• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Half a year of Adventures (2012)

Poll: which was your real Joy?
Total Votes: 47
The Walking Dead: Episodes
Deponia
Resonance
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
The Journey Down: Chapter One
Botanicula
Yesterday
Space Quest: Incinerations
Dear Esther
The Ballads of Reemus: When the Bed Bites
J.U.L.I.A.
NOT MENTIONED !

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

That period (6 months almost) i watched some really quality/great titles that had been released so far.

it had been a while since i noticed such an obvious big number of quality Adventures being released in such short Period.

i am really glad with the scene lately ,and wish that this phenomena would Continue .

P.S: There also other Titles that i couldnt add as the max rows (poll) are 12.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

From your list, I only played Botanicula but loved it!  Rhem 4 was excellent, too.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 14 July 2012 09:25 PM

From your list, I only played Botanicula but loved it!  Rhem 4 was excellent, too.

i guess you are not really a 3rd person’s Adventures fan Content

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Hm, out of all these titles I have only played The Dark Eye so far. I have almost all the other titles though, just can’t decide in which order to play them… but that is a very nice problenm to have.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Resonance. It’s been a pretty good year so far.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Advie - 14 July 2012 09:29 PM

i guess you are not really a 3rd person’s Adventures fan Content

I’ve played quite a few 3rd person games and enjoyed them, but most of the games on your list haven’t been ported to Macs.  I hope to play The Journey Down soon because they did make a Mac version.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv played about half of these games. I havnt played resonance or deponia which i expect big things from. But if i had to declare a victor today, oddly enough i would choose a freeware game: donna avenger of blood. It is quirky to say the least, and has lots of potential to offend people.. but it is a full length game, with great puzzle design and has an immersive story.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Dear Esther, Botanicula, Resonance and Deponia are the ones I played and loved.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Advie! You missed Amber’s Blood and Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting! Amber’s Blood was easily my favorite but from your list I also enjoyed Dear Esther and Dark Eye.

Lady Kestrel - 14 July 2012 09:25 PM

Wasn’t Rhem 4 2010? I’m sure it wasn’t released this year.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Resonance.

By a LONG margin.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

A.A - 15 July 2012 04:38 AM

Resonance.

By a LONG margin.

“Resonance? 5/10”

- Gamespot

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

My vote goes to Botanicula, but I liked Deponia, The Dark Eye, Resonance and TWD episodes too.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I haven’t yet played any of these! Or well, I did play Dear Esther and while it wasn’t bad I doubt it will be “the game of the year” for me.

I am most interested in Resonance which I might buy in full price if I get too impatient. Then I already bought J.U.L.I.A. from the earlier sale and Botanicula with some indie bundle.

I am also somewhat interested in at least 3 other titles.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 15 July 2012 04:36 AM

Advie! You missed Amber’s Blood and Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting! Amber’s Blood was easily my favorite but from your list I also enjoyed Dear Esther and Dark Eye.

you are totally correct Oscar, but i tried maintain (with only 12 options) a mass agreed quality with a personal taste , beside that i haven’t played Amber’s Blood and Corrosion: Cold Winter…  but i played all those mentioned .

i wanted as well to add games like Metal Dead and captain Morgane but i had to go with the priority (imho) and i added that not mentioned Option/Row for whom doesn’t see his/her kind of joy game here, so far ....

at last this i not consider the best list of all tastes, as much as it is revealing that the past 6 months really had a dozen of good Adventures already released .

anyone can forget about the poll and submit his Fav. it not an aggie or something Grin

P.S: its nice to expect/see that Indies like (Resonance and Botanicula) are being the best ones around the list, though Walking dead is making a good progress too.

thanks for concern

Edit:  Botanicula is not an Independent Financed Game (i guess i am mistaken )

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

I’m more of a Vohaul Strikes Back guy than an Incinerations guy myself. VSB appealed more to what I was looking for in SQ. Also love that SQ2 remake by Infamous Adventures.

inm8#2 - 15 July 2012 05:03 AM
A.A - 15 July 2012 04:38 AM

Resonance.

By a LONG margin.

“Resonance? 5/10”

- Gamespot

Everybody has unique taste, I disagree with Gamespot reviewers very often.

I’ve been catching up lately, Yesterday looks good.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

hBotanicula was the only one on your list that I would want to play. Indeed, it is the only adventure game I have played this year. Thankfully, it was a lot of fun and a great game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top