• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabrielkanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Friday 13 July 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Erm, Rosie, didn’t your parents tell you not to talk to strangers? Making deals with a shady lady in a mirror might not be a great idea. Who knows, you might end up getting swallowed by a whale, chased by a troll in a dark cave and attacked by zombies in a graveyard at night… Just sayin’.

To be honest, when I launched KQ4 yesterday night, armed with my trusty set of savegames courtesy of the Roberta Williams Anthology (what would I ever do without those?), I had no idea what scene I wanted to do today. And then I started watching the intro just to listen again to the fantastic MT-32 score, and there it was: Rosella saying Yes to the mirror and being transported to a mysterious land.

To me, that is King’s Quest: saying Yes to going to a new, magical place, without knowing what to expect, mostly for the sake of adventure (even though she has a strong personal motivation in this case). There’s an innocence and a simple magic to this child-like dream of going on an adventure which, even though it may not have been so clearly present in the first 3 episodes, will forever be the soul of King’s Quest for me.

(We might want to revisit this question when we reach The Silver Lining in 6 weeks…)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

KQ4 had death lurking around in every scene, but i loved the HUGE area (screens) you can wonder around before Rosella gets to the Castle .

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Never mind misread

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I remember playing this as a child constantly getting stuck or dead and it ended up pissing me off to such a degree I quit.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I was bracing myself for a terrifying horror screen, it’s friday the 13th after all. KQ is the furthest you can get from that, save Ecoquest or Willy Beamish.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Oscar - 14 July 2012 12:18 AM

I was bracing myself for a terrifying horror screen, it’s friday the 13th after all. KQ is the furthest you can get from that, save Ecoquest or Willy Beamish.

Yeah, me too. Or a scene with the Knights Templar in it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top