to scuttle around Eddie’s Bar, crawl over toilet seats, slabs of meat, dead rats, kitchen floors. Pushing bottle caps and cigarette buds, killing spiders, drinking from bottles.  I realize it’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but I love this game to death, as my fellow roaches in Zobrak’s crawlthrough can testify. In my top ten. Heart

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Brilliant game. Even its flaws are brilliant (Mike Sommers’s acting over the top and things).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

One of the games I never got to play. I was interested in it already at the time of the release but I just never got myself to it. I also find bugs kinda yucky. But will have to try this cult piece at some point.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Great game.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Bugs are creepy.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Interesting choice for a scene. And just now I’ve figured it rhymes! I’d myself probably go with the butterfly. Or something to increase the appetite.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

Sick Definitely the creepiest, grossest, most bizarre game I’ve ever played. I was really glad BM Redux was released back in 2004. The material on the bonus DVD that came with this version was really interesting! Although I didn’t have time to participate in the crawlthrough, I still followed (crept?) along. Mini Smile (Garbage disposal units seem to be more common in the U.S., I’ve only seen one of these in a Canadian home.)

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I love this game, Fien!!! Wait for it…

Bad Mojo, in my opinion, is the greatest adventure game ever made. It surpasses Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango and Broken Sword and The Longest Journey and Gabe Knight and Riven and etc, etc…

The concept is so simple but through that simplicity you have really sophisticated game design and artistry that never lets up throughout the entire experience. I can not find a single flaw. Even the cheesy acting, I love it. It works.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I bought it a few years ago after reading all the positive reviews and comments, but gave up after an hour or so because the gameplay really wasn’t my thing. Maybe I just wasn’t in the right frame of mind and should give it another chance at some point…

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

@Diego: And I would never choose your screenshots.

@thejobloshow: Some of those games you mention are also in my top ten.  Laughing

@Kuru: Don’t start doubting your own judgment because some people are raving about Bad Mojo. If you didn’t like it after playing it for an hour, that’s it. It will not get any “better” for you.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top